Which celebrities do you most admire?

Scratch

Worker Bee
May 14, 2014
London
I am not sure if this fits in this forum, given it's meant to be about celebrity thinspo, but anyway.... I wanted to ask which celebrities, irrespective of weight/looks, you most admire? This is the place to share the ones you might like despite the fact that their thighs touch or they have a 100 page long thread in Takedowns.

My biggest actress crush is Cate Blanchett. I just think she rocks. She's not beautiful but she's attractive in a totally sophisticated, understated way, she can act the socks off any co-star she's placed with, and she's smart as hell. I saw her in a stage production of Big and Small (Gross und Klein) a few years ago and she was fabulous.

I also like.... J-Law. Bite me! I like her tell it like it is attitude, I find it refreshing. Plus she's really fucking funny.

I also love George Clooney because he has charisma on top of his charisma, he's classy and he's smart. He also has a very nice looking house in Lake Como haha. His acting is soso but he doesn't need to be an amazing actor because he's just got that star quality that you can't quite put your finger on.

Michael Fassbender. He's an amazing actor, he's picked some really good films, and while he's not classically handsome, he is sexy as fuck (have you seen Shame? Point made). He also lives near me, we hang out at the same places, he likes to party.... *drifts into a revery*

I really like Mila Kunis. I've never seen the 70s show but only in a few of her movies and interviews. To me she comes across so charming in her interviews :).

Marina Diamandis

tumblr_mcdj598cfA1racya7o1_500.png

I consider myself a feminist because I believe women should have equal rights. Of course. It's just that the term 'feminism' conjures up other things for people.

I criticized the whole American song writing industry and the pop side of it and I was bitter about it. And I stepped back and thought 'Why are you bitter? You can't just stand there like every other indie musician and criticize this so-called 'generic' music when you're not doing anything to challenge that

I'm just waiting for the moment where it's accepted that women are just as sexual as men without women having to be overtly sexy just to prove how 'liberated' they are.

I also love George Clooney because he has charisma on top of his charisma, he's classy and he's smart. He also has a very nice looking house in Lake Como haha. His acting is soso but he doesn't need to be an amazing actor because he's just got that star quality that you can't quite put your finger on.

When I read your thread, George was my first choice which came to my mind.
I don't admire him, but I just think he is pretty much complete as he offers it all, brain, humor, looks, career. And then of course, he seems to be free from all those daily worries and issues which I have.

I admire young Che Guevara, but he isn't a celebrity. But damn, what.a.vita.

I admire Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly. I don't know if old hollywood actresses count in this thread, but I don't care! ;) I always enjoy watching their movies. They move so gracefully, dress beautifully, very elegant and classy on and off the screen.

Only Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Everything they've done seems perfect to me and they are extremely intelligent men. Imagine ... they even believe in a God :) which makes them so much more perfect to me.

mlQUDpX.jpg

They are on acid here which is a big nono for me (drugs are bad, mmkay)

Oh and Scratch, you're so cool! Let the girl post in Skinny Showcase already, dammit!

Admiration is such a strong word for people whose life's work is about entertaining me. I like those people, I think they're hot and fun and I want to fuck them or have a coffee with them, but admire?

I admire Marie Curie and Rosalind Franklin; also Dawkins, Jim Watson (his personality is fucking amazing), etc. People who actually achieved something that changed the world, you know.

Reactions: 1 user
People who actually achieved something that changed the world, you know.

But entertainment can change the world.

Art accompanies all important political and social movements - form civil rights to women's rights to gay rights to sexual liberation.

Would you really discount the work of Blues musicians of the 50s and 60s who helped to ensure integration and white acceptance of the black community? Or the way the first openly gay/ sexually ambiguous musicians suffered torrents of abuse to bring a message of acceptance to the public?

If you're vegetarian how could you overlook the Smiths album 'meat is murder' which is believed to have converted tens of thousands of people to vegetarianism.

These are a few shitty examples but the point I'm trying to make is that art (film, photography, music etc.) is needed to implement social change by shaping the perceptions and views of the public (if that makes sense :confused:)

And forgetting everything I just said I guess I think hard work is admirable.

But entertainment can change the world.

Art accompanies all important political and social movements - form civil rights to women's rights to gay rights to sexual liberation.

Would you really discount the work of Blues musicians of the 50s and 60s who helped to ensure integration and white acceptance of the black community? Or the way the first openly gay/ sexually ambiguous musicians suffered torrents of abuse to bring a message of acceptance to the public?

If you're vegetarian how could you overlook the Smiths album 'meat is murder' which is believed to have converted tens of thousands of people to vegetarianism.

These are a few shitty examples but the point I'm trying to make is that art (film, photography, music etc.) is needed to implement social change by shaping the perceptions and views of the public (if that makes sense :confused:)

And forgetting everything I just said I guess I think hard work is admirable.

You raise some valid points. Everything you have written is completely true, these entertainers did have some major influence on social issues. On the other hand, social changes can be implemented, and the views of the public can be (theoretically speaking) shaped without the participation of media personalities and artists, while people like politicians, journalists and social scientists are an integral part of it. What I'm trying to say is - it's (for the most part, I dare not be exclusive) not the entertainer's/artist's idea to raise an issue, he is merely promoting it.
Were the artists not given celebrity status (remember earlier centuries, the travelling acting troupes that were thought of as beggars, almost), they'd have no voice at all.
This is only speaking of social sciences. When it comes to natural and technical sciences, the ones that actually keep us all alive and healthy and prosperous and rich - celebrities and artists have no influence whatsoever, except for the odd donation or two, which is in my opinion not only negligible, but also not the topic of this conversation.

Angelina Jolie.

Her dedication to helping other countries and being an ambassador for the U.N. is really admirable. Her and Brad Pitt both use their money and power to actually DO something, and I LOVE that. I also really respect the way they raise their kids, to be whoever they want to be. A lot of people give Angie shit for letting Shiloh dress like a tomboy, but I honestly love the fact they let their children explore different genders, cultures, etc. They are just respectable people and I am just happy to see such powerful celebs use their fame & fortune to make a difference.

Angelina Jolie.

Her dedication to helping other countries and being an ambassador for the U.N. is really admirable. Her and Brad Pitt both use their money and power to actually DO something, and I LOVE that. I also really respect the way they raise their kids, to be whoever they want to be. A lot of people give Angie shit for letting Shiloh dress like a tomboy, but I honestly love the fact they let their children explore different genders, cultures, etc. They are just respectable people and I am just happy to see such powerful celebs use their fame & fortune to make a difference.

Yeah, you're right, she really does something useful with her excessive time and money.
It's almost enough to forget about her collection of exotic children and her extremely ignorant director debut.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, you're right, she really does something useful with her excessive time and money.
It's almost enough to forget about her collection of exotic children and her extremely ignorant director debut.

lol, don't sugar coat it.. tell us how u really feel ;)

Jerry Seinfeld.. he's probably the only celebrity I'd like to meet and actually talk to.

I used to admire the shit out of Madonna. I was a crazed fan from age 9 until about 20. Then she discovered kaballah :rolleyes: But I do still sort of admire her work ethic, her self-control and the fact that, despite not being the best singer, the best dancer, all that beautiful or even all that well dressed, through sheer determination and savviness she's become probably the most successful woman in pop music of all time.

lol, don't sugar coat it.. tell us how u really feel ;)

Actually, this wasn't sugar-coating, I'm just really conflicted about her. She's a fine actress and an incredibly beautiful woman (used to be my number one celeb crush), while also being a seemingly dedicated mother to a half a soccer team of kids, a true feminist and human rights activist. I just have a little problem with the adoptions, I really don't get the entire phenomenon of adopting from exotic countries when there's so much needy children in your neighborhood; and also - my entire nation hates her because of that awful, historically incorrect and bias towards the Croats movie.

Angelina Jolie.

Angelina Jolie actually reminds me of Audrey Hepburn with all of her work helping other countries. It's very admirable and not something you see from every celebrity... or celebrities at all really.

article-2604007-1D1819B100000578-270_634x705.jpg

Ellen Page. Fab actress and seems like a really articulate, thoughtful, and motivated person.

I actually really admire victoria beckham. I know a lot of people don't like her, but she always exudes poise and grace (well, since she got her implants taken out) and I really admite her for it. She always looks lovely imo.

Angelina Jolie.

I completely second this one - I think Angelina genuinely is passionate about helping these people and wants to change the world. She clearly cares about her family and also acknowledges how fortunate she is, and she actually wants to give some of that back.

Another one I admire is Robert Downey Jr. He's an incredibly talented actor, who after his serious drug problems, turned his life around and really got his career as well as personal life on track. He's an extremely interesting guy to me and I think he's fantastic in everything I've seen him in. In terms of admiration I'd say I just admire how he pulled himself together out of such a dark and dangerous place in his life.