Where are you on the global fat scale?

Gemma

Rookie
Mar 2, 2012
NYC
Pretty cool calculator that tells you where you are on the global fat scale along with the mean weights of other countries.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-18770328

My results:
Below average: A lower BMI than 99% of females aged 18-29 in the USA
Below average: A lower BMI than 96% of females aged 15-29 in the world
Most like someone in Vietnam

Just for fun I put in my HW. These were the results:
Below average: A lower BMI than 77% of females aged 15-29 in the USA
Above average: A higher BMI than 60% of females aged 15-29 in the world
Most like someone from Austria

Ive seen this site before :)

I got ethiopia, 97% below women in my country, 89% below women in the world. But i put age 30, even though i wont be 30 for 2 more weeks. I think last time i was Eritrea, and the time before some L-country...

Im curious if i change my age how much it will shift? Letxs see...

I got below 99% for the US, and below 95% for the world. I'm most like someone from Vietnam.

Fun fact from the site:
"Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 111,151,487 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population "

Reactions: 1 users
I got Ethiopia again haha. I took this survey before though...I don't remember this part though:

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 69,905,181 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

Vietnam and 90,232,040 tonnes for me.

You have a lower BMI than 98% of females aged 15-29 in your country
You have a lower BMI than 90% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Thanks so much for sharing this site! It's both really interesting and motivational/inspirational! I feel like the numbers really puts things into perspective. Having a lower BMI than 82% of the population in my country is definitely a confidence boost, especially since being fat isn't exactly the norm here. I mean, sure there are fat people but I've always thought that the average girl in my age, in my country, is pretty slim. Also got Ethiopia.

Below average
You have a lower BMI than 99% of females aged 15-29 in your country
Global
Below average
You have a lower BMI than 97% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 121,905,560 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

Reactions: 1 user
Lower bmi than 97% of women 15-29 in my country
Lower bmi than 87% of women 15-29 in the world
most like vietnam

I got Ethiopia, compared with other females aged 30-44 in Ethiopia.
Lower BMI than 98% of females aged 30-44 in Spain.
Lower BMI than 91% of females aged 30-44 in the world.
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as me, it would remove 85,748,199 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population...
I feel sorry for the Earth now. But this was funny, thanks for sharing!