What's your favorite movie(s)?

I watched American Beauty for the first time last night and I don't know how I've gone this long without seeing it. It was excellent, definitely infiltrated my favorites list

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sad to say that I've been meaning to get to Brass Eye for years, but it's still in my ever-growing 'see soon' pile. For SHAME!

Whilst browsing thinning threads, why not binge on bitter Blue Jam:

Now that my finals are over, I'm totally going to watch all of these.

One could likewise peek back further - to the files of Police Squad!:

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'm a sucker for Disney movies... growing up I was obsessed with The Little Mermaid, Mulan & Hercules.

Several of you ladies mentioned American Psycho, I personally love that movie too. It was trippy...

AND

Christian Bale did SUCH a good job with his acting. I'm not really that good at telling if a person is a good actor, but after first seeing this movie, I couldn't see him the same way for at least a year lol. The way he acted sorta imprinted in my mind so that when I saw him in The Dark Knight, I immediately thought of Patrick Bateman lol. He was soooo intense and creepy.

I love American Psycho so much. It's absolutely hilarious to me, whereas the book... at times I really has to remind myself it was satire. And CB was fab in it, but my favorite bits of the film are when you can visibly see him break character for a split second. I don't know why but it always cracks me up when actors break that 4th wall.

But as much as I adore that movie it's probably #5 or 6 of my all time faves:

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
3. Singing in the Rain
4. Gone with the Wind (Scarlett is such a head birch in charge)

Then I also love American Psycho, Howl's Moving Castle, Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Back to the Future, To Catch a Thief, The Philadelphia Story, Sound of Music(nuns and Nazis and Christopher Plummer? How can you not), Memento, The 400 Blows, and I don't know why but the Alfonso Cuaron version of Great Expectations.

"Secret Life of Walter Mitty" really inspired me. It's an amazing film which just screams at you to follow your dreams and I highly recommend it!
Recently I watched "Girl, Interrupted" (I'm so slow haha) and it was very interesting and I just loved Angelina Jolie's acting. Another film with her that I really like is "Gia", which is also great and fascinating but so sad.

A lot of my fave movies have already been mentioned. Thought I'd add The Apartment since some of you might not know it. It's a black and white movie. Does get a little depressing in the middle but I still think it's super cute movie.

Harold and Maude
The Dreamers
Waking Life
The Fifth Element
Princess Mononoke
Roman Holiday (Audrey Hepburn in this is unreal. Her waist :luv:)
Serenity (RIP Firefly!)
Eternal Sunshine of tve Spotless Mind
Amelie

I'll also gladly watch any and all cheesy dance movie ( Step Up, Honey, Save the Last Dance, etc.) I also love Sci Fi and horror.

For me, it's Leonardo diCaprio movies, Inception, Shutter Island, Wolf of the Wallstreet, but I also like the ultimate ones such as The Shawshank Redemption, or Slumdog Millionaire (Oscar winner, if you haven't, you must see it).. Don't get me wrong, I am a total girly fan of the Divergent and Hunger Games series, but I find it's only for fun.. they are not movies that stick with you, or even challenge you..

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Nothing like a dark romantic movie for me, but a real dark and deep one, like in the old times, not the jokes of nowadays...
I don't know how many times I have watched it and in how many languages :luvluv:
Plus Gary Oldman... :luv: (Winona I hate you!)
do you believe in destiny.jpg

I saw The holiday last nigh.At first I thought it's a typical American romantic comedy ,but it's actually very good,charming and warm,if you like Love Actually,you will love The Holiday!I highly recommend it!:)
P.S.Cameron Diaz and Jude Law make it so sexy :)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Nothing like a dark romantic movie for me, but a real dark and deep one, like in the old times, not the jokes of nowadays...
I don't know how many times I have watched it and in how many languages :luvluv:
Plus Gary Oldman... :luv: (Winona I hate you!)
View attachment 5878

I first watched Bram stoker's Dracula, when I was a kid.....possibly 7-8?
Anyway, I clearly didn't understand any of it because for the longest time, I just remembered that it scared the crap out of me back then...
Especially the part where Dracula's shadow moved independently....
I was pleasantly surprised when I watched it many many years later that it was just a paranormal love story. :p
We're so silly as kids sometimes.

There are so many, but I'll name a few:
Let the Right One In
Lost in Translation
Drive
The Prime of Miss Jean Brody
And for a good dose of nostalgia, A Little Princess (Alfonso Cuaron, not Shirley Temple)