What's your favorite movie(s)?

I'm a huge movie person! I watch them on netflix, on demand, in theaters, all the time its my guilty pleasure haha

My all time favorite is definitely American Psycho followed up by Fight Club and The Machinist.

1. American History X
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Fight Club

Also would want to include Ferris Bueller's Day off, The Breakfast Club, Clueless, Schindler's List, Secretary, Batman Begins, Shutter Island, Taxi Driver, and Gladiator.....

You literally listed all the movies I was about to post :highfive:

The only other ones I would include would be Psycho and Breakfast at Tiffanys.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless

Yes! Such an original, quirky and visually captivating movie. Jim Carrey's performance is great in this one.

Also forgot to mention Vanilla Sky. I think many people just discarded it apriori thinking it would be another rom com, but it has a very interesting underlying plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silence of the lambs,
Sixth sense,
Never let me go
and many many more...

Manic
Dancer in the Dark
We Need to Talk about Kevin
Nobody Knows
Hausu

Mostly 'cult' films that show I have questionable taste. These are in no particular order, because bringing myself to say I like one more than another would be a complete lie.

In no particular order:

Fight Club
Requiem for a Dream
American History X
American Psycho
A Clockwork Orange

Forrest Gump
Midnight in Paris
Clueless

I based it on films I can watch over and over again. Special mention must also go to Shawshank Redemption, Shakespeare in Love and Leon!

probably missing a whole bunch, but oh well...

sci-fi: donnie darko, melancholia, divergent, gravity, the matrix, war of the worlds, world war z

horror: silent hill, 1408, evil dead, amityville horror, the exorcist, carrie, vhs, vile, would you rather

comedy horror: final destination, stitches, it, blood night, excision, barrio tales, saw, texas chainsaw, chucky, children of the corn

drama: requiem for a dream, the machinist, girl interrupted, pulp fiction, stoker, fight club, one hour photo, forest gump, freeway, the truman show

comedy: little nicky, zoolander, tim and eric’s billion dollar movie, pineapple express, cable guy

nostalgic movies: hocus pocus, halloweentown, beetlejuice, edward scissorhands, nightmare b4 xmas, creepshow, pee wee herman’s big adventure, most disney movies: alice in wonderland / fantasia / lady and the tramp / dumbo / pinnoccio / beauty and the beast

other: gummo, martha marcy may marlene, enter the void, buffalo 66, christiane f

It's funny you listed these because I watched them both this week and had never heard of them - just stumbled across them on demand! I love horror movies but I couldn't really get into either of them especially excision but maybe I'll try again!

lol I watch on demand movies all the time, that's probably where I seen them, and randomly on the movie channels. Don't feel bad, movies like these are an acquired taste I think and not necessarily "good" movies.

No particular order or theme:

Donnie Darko
Django Unchained
Inception
Fantastic Mr. Fox (omg i love it so much)
Sabrina (with audrey)

Lost in Translation, probably. I also love anything Wes Anderson, with The Darjeeling Limited being my favorite of his, probably (especially the beginning short "Hotel Chevalier"). Julie Delpy's 2 Days in New York is also the funniest movie I've ever seen, and never fails to cheer me up!

Impossible question.

- I love Studio Ghibli, Pixar, and Wallace and Gromit (I always watch this stuff if I'm sick).

- Cornetto Trilogy: Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End (Special Mention: Cuban Fury - which has the best dance-off ever).

- Over-the-top late 80s - early 90s comedy movies (First Wives Club, The Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Clue, anything by Mel Brooks).

- Asian: Survive Style 5+, Happiness of the Katakuris, The Most Distant Course.

- Blockbustery stuff: Anything by Marvel (always fun to watch people fight and blow stuff up).

Special Mention: Mysterious Skin. The Edukators, Rare Exports, Terkel in Trouble, Free Jimmy, Let The Right One In (Swedish), Attack the Block, Breakfast at Tiffanys, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and too many others to count.