What to wear on a morning party?

D

Daisy

Hi ladies!
I'm going to a morning cocktail party next week and I need some advice on what wo wear. It will be a fairly important occasion, since probably there will be my boyfriend's ex, who is also my ultimate thispo :rolleyes:
That's why I want to look gorgeous and skinny for that day!

the party will be on a terrace, and it will be hot. My boyfriend's ex is the kind of girl who is alway flawless and who always wears chic designer pieces with enviable elegance :rolleyes:
That's why I want to be classy and chic, but in a natural, elegant way.

What should I wear? What makeup? What kind of jewelry?

A nice dress that accentuates your best features- you also need to feel comfortable in it! - Maybe something vintage-style? I really love those polka-dot dresses, and they seem to be good for that occasion! They´re so sexy but classy and not too revealing at the same time.
Jewellery: Less is more. Maybe a few eyecatchers like a nice bracelet, earrings or a watch, but not too much of it.
Make-up: The casual make-up you wear every day, maybe with some eye shadow or lipstick that matches the colour of your dress.

But anyway, have a nice day and enjoy yourself - there must be a good reason your bf is with you and not with her anymore! ;)

"There must be a good reason your bf is with you and not with her anymore!"

Definitely agree. I had to sit next to my boyfriend's ex at his best friend's birthday dinner, and it was SO awkward! :(

I am going with Scarlet on this one - definitely a dress! I personally love printed dresses. I think something like this would be cute for a day event, but I'm not sure how formal your party is:

lauren+conrad+green+print+dress.jpeg

@mbudillon did you decide what to wear? just read you reached your gw, i'm sure you look incredibly nice:kiss:
good luck for your morning party, i'm sure you can pull this ex girlfriend off:kiss: (haha hope that is the right translation for what i want to say^^)

Last edited by a moderator:
@mbudillon did you decide what to wear? just read you reached your gw, i'm sure you look incredibly nice:kiss:
good luck for your morning party, i'm sure you can pull this ex girlfriend off:kiss: (haha hope that is the right translation for what i want to say^^)

You're lovely :luv:
Since I reached my GW I gained more self confidence, enough to decide to wear a mini mini floral dress to show my new body !

Last edited by a moderator:
White radiates understated elegance and class. Perhaps something like a fitted white dress that highlights your teeny tiny waist with minimal gold accessories, clutch bag and nude heels. Very fresh and summery.
Also, i lOVE your measurements. Total thinspo!

White radiates understated elegance and class. Perhaps something like a fitted white dress that highlights your teeny tiny waist with minimal gold accessories, clutch bag and nude heels. Very fresh and summery.
Also, i lOVE your measurements. Total thinspo!

I loved your suggestions! so chic and fresh! I could think about it :)
thanks to see my measurements as a thinspo anyway:luv:

party on a terrace, possibly in the sunshine, are you too young for a sun hat, that can be serious glamour.

You're lovely :luv:
Since I reached my GW I gained more self confidence, enough to decide to wear a mini mini floral dress to show my new body !

sounds lovely!
you look gorgeous (just saw your skinny showcase thread thread:luv:), how was the party, i bet this ex girlfriend was pretty jaulous when she saw your new figure, so i'm waiting for a nice skinny takedown story:cool:

sounds lovely!
you look gorgeous (just saw your skinny showcase thread thread:luv:), how was the party, i bet this ex girlfriend was pretty jaulous when she saw your new figure, so i'm waiting for a nice skinny takedown story:cool:

She was jealous actually. I feel so good at the party :cool: I admit I looked pretty good with my new dress (and my new body) while she gained weight in these months :high five:
This not made just my day but the entire week :grin: