What have you bought recently?

Splurged on some timeless pieces recently. Saint Laurent Harness Boots, Saint Laurent Signature Low Waist Skinny Jeans in Black Leather, Vintage Chanel bag.

eCom-563757CY5001000_D.jpg
eCom-496409Y5RG21000_A.jpg
19285829-1_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Yes, I’m doing it at Satori Laser! I think their prices may have risen sliiiightly since I purchased the package, but you can also find huge deals for certain locations on Groupon.
Oh amazing I actually booked a consult there before I saw your reply! Super excited to finally do this

Call me a basic bitch all you want but I've been a whore for Louboutin forever and I doubt my Loubie fever is going away anytime soon. I got a pair of these a couple weeks ago. They are chunkier than I usually go for, but I love them.

4sr3LqM.jpg

BwkN4wE.jpg

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 15 users
Call me a basic bitch all you want but I've been a whore for Louboutin forever and I doubt my Loubie fever is going away anytime soon. I got a pair of these a couple weeks ago. They are chunkier than I usually go for, but I love them.

4sr3LqM.jpg

BwkN4wE.jpg
How's the comfort? I love how most Louboutins look but some of them are qualifying for the most hell on earth shoes to walk in. Especially anything open.
Your boots look really nice! I can imagine many great outfits with them. That's not being basic, that's having tasteful essentials 😍

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
How's the comfort?

They're "unisex" so I was hoping the extra width would make them more comfortable than the usual Loub. I was kind of right - maybe too right. I ordered a half-size down and it was definitely the right decision. They do feel "hard" (the insole/midsole) like Loubies usually do, but so far I've only worn them around my apartment. The uppers do not have any pinch points or hard spots - which most of my other Loubs do. But that's because there's almost too much room (side to side) in these. I don't have wide feet but they aren't narrow either. I tried them with a gel insole (cheating, I know :hahano:) today and they felt more snug and comfy.

TBH I think these are better for men, or women with wider feet. But they look hot (major boss bitch vibes) so they are staying. The other thing is that the top part (shaft and collar) is big for my calves.

I love how most Louboutins look but some of them are qualifying for the most hell on earth shoes to walk in. Especially anything open.

YES, I remember a long time ago he said they "aren't supposed to be comfortable" or something like that. They've gotten better but still, most of mine have at least one pinch point that I can't get out of mind when I wear them, so I usually stick those spots with the little stick-in gel pads. Those make a big difference.

Your boots look really nice! I can imagine many great outfits with them. That's not being basic, that's having tasteful essentials 😍

I have so much black in my wardrobe but it makes things so much easier. Black + a primary-colored detail or accessory (usually red or blue) and I'm happy.

I am getting old and lazy I guess.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I recently bought a cashmere jumper on Saturday, and I’ve been really pleased with the quality of its material. We usually have really rough winters in Eastern Europe, and even though the weather this year has been pleasant, I still wanted to splurge on some higher-end knitwear. I am trying to build a capsule wardrobe, because these mainstream fashion trends are horrendous…

E17F8120-2C75-4C95-85CC-495272589808.jpeg

I also bought a pair of Diesel jeans, but I am debating on returning them. Definitely an impulse purchase :nervous: What should I do?

A0F26E63-6A51-4D0D-AF86-8811FC898B0C.jpeg

• Love
YES, I remember a long time ago he said they "aren't supposed to be comfortable" or something like that.
This actually reminds me of something I always like to recall in my head. Good-looking Garments won't be pleasant to wear and clearly aren't supposed to. Tight denim jeans don't feel comfortable, but for sure look amazing on thin legs, the same applies to any other clothing piece and obviously shoes. And here we have it again, who wants to look beautiful has to suffer, as my mom always used to say: beauty is pain.

Last edited:
  • Agree
And here we have it again, who wants to look beautiful has to suffer, as my mom always used to say: beauty is pain.
There is an old Romanian saying that goes “Baba suferă la frumusețe”, which translates to “The old lady suffers for beauty”. Just thought that the quote was a nice addition to what you already said :)

Reactions: 2 users
I bought the Lululemon Align Tank and very form fitting and super flattering if you're skinny. Basic but high quality material and good for any workout class. I'm flat but also very supportive if you have a larger chest.
Unknown.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Bought these military style boots over the weekend, and I’m honestly very pleased about my purchase. It’s snowing right now where I live, so I needed some good, yet stylish boots!
832BBB19-E929-4A3B-86D3-F3479F304FDB.jpeg

Bumping this thread again, as I simply couldn’t resist getting my hands on a pair of YSL Platform boots from the S/S 19 collection that I’ve been eyeing for quite some time now. As always, Vestaire Collective is my preferred address when it comes to finding new or vintage pieces that are either out of production or with an astronomical retail price.
I got a size smaller than usual since my feet are very narrow, but so far they’re feeling quite alright, considering the fact that I’ve been wearing these boots all night while going out. Paired them with black skinny leather pants, which tbh made my legs look fucking amazing.

ysl.jpg

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Went shopping instead of attending my lectures and bought the Marc Jacobs small The Tote Bag. I previously never cared for it but I saw it on a girl the other day and she styled it so well I thought I need to get it. I'll finally be able to fit a water bottle in my bag. I'm currently so over small bags and baguettes.
16792222_33095384_800.jpg

Bonus: I don't know if the cashier entered the price wrong but it was £20 cheaper than on the label + she asked if I was a student because I would be eligible for an additional discount which I've only ever used my student discount 5 times maximum since a lot of places just don't do it so I don't bother asking. I think me and this bag were meant to be together today.

@ all my fellow Doc Martens enthusiasts on SG: Might I recommend the new Audrick platform boots? I went into the store yesterday wanting to try the classic Jadon boots (a skinny favorite that I've seen many rave about here) but immediately fell in love with the Audrick. The leather is supple, the sole and platform have a way more comfortable and flattering fit, imo, and the newness of the style offers the added assurance that half of Soho isn't currently walking around in the same shoes.

Oh also I recently picked up some sheer Wolford leggings and they are luxe and exquisite! Any other hoisery brand feels cheap and scratchy to me now.

Here's me wearing both purchases -- sorry for awkward upside-down angling of my phone:

IMG_6487.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6493.JPG

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: 7 users
Bumping this thread because I recently began a new job; to celebrate, I bought a few things that I’m excited about. Many of you seem to have great taste (especially in shoes/boots). My new boots haven’t arrived yet, so, comfort/fit TBA. Here’s what I got:

MM6 Maison Margiela ankle boots
DA707568-86A7-49D1-BA34-05761FF9CBE2.jpeg

Wandler Teresa Bag
75FE6183-DE82-4E8A-8D9C-C81A82F4AF05.jpeg

Catbird Sleeping Beauty Opal Ring
82DB2C38-0AAB-4543-B395-8D43C42556B5.jpeg

The new job is in-person so it’s a big adjustment—my old job went completely remote during the pandemic. I’m really looking forward to putting more effort into getting dressed. Can’t wait to see what you all are buying or saving up for.

• Love
Went shopping instead of attending my lectures and bought the Marc Jacobs small The Tote Bag. I previously never cared for it but I saw it on a girl the other day and she styled it so well I thought I need to get it. I'll finally be able to fit a water bottle in my bag. I'm currently so over small bags and baguettes.
View attachment 122409
Bonus: I don't know if the cashier entered the price wrong but it was £20 cheaper than on the label + she asked if I was a student because I would be eligible for an additional discount which I've only ever used my student discount 5 times maximum since a lot of places just don't do it so I don't bother asking. I think me and this bag were meant to be together today.

A friend of mine was carrying this exact bag to uni this afternoon.
Though I think she opted for the small/medium size. Anyway, I'm sorry: this comment was 0% useful.

So… I recently purchased the Skims soft lounge long sleeve dress in black (size xxs of course) and this is one of the best purchases I have ever made! The dress fits to the body beautifully and it shows off the figure in the most gorgeous way. I seriously recommend that every skinny girl has this dress. It’s very classic, comfortable and easy to dress up or dress down. It shows off any subtle curves I have perfectly. I don’t want to take it off lol and I can’t stop staring in the mirror. Thanks Kim Kardashian you did something right for once ;) (no I was not sponsored by Skims to absolutely kiss Kim K’s ass in my review of this dress believe it or not)
B76D6891-CCB4-417A-BD86-BB086EB929C4.jpeg
264E8F29-B569-4D8C-B592-A53A1CF6F483.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users