What have you bought recently?

I had a day off from work, so I went on an impromptu shopping spree and found this floral midi dress for insanely cheap! I really like the ruching and slight puff on the shoulders. I'm debating if I should get the neckline altered though (it's a little too plunging for my liking)

On the model:
View attachment 89655

On me (please excuse my legs... I have Marine Deleeuw syndrome :nervous:):
View attachment 89656

I’m loving the recent trend on this site of members including a pic of the ecom model together with their ootd pic. I’m especially loving how members’ outfits almost always look better on them than they do on the model! A nice reminder (not that we needed it) that everything looks better on a skinny. And also a reminder of how chubby many ecom models are these days...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Impulse bought a tennis skirt off amazon for $25
B4DC9B70-92F3-4A9D-8D28-067F61B94451.jpeg
D1C3AF02-5605-4A89-A0F6-C5B521301B00.jpeg

My waist became 22” completely out of fucking nowhere, so the 2 ended up being slightly too big, it’s good quality though so I might get a 0 in navy or white if I’m feeling spicy

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
531F052D-9254-45BD-8929-F31277012607.jpeg

Bought a crop top and skirt from Brandy Melville - I am way past their target age demographic but god are their clothes cute.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Absolutely in love with these! I've tried reverse searching the photo with no luck. Also tried googling. Do you mind sharing the site you bought these on/the style name of these shorts?
I just checked, and it appears that they are no longer stocking that pair of shorts. I had bought them from Kohl’s in July.

I had the day off today, so I spent it at the mall :lol: I found this wrap dress for very cheap and decided to buy it bc I’m a sucker for florals and flowy clothes. And I like how upper body looks in it

8444A668-40FA-40E7-ACCF-8D36A6DF967A.jpeg

On me:
2B693C60-4C19-466E-812F-EF3D451F2BAE.jpeg
4DCE8AC8-E34A-4550-A400-9062E6369B6C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Currently waiting anxiously for residency interview invites so I've been buying lots of stuff to cope because what else is a girl to do :rolleyes:

These adidas by Stella McCartney shorts and t-shirt for working out and/or lounging were on sale
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 16.42.23.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 16.44.07.png

Also these clogs to wear with flowy dresses and black tights
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 16.43.28.png

Big splurge but I've been saving up for these since last year's trip to Italy and I finally got a pair of Golden Goose sneakers
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 16.52.49.png

Reactions: 1 users
I recently bought this dress and I'm in love. Right know I'm quite in love with the rose gold colour and all things Oriental. It also rather fits the delicate-yet-sleek aesthetic I'm going for. Bonus points for making the upper body look extra tiny due to the wide sleeves and v that shows off a little bit of my collarbones!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007_231507_com.huawei.hwsearch.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007_231507_com.huawei.hwsearch.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 2 users
An analysis of my recent purchases has proven to me that my style was not androgynous as I had hoped, but rather an interesting mix of "Grandpa but make it 14-year-old girl". I've also added to my mid-range "designer" bag and wallet collection.

From Brandy Melville (struggled a bit to save the photos, sorry for the shit quality):

MOREARGYLE.jpg

Bernadette pullover: https://au.brandymelville.com/bernadette-sweater-z037-s072-z209.html

BRANDYTOP.jpg

Caroline tops in black and white: https://au.brandymelville.com/caroline-top-z201-162.html

More damn Argyle print:

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 9.09.26 pm.png

I'd show how I styled this but unfortunately, this is a public thread and I was seen the one time I've worn it so far :(
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B082PLBSPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And Fossil Wiley satchel + Coach small wallet:
BAG.jpeg

WALLET.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
These Ann Demeulemeester boots on ebay for much cheaper than the retail price in new condition. I'm a little nervous because this is my first pair of shoes by her so I'm hoping they fit properly and are not uncomfortable. :nervous:

Still a big splurge but it's a gift to myself for the hard work I've been putting into my crafts that I've sold. I want to find a pair of the flat, tall combat boots (second-hand) next.

Other future desires: A pair of Christian Louboutin simple pumps, and Tom Ford pumps. Again, from consignment shops!

@delicateeuphoria Love that fossil satchel!
ann-demeulemeester-black-chunky-heel-combat-boots.jpg
ann-demeulemeester-black-chunky-heel-combat-boots (2).jpg
ann-demeulemeester-black-chunky-heel-combat-boots (1).jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
These Ann Demeulemeester boots on ebay for much cheaper than the retail price in new condition. I'm a little nervous because this is my first pair of shoes by her so I'm hoping they fit properly and are not uncomfortable. :nervous:

Still a big splurge but it's a gift to myself for the hard work I've been putting into my crafts that I've sold. I want to find a pair of the flat, tall combat boots (second-hand) next.

Other future desires: A pair of Christian Louboutin simple pumps, and Tom Ford pumps. Again, from consignment shops!

@delicateeuphoria Love that fossil satchel!
View attachment 95754View attachment 95755View attachment 95756
Absolutely stunning. I love Anne Demeulemeester, especially the classic combat boots.
On that note, congratulations on splurging in rewards for your hard work, feels great.

From my experience, the boots are quite comfortable yet need some time to be 'walked in' with the leather softening.
It's also one of the brands which (lucky for me) cuts a bit narrow, so the fit is usually good if you have narrow feet.
Heels are a bit of a different story, but overall I gotta say the quality, cut and fit is good after giving it some time.
I wore mine with fluffy winter socks the first while until they got a bit softer - oh and they age beautifully.

Enjoy them!

I do think the silhouette is beautiful, but I wonder...How could one possible justify selling / purchasing a coat (that will end up wet, etc) for 900 euros?!

I haven’t seen it in person because I’m not in Sweden at the moment but I suppose it’s due to the high quality or whatever. Normally I wouldn’t spend that much either (a student living abroad, imagine), but it’d be birthday + Christmas gift.
However, I have way more urgent stuff to pay and buy so I’ll probably just buy an almost identical coat from Primark😅 maybe one day, when I’m rich and famous...

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t seen it in person because I’m not in Sweden at the moment but I suppose it’s due to the high quality or whatever. Normally I wouldn’t spend that much either (a student living abroad, imagine), but it’d be birthday + Christmas gift.
However, I have way more urgent stuff to pay and buy so I’ll probably just buy an almost identical coat from Primark😅 maybe one day, when I’m rich and famous...

Smart choice! It's a very beautiful coat, but if there's a nearly identical one for less... why not? ;)
However, that being said, spending that amount of money on something you LOVE and will cherish and use for some time (especially if you were to have tried it on) would have been okay too. If they had a generous return policy (with free shipping) then I'd have said take a chance.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
https://www.filippa-k.com/sv/dam/klader/kappor-jackor/alexa-coat?color=black

View attachment 95922View attachment 95923Not bought yet because it’s super expensive and I have to ponder this decision. What do you think?

I really like this and was looking for this style of coat myself -- we must have similar tastes! I'd splurge on this coat if you're really smitten with the precise brand and cut, but if you'd like to consider other options, here are some I've found. (It is kind of comical how large the price range is.)

Uniqlo - $60

Reformation - $300

Aritzia - $400

Theory - ~$400-900 (I have a different Theory coat and I love it fwiw)

The Row - $4,000

Valentino - $5,500

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I really like this and was looking for this style of coat myself -- we must have similar tastes! I'd splurge on this coat if you're really smitten with the precise brand and cut, but if you'd like to consider other options, here are some I've found. (It is kind of comical how large the price range is.)

Uniqlo - $60

Reformation - $300

Aritzia - $400

Theory - ~$400-900 (I have a different Theory coat and I love it fwiw)

The Row - $4,000

Valentino - $5,500

Thank you so much! 😍😍😍

idk if it can be helpful, but it you’re full time student w no job and still want to afford designers, I think Vestiaire and Depop are the way to go
My designers buy recently:
These two pairs of Ganni boots bought for less than 200$ in absolutely new condition (retail for 400$)
F1AF1CF1-26AC-43B8-A4B9-C1A3F2AD1BC7.jpeg

9AA39889-9B46-4A7E-A596-A75F7C5BB641.jpeg

Two designers bags:
Prada vintage hobo bought for 300$
Absolutely new See by Chloe bag for like 165$
BE294358-5F80-41A2-8645-AA3167A8B654.jpeg

I also find so many deals on the OUTNET, but I bet many of you know the site. I like buying a lot of Ganni to be honest, cause I think their quality is really the best for prices that aren’t so dramatic.
Deals I made recently:
Two Ganni jacket for 80/90$ each:
EEF60848-FA0B-4A5A-BDFB-9C927B51C223.jpeg

B71E15A6-04E0-4E5D-871A-3DDD1C4639EC.jpeg

I also found the most amazing Re/done jeans for 100$, which I absolutely recommend. May be the most comfortable pair of jeans that I own.
I am making a lot of changes in how I buy and eat recently. Must be all of the corona madness but I really stepped back from buying fast fashion, and I have lot more consciousness on what I buy. Every year I clean my wardrobe and I notice how many clothes from Zara, H&M, are basically in really bad condition after not even a full season of wearing. So I have decided to buy less, more expensive, but vintage, second hand or by findings lots of deals online. I literally noticed how many money I was throwing at fast fashion stuff (buying at Zara more than once a week) that I could have just saved to buy from brands that care about sustainability or just to have good quality stuff.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users