classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
Jewellery questionnaire :)

Which jewellery do you wear everyday?
Stud earrings or pearl earrings
No bracelet but a watch
A tiny cross pendant or a diamond pendant (but not everyday or it's usually hidden)
No rings

What type (materials) of jewellery do you normally prefer?
Generally all, usually prefer white gold or gold. Sometimes silver.
I can only wear gold/white gold earrings.
Usually discrete/classic pieces for everyday. Maybe more dressy when I'm going out or have an event but not too often.

Do you change your jewellery day to day?
No. Too lazy for that.

Favourite brands for jewellery?
Astley Clarke, Georg Jensen, Chopard, David Yurman, Tiffany, Jools, Bvalgari, Pravins, Goldsmiths, John Lewis, Anthropologie, Wempe and Liberty. I also love going to markets for jewellery.

Your favourite jewellery?
My pearls.

Can you leave the house without jewellery?
No.

Do you mix and match or matchy matchy?
Mix and match. But I never mix my colours. Matchy (very rare) for elegant events. But I hate those matchy matchy where it's in your face kind of matchy, like when tweens wear all tiffany, etc. Or when they wear all jewellery where it's all high end (when it doesn't look subtle).

Just a simple Tiffany chain from my boyfriend (or sometimes his jewelry - his Tiffany dog chain :kiss:)

I used to wear a ton of rings and bracelets. But I find it to be too much of a hassle now, and they get caught on everything.

Ideally though, I'd like to own a Michael Kors watch and classic Cartier bracelet. The Hermes Collier de Chien bracelet is beautiful too. Other than that, I haven't found much that I like.

My everyday silver with a few tiny crystal earrings
No bracelet but a watch
Golden (white) Necklace with a crystal pendant
No rings, but I plan on buying a couple in the next few days

What type (materials) of jewelery do you normally prefer?
I usually wear silver or white gold, even though I am not opposed to gold or even some metal jewelery, if it fits my mood and my outfit. For everyday, it's something simple and classic, and for night it's usually more sparkly and bigger.

Do you change your jewelery day to day?
Sometimes, when I'm in the mood.

Favourite brands for jewelery?
Bvlgari, Tiffany, Cartier

My necklace, which I wear all the time :)

No.

Mix and match, almost always.

Which jewelry do you wear everyday?
Some days I don't wear any jewelry; I forget. :nervous:

Otherwise, pearl or stud earrings, a very thin silver chain with my great-grandmother's engagement ring around my neck, a ring on my left middle finger (thin silver brain with tiny acorn on top), and a ring on my right ring finger (tiny white gold ring with tiny flower on top).

What type (materials) of jewelry do you normally prefer?
Simple, tiny, and minimal. Usually silver.

Do you change your jewelry day to day?
I used to, but now I find most jewelry a hassle and/or gaudy. Occasionally I wear a different necklace of similar style (i.e., very thin chain and a small centerpiece like a single pearl).

Favourite brands for jewelry?
I have no favorite brands. I've had my rings since I was a child; my great-grandmother's ring is a special heirloom she gave to me; and my pearl/stud earrings are just whatever.

Your favourite jewelry?
My rings.

Can you leave the house without jewelry?
Yes. Although sometimes if I'm not wearing any rings, I freak out for a second thinking I lost them!

I guess I don't match? because I don't use the same brands or a jewelry "set" or anything. Just the same old rings and a variety of stud earrings.

Fun :)

My Wedding Ring - White Gold with Diamonds
A watch - either a Raymond Weil Tango with diamonds or my husband's first Tag Heuer

Genuine materials. White gold, gold, silver, brass, but all solid. Otherwise, I like simple, nature-inspired or vintage pieces. My everyday stuff is always classic and sleek. My husband (thankfully!) is well-trained and usually gifts things I adore.

Yes. I wear different necklaces/earrings/bracelets/rings depending on outfit and mood, but it's regulated to a half-dozen or so. I'm much more likely to swap out necklaces than everything else.

John Hardy, Ippolita, Harry Winston. But in general, I find local artisans produce the best value.

Besides my wedding rings, my grandmother's carnelian set.

Rarely, if ever. Only to work out.

A bit of both. Usually a mix and match of sets, never materials. When dressing for the evening, it's a bit more matchy-matchy (all pearl, etc), but never ALL the pieces of a set. So earrings + a ring or earrings + a bracelet, but never earrings + ring + bracelet + necklace.

Diamond ring.
Watch
Earrings

Gold, white gold, platinum. I tolerate pink gold, but I absolutely can't stand silver, it just gives me creeps for some reason. I never wear any other metals either. I love precious stones. I hate amber- it's like silver, just gives me a bad feeling. Basically, I'm a sucker for anything that's pretty, gold or sparkly.

My jewellery depends on occasion- e.g. pearls when I want to appear classy and "good".

Yes.

Cartier, Graff :love: Bvlgari, Van Cleef & Arpels, Fred, Chopard.
Watches: Cartier, Rolex, Piaget, Breguet, Chanel, Patek.

Your favourite jewelry?
My diamond ring, it has a sentimental value and it's the only piece of jewelry I wear every day and never change.

No.

Almost always match, very rarely mix.

My sweet 16 ring (large oval cut peridot flanked by small triangle cut diamonds on a white gold band) on my right ring finger

My family crest ring (square face engrave with my crest in a substantial silver band) on my left pointer finger - except it's too big on my now so I'm getting it resized before I wear it again. In it's place I'm wearing a dainty silver ring with six tiny round cut diamonds offset from each other across the front, if that makes sense haha

A watch - either my rose gold Michael Kors or a dainty silver tissot with a mother of pearl face and diamonds at 12 and 6

Earrings - pearls, peridot/diamond, or whatever I feel like

White or rose gold

Never rings, and I rotate between watches. I change earrings and bracelets an necklaces depending on my outfit.

Don't have any yet.

Your favourite jewelry?

My rings.

I can but I feel odd.

Depends on the day.

Pearl earrings and a chain in my left ear,
a gold vintage necklace my sister and I have the same of
tag heuer watch I got for a birthday years ago
little gold jane kønig ring that is just a circle
silver bead bracelet my boyfriend bought me from Tiffany's :)

Silver, light gold, and pearls.

No, I honestly sleep in it.

Tiffany and Jane Kønig.

My bracelet.

Never.

I guess it's mixed, simply because they're the things that mean a lot to me, and even though they don't really match, I need to wear them every day.

I have small stretched lobes so I always wear plugs
I always have at least 1 ring on each hand
another pair of earrings in a higher up hole, maybe 2 pairs
I wear dainty necklaces maybe 85% of the time
Nose stud
Septum ring (50% of the time)

I always prefer silver and white gold. I have a few gold pieces, which I rarely wear (If i had more rose gold, I'd never take it off).

Necklaces, yes. Earrings and rings, no, I shower and sleep in them.

Most of what I own was handed down to me by my great aunt, and I really don't know where they came from :/

An open silver ring I have, it wraps around the finger without meeting in the middle.

No.

Mix and match usually, I guess, but I'd never wear one gold and one silver ring. I might however, have a silver ring and a gold necklace.

Class ring (gold ring, onyx and sapphire stones) on my left index, a gold band on my right middle finger, a gold bracelet that was my great grandmother's on my left arm, and a black tourmaline pendant on a gold necklace. (Can you tell I like gold? ;))

Gold (duh- it matches my skin tone so well), pearls, as they're my birth stone, and any kind of crystal or stone.

No. Shower, and sleep in my jewelry. I'll maybe put on a different necklace, but these are my staples.

None, really. I'm a sucker for old, quality stuff that can last several generations.

Probably my bracelet.

No. I feel naked if I do.

I try to wear only golds if I can, but that's where the matching stops.

I can't wear earrings, as all of it gives me terrible infections, no matter what quality it is. Awful, because with a shaved head, you basically need to wear them.

A simple danish gold watch, that my boyfriend gave me, my small pearl earrings, and sometimes a tiny golden necklace with a circle as pendant. Occasionally, if I go out, I wear small pendant earrings with a bow on it. But never anything else.

Gold and pearls. I also like this darker kind of gold with ornaments in it.

No, most days it's only my watch.

Skagen, Tiffanys

My watch, obviously :oops:

Yes

I mix and match only in the sense that I wear gold and pearls. I think gold/rose gold and silver together looks awful.

I sound quite stuffy :busted:

blue triangle necklace (silver mostly, very small turquoise triangle)
earrings (3 little dogs and an & symbol, plus cartilage)
nose stud
eyebrow bar
nipple piercing (haha)
yellow watch

Silver or stainless steel. i don't like it when gold and silver clash, and most of my piercings are stainless steel, so I usually wear silver jewelry.

I change my rings around every day. Most were given to me by my mother, so they're very nice and high quality etc etc.

hm...I'm not sure. I usually don't shop for jewelry by brand.

Your favourite jewelry?
Nipple piercing! :lol:
No, realistically this beautiful ring I have that looks like a stacked set of silver twigs. My description doesn't do it justice. It's very delicate and elegant!

Either that or my triangle necklace.

Not really, since I don't ever take out a lot of my piercings.

I don't wear gold and silver, otherwise I suppose I mix and match a bit. I definitely wear different kinds of stones, though I have a lot of turquoise.

In just one pic, all the jewellery I wear when I wear any. I wear it mostly if I'm going to be out more than an hour, otherwise I pass, I don't like having things on me very much even when I really love my necklace and earrings.
joyitas.jpg

And yes... I have a cat.

Earrings, necklace, bracelet

White gold, gold-plated, anything that isn't cheap or easily rusts.

Yep!

Honestly? Betsey Johnson. Her designs are incredibly unique.

My Pinktina bracelet.

No.

Mix and match. Betsey Johnson's jewelry is a lot of fun to do this with.

Diamond stud earrings - 2 in each ear
Rook piercing in my left ear
Tragus piercing in my right
Black opal pendant necklace

I'm not really a gold person, I think it makes my skin tone look sallow so I do a lot of silver/white gold.
My favorite stones are garnets, opals, and sapphires. I do like diamonds as accents around certain pieces but they're not something I'd consider necessary.
I'm very into minimalist designs and I'm very much into Art-Deco and Victorian era pieces

Nope, I don't have time for that.

Ah, I don't have a favorite? I prefer to find independent jewelers at markets or online (like on etsy).

My black opal pendent.

I can, I just don't. If I do, I end up forgetting and freaking out that I've lost my earrings

Mix and match. I don't think I even own a jewelry "set". It's more fun when the pieces are each unique but relate to each other in one way, like two garnet pieces in different style silver settings for example.

4 studs (one for each ear piercing)
Gemstone bracelets which represent stones that I feel I need that day (e.g. for protection, courage etc)

Spiritual Stones
Gold or silver metal

I have my typical day to day but if I go out it'll swap

Since a lot of my jewellery is spiritually based they come from small independent sellers

My stud earrings and my spiritual bracelets

Yes but no. I don't need it fashion wise but need it for my piercings to stay pierced

I won't mix gold with silver but I'll mix my gemstone bracelets with either silver or gold rings/earrings

I've always felt a bit out of my element with jewelry, but I've developed a fun pattern of buying one statement piece of jewelry for each trip I take.

Otherwise, I've picked up a few unobtrusive pendants I wear for when I feel like putting in a little more effort. They seem a bit childish to me but I think I can wear them for a few more years (my favourite at the moment is a small silver wishbone)

band, watch.

rose gold
quartz
pearls

only thing that changes is if I add earrings or a necklace

H.Stern and just anything that strikes me as interesting.

Your favourite jewelry?
The kind I receive as a gift or that have a story behind purchase.

Yes.

No. Less is more.