What do you think about this agency?

Lolita

Banned
Banned
Mar 21, 2013
Netherlands
Since I'm not even 17 and a half, I was hoping that I still had chances to grow taller (I'm 167/168cm, which is 5'6), and grow maybe 2 inches or so (I know I'm delusional, but who knows?)

Anyway, I did realize that I'm never gonna grow any taller, and that I wouldn't be able to be a model anyway.
Out of curiosity, I looked up agencies in my area, and this one came up, which seemed pretty legit: http://www.zooxzygirls.com/

They have hospitality and fashion divisions. I looked up the stats of the 'fashion' models, and some of there are even 165cm!! (5'5)
What is that about? Does that mean I could apply too? (once I get to my UGW and everything?)

And they're not even part of the hospitality division!?

I do realize that it is a small agency, but still, and the stats of the girls are quite... big (for the 5'5 girl I was talking about, a 24.5 inch waist)

Anyway, what do you think of this? Is it worthless to even try? (still considering, once I reach my UGW, which is 99 pounds at 5'6?)

I'm not an expert, but why exactly do you want to be a model? I would understand if you had the right stats (especially height-wise, since it's easier to lose weight than to grow taller), but at 168, you won't be able to get into a good agency, and being at a shitty one just for the sake of it is a waste of time. You won't be able to book Vogue shoots or walk the catwalks, and you won't be paid well (if you will be paid at all), so what's the point? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to understand why you would like to be at a shitty agency which has girls who, as you said, have 24.5 inch waists (not to mention that practically all the girls on their website don't even have a right face for modeling, to put it mildly).
Not all of us can be models, and that's ok. it's better to concentrate on things you're really good at, instead of trying to achieve something that you are just not cut out for.

Reactions: 1 user
I am by no means an industry insider, so I'll let them chime in with a reality check, but this is really well-said:

Not all of us can be models, and that's ok. it's better to concentrate on things you're really good at, instead of trying to achieve something that you are just not cut out for.

You cannot change your height. You can modify almost everything else about yourself, but if you're just not tall enough, you're not going to be suitable for the prestigous, big, or even the bread and butter stuff. If you're okay with doing whatever small, potentially unpaid work you can get, then you should go for it, but at the same time, realize that that is what you're likely in for.

I'm not an expert, but why exactly do you want to be a model? I would understand if you had the right stats (especially height-wise, since it's easier to lose weight than to grow taller), but at 168, you won't be able to get into a good agency, and being at a shitty one just for the sake of it is a waste of time. You won't be able to book Vogue shoots or walk the catwalks, and you won't be paid well (if you will be paid at all), so what's the point? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to understand why you would like to be at a shitty agency which has girls who, as you said, have 24.5 inch waists (not to mention that practically all the girls on their website don't even have a right face for modeling, to put it mildly).

No no you're not mean at all don't worry! And I do understand where you're coming from.

I knew already that I wasn't suited for modelling (well aware that I am too short :lol:) but this just made me curious.

I didn't really consider it though, it was just a thought, but maybe as a part-time job (nothing big, I know) to save up money for a road trip I want to do next summer.

Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway ;)

Before I was signed, I thought the "models are really tall" thing was perhaps "inflated."

I was wrong--mostly. Are you familiar with a box and whisker plot? The modeling world has short mother fucking whiskers. I am the SHORTEST girl at my agency. I am nearly always the shortest at castings. Group shoots are very stressful as I have to really manipulate my angles to look the same height as my 5'11" counter parts. That being said, girls lie about their height--a lot. But the AVERAGE is still 5'10"--for every shortie like me, there are even more girls whom are 6'1" and 6'2" rounding down. Not to be mean, but unless your face is very, very symmetrical (for beauty campaigns), you have an incredible personallity (for commercial work), and PERFECT proportions--actually no--5'5"!?--STFU. :smash:

Reactions: 1 user
In well known agencies from my country, there's a "commercial" division and high fashion division. Commercial girls are 5'5" to 5'8", obviously their measurements are lower than high fashion girls. As in: shorter girls have smaller hips than taller girls, but not in proportion to the taller frames. Commercial girls can be a bit bigger. Their work is focused on editorials, catalogues, advertising (both film and print). Here, there is a very thin line between advertisement models and actors. Actually, scratch that. Most young roles in tv ads are filled in by models. That is the main reason for the commercial division to exist. I think in the States, the tv ad roles are mostly given to actresses, not models.

If it's something you really want to do, try to get into commercial or acting work. Perhaps that would work out. Fashion model though? Yeah.. don't hold your breath. Sorry.

Before I was signed, I thought the "models are really tall" thing was perhaps "inflated."

I was wrong--mostly. Are you familiar with a box and whisker plot? The modeling world has short mother fucking whiskers. I am the SHORTEST girl at my agency. I am nearly always the shortest at castings. Group shoots are very stressful as I have to really manipulate my angles to look the same height as my 5'11" counter parts. That being said, girls lie about their height--a lot. But the AVERAGE is still 5'10"--for every shortie like me, there are even more girls whom are 6'1" and 6'2" rounding down. Not to be mean, but unless your face is very, very symmetrical (for beauty campaigns), you have an incredible personallity (for commercial work), and PERFECT proportions--actually no--5'5"!?--STFU. :smash:

Yes, I did realize it (and I've perused enough fashion forum to know that), but the stats of their models were just left me wondering...

Thanks anyway :highfive:s

NB: I'm 5'6 though (not that it make any difference)

^ This.

I’ve been looking for a thread like this and didn’t want to start a whole new one so hopefully reviving this old one is okay. I recently got an email from click models nyc. (I don’t even think I’ve submitted or maybe I did ages ago). I want to know if anyone knows if they’re worth it. I kind of gave up on pursuing modeling so I don’t even know if I should even bother if they suck.

Reactions: 2 users