What do agencies say when a model noticeably gains?

E

Eccaia

Say, I a model went from Vlada's size to Palvin's size, what would an agency do or say? Just wondering. :)

Say, I a model went from Vlada's size to Palvin's size, what would an agency do or say? Just wondering. :)

I see that nobody replied! I'll be first..

IMO it REALLY depends.. on WHO you are, the relationship you have with your agency, and the circumstances. I'll tag others to the thread :kiss:

IMO it REALLY depends.. on WHO you are, the relationship you have with your agency, and the circumstances. I'll tag others to the thread :kiss:

^ Agreed! :)

I've seen bookers give girls a time frame in which to lose it (ie quickly). I've seen girls told to leave.

Everyone is replaceable. There are a thousand girls ready to take your place.

Reactions: 1 user
^ specially when thousands of other girls are willing to do ANYTHING to be a model, it's a very tough industry and if you're not cut out for it, they'll just find another one, it's not like designers are going to go through all the trouble to make bigger clothing just for one model you know?

well, my friend used to model (this was about 2 years ago) and she gained weight since she wasnt really booking jobs and her agent/booker person said to try and lose 5 pounds (she would need to have lost 10 honestly to be model size again) but healthily. :rolleyes:

Well, it doesn't happen over night, does it? So I think the agency will intervene as soon as it starts to show. And if it influences her career negatively and she doesn't change anything about it I don't see why they should keep her around. Like Agytha said, there are thousands eagerly waiting for your job!

I'm nowhere near fashion industry (except when shopping ;) ), but it is a job like any other. If you meet the requirements, you are working. If not, you are out of the door.

Unfair? Well, let's consider university lecturers - professors. They must have PhD of course, but they also have required number of papers, articles for scientific journals, research, projects, etc. Professional athlete cannot compete (at least at his/her level) if his/her results are not "in the league". Sure, they can drop one (or more) levels - just as the models can. For instance, former HF model who gained weight may still do catalogs, just as former Olympic winner may compete at regional level tops if, for some reason, his/her performance drops.

It is hard to reach the top, but it is even harder to stay there - regardless of profession.

Thank you for answering :) I'd always wondered.

I've seen bookers give girls a time frame in which to lose it (ie quickly). I've seen girls told to leave.

Everyone is replaceable. There are a thousand girls ready to take your place.

^ specially when thousands of other girls are willing to do ANYTHING to be a model, it's a very tough industry and if you're not cut out for it, they'll just find another one, it's not like designers are going to go through all the trouble to make bigger clothing just for one model you know?

Well, it doesn't happen over night, does it? So I think the agency will intervene as soon as it starts to show. And if it influences her career negatively and she doesn't change anything about it I don't see why they should keep her around. Like Agytha said, there are thousands eagerly waiting for your job!

I'm nowhere near fashion industry (except when shopping ;) ), but it is a job like any other. If you meet the requirements, you are working. If not, you are out of the door.

All of this!

You gurls are so smart. I can't add a thing. :highfive: :flower:

if they have a good relationship with the bookers, just a kick in the butt to get back on track.

if not...youre out.