What are you wearing this winter? Partywear?

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
I am in desperate need of some winter wardrobe inspiration, I've been wearing the same things as my previous years, basically all black. I feel like I haven't really been following fashion these days and nothing has really stood out for me. Anyone else feeling like this?

What are you wearing these days? What's on your wishlist?
- shoes?
- outfits?
- coats?

Also what are you evening/partywear looks or outfits? I've already had one festive evening and just wore a classic lbd.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
My outfits are mostly minimal, not too feminine, and black (brown/grey/green if I feel extra)

Usually go for:
- silk slip dress in whatever color/length (no lace)
- long grandmas fur coat in chocolate brown or foot length masculine coat (I’ll make it tailored next week cause I’m too tall and can’t find any :cool:)
-boots/heels
Big Jewellery and red lips/smokey eye do the rest

It’s also perfect as outside is freezing and inside is usually warm

Tailored pants
Mules
See through vintage shirts (I’ve loads:p)

I basically mix investment pieces with fast fashion. I know FF is awful, but I only buy things I know are going to last me forever. Its three years I wear the same Zara turtleneck.

Bottom line: I stay minimal with clothes and finish with accessories.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
As soon as it gets to wintertime, I lose the will to experiment - so, I definitely relate.
I got dressed to go out the other night and then realised it was just a version of the uniform I wear every day (black high neck or v-neck sweater, made from merino or cashmere, and black jeans), but with some gold jewellery and heels.

Personally I prefer not to wear makeup, but sometimes I'll put some lipstick on. I used to do Edie/Egyptian style eye makeup but these days I don't bother very often.
For myself, I don't suit trends in cuts, but I experiment with fabrics, and sometimes colours. I'm short and my limbs are long, so I find that an elegant silhouette is the best way to go.

For this winter, and all the time, lets not lie, my personal style is inspired by the fact I really love the 'contemporary' twist on the 'power' silhouette, a la Tom Ford SS19 or this particular look from Chanel's Métiers D'Art '18:
metiers-dart-collection-chanel-the-metropolitan-museum-of-art_dezeen_2364_col_3.jpg

Depending on how gaudy you like things, of course, I'd probably keep away from airbrushing your legs gold... :lol: And of course, my first love style-wise:

YSL's Le Smoking! Which can be transformed in so many ways. I just love classic, sharp/sleek, understated sex appeal and clean, long lines.
It just spells passion, to me. The look also compliments v-necks or a casually unbuttoned shirt which show off nice xylos, and those can easily be protected by a silk scarf. :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
My outfits are mostly minimal, not too feminine, and black (brown/grey/green if I feel extra)

Usually go for:
- silk slip dress in whatever color/length (no lace)
- long grandmas fur coat in chocolate brown or foot length masculine coat (I’ll make it tailored next week cause I’m too tall and can’t find any :cool:)
-boots/heels
Big Jewellery and red lips/smokey eye do the rest

It’s also perfect as outside is freezing and inside is usually warm

The silk slip dress outfit sounds so nice but I can't ever imagine wearing that , even for evening out/party the venues are often cold (or at least cold for me). Do oh have any photos or even inspo photos? Love to see this styled ad hopefully recreate something similar when I know I won't be too cold.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Love a good silk slip with a turtleneck underneath, layered necklaces and a long wool coat, thigh high black boots A. Wang has great options, or a knitted skirt with a slouchy turtleneck, snakeskin boots.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My go-to party wear is a button up mini skirt to show my legs in black tights. Sweater crop tops are cute and work with the outfit, but when it's not too cold, I love a simple black mesh top with a bralette underneath. Layered with a scarf or a deinty necklace and a pair of statement earrings I'm all set. I also have a (faux-)fur hat to got with my long black parka jacket for cigarette breaks and possible bar-hopping in the cold on a party night.

I've also been so grateful that a few months ago I copped myself a pair of heeled chelsea boots that are padded inside :luvluv: Therefore this winter I won't be that cold...

I live in NYC as a preface to this, so condition wise I can run into having to walk in poor weather conditions, packed clubs, and very late long nights.

For shoes it is typically open toe Louboutin stilettos, once they're broken in they are extremely comfortable and durable, well worth the money especially if you can get them on sale which you actually can do in some cities at this time of year at department stores like Bergdorf or Barneys. Flat sandals are also an option if I know there will be a lot of walking. For boots, my go to is a pair of heeled Uggs with exposed fur (surprisingly non-ugg looking but comfortable and warm). I do have a pair of Pajar fur boots I'll also wear as well but they're extremely warm so this tends to be on very cold nights. Unless I know I'll be having to walk and it is messy outside I go with the heeled boots/sandals in summer (otherwise I wear stilettos).

For clothing I have a Canada Goose that I wear that fits the leather jacket underneath that I can check and still have something to cover my arms as usually my top is sleeveless. I'll pair this with leather leggings and a cute top with a leather or suede jacket. I always run into the issue of clubs either being 110 degrees or 50 (hence the leather jacket or some sort of jacket even in the summer, good to store a phone and small items in the pockets as well if you don't want to carry a bag). I'll just wear a dress if I know I won't be walking and if the weather is okay, but whenever you dress in anything compromising in terms of comfort it's a gamble...

Bag wise I usually bring a medium sized bag as well to store a spare work dress if I'm going out on a work night (in case I end up at an after as per usual lol), sandals, and a phone charger - this can be difficult if you're going to a packed club but personally I prefer to go places where I have a spot to sit and somewhere to put down my bag, I've gotten a bit more picky the more time I've spent in the city. Also sometimes it is just worth knowing you're prepared. I don't really like to get too messed up when I go out so (usually) I can keep track of my things pretty well.

My packing list to go to a really cold place in a few days:

- Thick / fleece-lined tights (warmest ones are Wolford) and thick socks to be worn with everything
- Brown knee-high Isabel Marant boots and black Alexander Wang ankle boots. I also wear sneakers when walking during the day but tend to get really cold/sore ankles and don’t know what to do about this??
- Midi/maxi dresses and silk skirts
- Wide/straight leg pants (wool is good!)
- About 4 layers of knits, mostly cashmere & the thinnest ones worn underneath. Short sleeve knitted or thicker tops are nice to wear with pants once you’ve taken off your other layers inside a restaurant
- IRO shearling jacket (Acne have the best ones), basic navy wool coat from Zara and Moncler puffer jacket
- Gloves, scarves, beanies & the biggest sunglasses I own.
Wear all this and you’ll probably still be cold :cry:

The best brands are usually Isabel Marant, IRO, APC, Maje, Sandro, Ganni, Acne, Celine, Zara, Theory, Rag & Bone, Equipment, Alexander Wang, Philip Lim, Helmut Lang.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Made a collection of winter eveningwear photos/ideas to keep warm: https://imgur.com/a/2e1CWHP Obviously with some you’ll need to add a coat.
(You can message me for brand details on most of these)
I really want to encourage others to post their inspiration pics, we need more fashion content!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Not proud of my triple posting but Christopher Esber makes these “deconstruct” dresses - you can remove arms/midsection/make it strapless if it gets hot indoors.
img%5D

img%5D

Reactions: 1 users
I am in love with the 80’s now - all the Anthony Vaccarello look: shoulder pads, puffy sleeved jackets and dresses, leather pants with white shirt, balloon sleeved jackets, denim skirts. Certainly, good fabrics never go out of style so I prefer silk shirts and cashmere sweaters.