Weight Loss Calculator

K

Katie

I hope this hasn't been posted before. I find it so motivating that I had to share it. I don't know, it's somehow different from the other calculators I found. :p

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

I calculate it every time I'm tempted to go over my calorie goal. It really gets me back into the mentality that I just have to wait and will reach my GW if I simply stick to the plan.

Reactions: 1 users
It is quite motivating to know that the 22/10/1013, I will weight 1kgr :p

It is quite motivating to know that the 22/10/1013, I will weight 1kgr :p

Well on 02/03/2015 I'm gonna weigh -17.33kg, and everyone who approaches will be sucked inside the black hole that is my body and become weightless themselves!!! Only downside, you die instantaneously.

But don't worry people - I probably won't take it that far.

Reactions: 1 user
Well on 02/03/2015 I'm gonna weigh -17.33kg, and everyone who approaches will be sucked inside the black hole that is my body and become weightless themselves!!! Only downside, you die instantaneously.

But don't worry people - I probably won't take it that far.

Why? You'll revolutionize the definition of 'sucking it in' :sneaky:

Reactions: 1 users
i always used it and i always put 0 calories per day to see how much i could lose if i fast,

that's awesome, thanks for posting.
i put "moderately active, 3-5 days a week" (while i plan to work out daily for the next month at least) and 1200 cals a day, which sounds quite reasonable to me.
according to the calculator, i'll reach my goal in mid april. :highfive:
really motivating!

Just a word of caution, those calculators get more and more inaccurate the lower in weight you are. Once you start getting down to a low body fat percentage you don't lose as quickly as they would suggest. I do find them to be quite accurate at a mid-range weight though.

Mine said I'd reach the lowest weight I'm willing to go by April 23rd of this year. However, I also know my body will not work like this, so I think I'll stick with my more reasonable goal of "every week averages less than the previous week" instead until I feel happy.

Oh how I wish this thing was accurate for me. Apparently I'll be at my goal weight in two weeks!

Nope. :cry:

Oh well, I just keep reminding myself this is a life-long process, not a diet with an end date.

Just a word of caution, those calculators get more and more inaccurate the lower in weight you are. Once you start getting down to a low body fat percentage you don't lose as quickly as they would suggest. I do find them to be quite accurate at a mid-range weight though.

How inaccurate would you say it becomes? I'm still in the mid-range for sure, but it might be valuable information to remember as I keep losing.

Thank you for posting this! Found it months ago then forgot about it... Apparently I'm going to reach my goal weight on the 8th May (which is my mum's birthday so I shall promptly balloon back up with the amount of baked goods she'll offer me :))

I will be zero pounds in less than a year! :p I wish my weight fell so evenly..

How inaccurate would you say it becomes? I'm still in the mid-range for sure, but it might be valuable information to remember as I keep losing.

Like... very much so. I would say, depending where you are in your weight loss, 30-80% inaccurate (with regards to difference between the suggested rate you're losing at versus the rate you're actually losing at) as you get to low bodyfat since it assumes weight loss is linear (like the dotted line) when really it's exponential (solid line). You lose weight very quickly if you're very overweight, but this progressively slows down as you approach your set point. It assumes you keep losing at the same rate but that's impossible, since your weight loss must naturally slow down the less muslce and fat you have, and as you approach closer and closer to pure bone (which you're not going to lose much of). It can get extremely inaccurate to the point of 100%; for example, see @WhisperThin's post above. After 1 year she'll weight 0 pounds, lulz.

1-s2.0-S1388245712002325-gr2.jpg

Factors like frame size, muscle and fat disribution also play a huge role that's not considered: if person a and person b weight the same and have the same frame size, but person A has a larger ratio of muscle-to-fat, they will lose at a faster rate since muscle cells metabolize more than fat cells. If person a and person b weigh the same, have the same muscle to fat ratio, but person a has a larger frame, they will lose at a slow rate than person b, because they have less fat/protein mass versus bone mass, and therefore less "loseable" weight overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like... very much so. I would say, depending where you are in your weight loss, 30-80% inaccurate (with regards to difference between the suggested rate you're losing at versus the rate you're actually losing at) as you get to low bodyfat since it assumes weight loss is linear (like the dotted line) when really it's exponential (solid line). You lose weight very quickly if you're very overweight, but this progressively slows down as you approach your set point. It assumes you keep losing at the same rate but that's impossible, since your weight loss must naturally slow down the less muslce and fat you have, and as you approach closer and closer to pure bone (which you're not going to lose much of). It can get extremely inaccurate to the point of 100%; for example, see @WhisperThin's post above. After 1 year she'll weight 0 pounds, lulz.

1-s2.0-S1388245712002325-gr2.jpg

Factors like frame size, muscle and fat disribution also play a huge role that's not considered: if person a and person b weight the same and have the same frame size, but person A has a larger ratio of muscle-to-fat, they will lose at a faster rate since muscle cells metabolize more than fat cells. If person a and person b weigh the same, have the same muscle to fat ratio, but person a has a larger frame, they will lose at a slow rate than person b, because they have less fat/protein mass versus bone mass, and therefore less "loseable" weight overall.

Thank you so much for answering! I love how you always answer with a logical and scientific response, instead of going off of biased statements or opinions. This is really helpful! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great, I really like it, soooo motivational! I can reach my goal weight by my birthday if I stick between 7 and 800 calories a day! More than doable!