Weight Loss Calculator

Discussion in 'Online' started by Katie, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Katie

Katie Guest

I hope this hasn't been posted before. I find it so motivating that I had to share it. I don't know, it's somehow different from the other calculators I found. :p

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

I calculate it every time I'm tempted to go over my calorie goal. It really gets me back into the mentality that I just have to wait and will reach my GW if I simply stick to the plan.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Helen

Helen Rising Star

It is quite motivating to know that the 22/10/1013, I will weight 1kgr :p

3. SugarFree

SugarFree VIP - Insider
    VIP

I really like this :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Silent Night

Silent Night Grand Dame

Well on 02/03/2015 I'm gonna weigh -17.33kg, and everyone who approaches will be sucked inside the black hole that is my body and become weightless themselves!!! Only downside, you die instantaneously.

But don't worry people - I probably won't take it that far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Em.

Em. Guest

Why? You'll revolutionize the definition of 'sucking it in' :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  6. SkinnyDreams

SkinnyDreams Rookie

Oooo me likely! ;) saved! 07/02/2013 90lbs :hmm: let's see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ssmini

ssmini Rising Star

i always used it and i always put 0 calories per day to see how much i could lose if i fast,

8. sore

sore Super Star

that's awesome, thanks for posting.
    i put "moderately active, 3-5 days a week" (while i plan to work out daily for the next month at least) and 1200 cals a day, which sounds quite reasonable to me.
    according to the calculator, i'll reach my goal in mid april. :highfive:
    really motivating!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Allie

Allie Worker Bee

Just a word of caution, those calculators get more and more inaccurate the lower in weight you are. Once you start getting down to a low body fat percentage you don't lose as quickly as they would suggest. I do find them to be quite accurate at a mid-range weight though.

10. Skinny_Mini_Me

Skinny_Mini_Me Worker Bee

"Don't like what you see? I guess you'll have to lower your daily caloric intake or exercise more. "

:lol::lol:

Sometimes things are so simple

11. Silent Night

Silent Night Grand Dame

Skinny Gossip Pun Award right here!

12. salander

salander Guest

Mine said I'd reach the lowest weight I'm willing to go by April 23rd of this year. However, I also know my body will not work like this, so I think I'll stick with my more reasonable goal of "every week averages less than the previous week" instead until I feel happy.

13. snow white

snow white Rookie

Oh how I wish this thing was accurate for me. Apparently I'll be at my goal weight in two weeks!

Nope. :cry:

Oh well, I just keep reminding myself this is a life-long process, not a diet with an end date.

14. notacceptableyet

How inaccurate would you say it becomes? I'm still in the mid-range for sure, but it might be valuable information to remember as I keep losing.

15. Em.

Em. Guest

16. Thank you for posting this! Found it months ago then forgot about it... Apparently I'm going to reach my goal weight on the 8th May (which is my mum's birthday so I shall promptly balloon back up with the amount of baked goods she'll offer me :))

17. WhisperThin

WhisperThin Guest

I will be zero pounds in less than a year! :p I wish my weight fell so evenly..

18. Allie

Allie Worker Bee

Like... very much so. I would say, depending where you are in your weight loss, 30-80% inaccurate (with regards to difference between the suggested rate you're losing at versus the rate you're actually losing at) as you get to low bodyfat since it assumes weight loss is linear (like the dotted line) when really it's exponential (solid line). You lose weight very quickly if you're very overweight, but this progressively slows down as you approach your set point. It assumes you keep losing at the same rate but that's impossible, since your weight loss must naturally slow down the less muslce and fat you have, and as you approach closer and closer to pure bone (which you're not going to lose much of). It can get extremely inaccurate to the point of 100%; for example, see @WhisperThin's post above. After 1 year she'll weight 0 pounds, lulz.

[​IMG]

Factors like frame size, muscle and fat disribution also play a huge role that's not considered: if person a and person b weight the same and have the same frame size, but person A has a larger ratio of muscle-to-fat, they will lose at a faster rate since muscle cells metabolize more than fat cells. If person a and person b weigh the same, have the same muscle to fat ratio, but person a has a larger frame, they will lose at a slow rate than person b, because they have less fat/protein mass versus bone mass, and therefore less "loseable" weight overall.

#18 Allie, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  19. notacceptableyet

Thank you so much for answering! I love how you always answer with a logical and scientific response, instead of going off of biased statements or opinions. This is really helpful! :)

#19 notacceptableyet, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  20. doors-of-perception

doors-of-perception Worker Bee

This is great, I really like it, soooo motivational! I can reach my goal weight by my birthday if I stick between 7 and 800 calories a day! More than doable!

• Like Like x 1