Wedding Dresses (for those of us who care about them)

I love this post!! haha :grin:
I can't resist posting my dress again :luv:
9402_st_pucchi_wedding_dress_primary.jpg

9402_st_pucchi_wedding_dress_sec01.jpg

I love st pucchi gowns, all of them. In general I love gowns that have a lot going on and are especially unique or different. I tried on so many gowns and was in love the second I put this on.
Of course this also works with my venue and that is important to keep in mind.

Oh wow, it's so big and amazing haha.

Ok girls, I need your expert opinions- I have been looking at dresses and found this one and I simply must know what you all think! This is really the dress I'm dying to be skinny for...

It's gorgeous! I love the delicate look to it. Very pretty. Who's the manufacturer?

Ok girls, I need your expert opinions- I have been looking at dresses and found this one and I simply must know what you all think! This is really the dress I'm dying to be skinny for...

It's beautiful and classic, reminds me of Princess Kate's. Perfect for a traditional wedding.

I love this post!! haha :grin:
I can't resist posting my dress again :luv:
9402_st_pucchi_wedding_dress_primary.jpg

I love st pucchi gowns, all of them. In general I love gowns that have a lot going on and are especially unique or different. I tried on so many gowns and was in love the second I put this on.
Of course this also works with my venue and that is important to keep in mind.

St. Pucchi is so dramatic and fun! I tried on a few, but they ate me alive - I'm not nearly charismatic enough to pull it off.

I got married last year in a formal, church ceremony with a small family reception afterwards. Here's my mikado and crepe de chine silk dress by Junko Yoshioka:

JY-Silvana-1.jpg

JY-Silvana.jpg

I had a rather unique requirement - I have a family heirloom black lace veil from the 1860's, so I had to find something that went with the veil well.

I'd highly recommend looking on preownedweddingdresses.com . It definitely cuts down on price of the gown - especially when you fall in love with a $12,000 Oscar de la Renta like I did:
Guipure.jpg

Absolutely stunning and perfect in person, but $12,000 was a little steep. My other favorite wedding dress designers were Lela Rose, Monique L'huillier, Carolina Herrera, Claire Pettibone, Elie Saab, and Jenny Packham. I wasn't impressed with Vera Wang AT ALL. She rides on her name in my opinion - her dresses weren't nearly on the same caliber of Oscar, Monique, Elie, or Carolina's - they were poorly constructed.

My fav's had I had a different wedding:
lela_rose_barn_fshm.jpg

monique-lhuillier-fall-2011-wedding-gowns.jpg

Monique-Lhuillier-2011.jpg

claire-pettibone-wedding-dresses.jpg

I really found choosing a wedding dress disorienting, haha. But all the women who were helping me seemed to have fun putting everything on the store on me! Ultimately, I never purchased one, though - I made my own.

I'll be going with my sister for her wedding dress shopping soon, and I'm really excited - she's beautiful and will look amazing. <3

I got married last year in a formal, church ceremony with a small family reception afterwards. Here's my mikado and crepe de chine silk dress by Junko Yoshioka:

JY-Silvana-1.jpg

JY-Silvana.jpg

Your dress is PERFECT. I love modern, minimalistic wedding dresses with structural details like this. Fouffy lace dresses do nothing for me.

structured_wedding_dress.jpg

karl_lagerfeld_wedding_dress_2010.jpg

But even though I love the look of these, they would still be too much. We're doing a courthouse wedding so this is more of what I'm on the market for

dress1.jpg

67694800619037287_PJUjQqlw_b.jpg

Simple, elegant, practical.

http://www.miasolano.com/gallerydetails.asp?main_id=383&sname=&cname=BRIDAL&cat_id=27&subcat_id=0

http://www.miasolano.com/gallerydetails.asp?main_id=184&sname=&cname=BRIDAL&cat_id=27&subcat_id=0

They're about $1000, from what Pinterest tells me. Never have taken an interest in wedding gear before so don't know if that's a good designer but they look quite similar.

This hunt has made me realise I just can't abide elegant simplicity at a wedding. If anyone ever gets round to asking in the future, I'm doing it in a m-e-r-i-n-g-u-e or not at all.

Hey ladies, kind of a weird question - my sister found a dress she loved on one of those designer dress knock-off sites, but wants to find the original designer (which is of course not listed anywhere). Could anyone help me or potentially recognize it?

The link is here: http://www.600shop.net/exquisite-popular-aline-sweetheart-appliques-satin-lined-in-tulle-court-train-wedding-dress-jbpp949-p-19778.html

Nevermind, I found it - Maggie Sottero Joanna. She now has an appointment to try it on Sunday. :)

http://www.miasolano.com/gallerydetails.asp?main_id=383&sname=&cname=BRIDAL&cat_id=27&subcat_id=0

http://www.miasolano.com/gallerydetails.asp?main_id=184&sname=&cname=BRIDAL&cat_id=27&subcat_id=0

They're about $1000, from what Pinterest tells me. Never have taken an interest in wedding gear before so don't know if that's a good designer but they look quite similar.

This hunt has made me realise I just can't abide elegant simplicity at a wedding. If anyone ever gets round to asking in the future, I'm doing it in a m-e-r-i-n-g-u-e or not at all.

Those are close, I forwarded her the links, but found the original - Maggie Sottero Joanna. Thank you so much for hunting!

I did a very simple wedding and made my own dress, so now I get to live vicariously through my sister and her fluffy dresses, haha.

Those are close, I forwarded her the links, but found the original - Maggie Sottero Joanna. Thank you so much for hunting!

I did a very simple wedding and made my own dress, so now I get to live vicariously through my sister and her fluffy dresses, haha.

How did we LIVE before internet????

How did we LIVE before internet????

I really don't know. Sad thing is, I outdate the internet. So I'm not fully certain how I survived, but I remember this thing called "outside"...and it felt very big, but not as big as the internet.

I really found choosing a wedding dress disorienting, haha. But all the women who were helping me seemed to have fun putting everything on the store on me! Ultimately, I never purchased one, though - I made my own.

I'll be going with my sister for her wedding dress shopping soon, and I'm really excited - she's beautiful and will look amazing. <3

When I first started looking at dresses I was sooo overwhelmed.... and we went to Klienfeld as our first store and told them our budget was 5k, which apparently is so low they only had 3 dresses to show me.
We kept looking and putting on those gowns that I swear all weigh 50lbs, it was so exhausting.
I love that you made yours, we were going to have one custom made as well but I luckily found my dream dress. I bet dress shopping will be so much more fun when you aren't the one trying on the dresses!!

completely stunning but you don't know until you try it on. I was really surprised with what looked good on me and what didn't.

I really don't know. Sad thing is, I outdate the internet. So I'm not fully certain how I survived, but I remember this thing called "outside"...and it felt very big, but not as big as the internet.

hey, now we have outside and the internet all at once.... yay smartphones :grin:

When I first started looking at dresses I was sooo overwhelmed.... and we went to Klienfeld as our first store and told them our budget was 5k, which apparently is so low they only had 3 dresses to show me.
We kept looking and putting on those gowns that I swear all weigh 50lbs, it was so exhausting.
I love that you made yours, we were going to have one custom made as well but I luckily found my dream dress. I bet dress shopping will be so much more fun when you aren't the one trying on the dresses!!

Wow, my world is very different - I spent just over 5k on my entire wedding!

I'm really looking forward to going shopping with my sister, it's going to be really fun. :) She's super judgemental about what she wears and will make it funny to be there for. Seems like she'll be seeking a strapless, sweetheart neckline, A-line dress, which will totally offset her to-die-for collarbones, haha.

:lol:

I'm of that decrepit issue too. Once I admitted to my classmates that the internet didn't exist when I was a child and that I could remember when people didn't have computers, and they laughed and spoke together in their new young person's language that I couldn't understand.

Wow, my world is very different - I spent just over 5k on my entire wedding!

I'm really looking forward to going shopping with my sister, it's going to be really fun. :) She's super judgemental about what she wears and will make it funny to be there for. Seems like she'll be seeking a strapless, sweetheart neckline, A-line dress, which will totally offset her to-die-for collarbones, haha.

My dress cost £37, and my wedding £260. After that we had no more money :lol:

My dress cost £37, and my wedding £260. After that we had no more money :lol:

That's absolutely brilliant! I had really wanted to just elope, but my husband wanted the whole big wedding thing, so we compromised and I made him do 80% of the planning, haha. Most of our budget was getting a favorite restaurant to cater. The rest was super cheap.