Wearing skinny jeans as a motivation while not being skinny

Skinny_to_be

Rising Star
Jul 27, 2012
Europe
Perhaps you would think that it is very twisted way of finding motivation to lose weight, but I have tried it and believe me - it works! I am 5'7 and 125 pounds right now and I feel awful. A whole day of wearing skinny jeans in shame, embarassement and discomfort made me think even more that I don't want to live like this and that I am not hungry any more. What do you guys think?

Shaming yourself into motivation? It can work for some.

Regarding skinny jeans, I think they look best on skinny bodies, but I've seen chubby girls that could pull them off (important was the shape of the legs, not the weight). For example, I'm barely underweight at <18.4 and can't pull off skinny jeans due to my shape. I'll need to get more underweight for that.

I think it's a great motivator. Speaking of bias I went to try to find jeans that actually fit me at this plus size store and I was told that the "skinniest" jeans they had would be baggy one me. Now tell me this...why is there "skinny" jeans at plus stized stores? :lol: It made me feel great becuase I have been on this journey for a long time but I found it funny that the fat girl was looking at ME in disgust. I am FAR from skinny, and light years away from being SG skinny. The way people percieve skinny is so different than most of us. More than likely even though you hate the way you look most people would tell you you look great. I say whatever helps you get there.:highfive:

As long as it doesn't create a huge muffin-top you can't conceal or stop your circulation haha it's good motivation :)

well yeah, tight clothes in general make you more conscious of your body and less likely to over eat....unless you are so demoralized by your perceived 'fatness' and decide to sabotage yourself by binging.....anyway, my problem is I have a few nice pairs of skinny jeans that only fit nicely when I am 100 lbs or under, so I don't want to 'ruin' them by wearing them on my fat days:nervous:

Pfft, skinny jeans are so passé. Now it's onto leggings-pants. Now nothing motivates you more than 300 pounds squeezing into some of those. The cracks I've seen. Though to be honest, I've seen some skinny girls commit that crime too.

I have a pair of super skinny jeans my suitemate could easily slide in. I will not rest until they fit me. And I'm also eyeing my skinny sister's clothes.

I am too self-conscious to leave home in something I find unflattering. And I currently don't own a single pair of real skinny jeans, since they make my thighs/hips look ginormous - you know, the type that narrows down around the ankle. I usually wear boot-cut or flare style.

However, I always have a pair one size too small, which I try on often, or even wear at home - just to see how far am I from actually wearing them. And it doesn't have to be jeans - my current test-pants are nice trousers, which I can in fact squeeze in, but are too tight to operate normally while wearing them.

Side note: I always "admired" bigger girls, wearing skinny jeans. I used to believe that skinny cut was made only in XS/S size, perhaps lower end of M. I buy my jeans in a multi-brand store, due to their great selection of models and washes. So, going there, I saw several plus-sizers wearing skinny jeans and I asked sales lady where on Earth could they find them. Then she showed me some 10+ skinny XL models they have, explaining "I never offered you any of those since I can see that you dress tastefully and didn't want to insult you..."

I don't like those "jeggings" or "super skinny" jeans that anyone wears. If your ankles look as big as your wrists, its unflattering, on anyone.

Personally, I like the look of skinny jeans on myself but if your legs are rubbing together every time you walk, i'd suggest straight legged. You don't want everyone paying attention to your sausages.

I tried to do this but I found that being comfortable helped me more. I did by a pair of jeans though and tried them on frequently to monitor my progress :)

I would rather wear something that draws attention away from the problem area and diverting the attention to the parts of body I do like. But that's just me. However, I used to keep clothes that I wished I could wear in public to see my progress and try them in private which worked.

A whole day of wearing skinny jeans in shame, embarassement and discomfort made me think even more that I don't want to live like this and that I am not hungry any more. What do you guys think?

Oh my god!!!! That is an awful way to get through the day. I am sorry but there is no way that that type of motivation will persist as it is mentally tiring to be so intensely that self-critical . *I mean how would you want to improve your well-being if you are negative towards yourself all the time??? You have to feel empowered and have a sense of self-worth in order to motivate and expect yourself to do better.*

Also, :nervous: I hope you're not one of those people who wear uncomfortable clothes that disturb the eyes of the fellow public. That is what would be considered as an example of misery loves company.*

Nevertheless, buying smaller sized clothing is a great motivation but not in the manner where you wear it for a prolonged period. You might just get used to it at the end.

Reactions: 1 user
That is good motivation. Actually my uniform pants make me ashamed of my thighs :(

I use them as a way of keeping myself in check, as they are very unforgiving.

I am not ashamed to wear them any more, so they are not really good motivational tool for me.

How sadistic. However, skinny jeans don't do it for me... But a tight top always does the trick.

I don't own anything BUT skinny jeans. :p
But I am known to wear jeans a size too small, so the discomfort reminds me I still need to fit in them...that, and a waist cincher, though it's too big for me .__.

I love they way skinny jeans look on the right body. The shape of the leg is still important even if you are thin.

I am not one for form fitting bottoms, as I don't like the extra attention I get already for my uh, assets. And the shape of my legs (bigger thighs, muscular, wide calves) along with a more than ample butt, I don't like the way it looks on me.

I did used to wear a sort of waist cincher / spanx like wrap around my waist to discourage me from eating too much when I was first training my stomach to shrink. It worked, but I don't do it now.

I pretty much react badly to negative motivation, but I do try on too tight pants to gauge progress.

I love skinny jeans and legging-pants. I don't have a thigh gap but having hips of 34.5 inches and being small framed, its going to take serious work. I have to agree though, pants that accentuate your problem areas will definitely motivate you to work hard.

I find that wearing skinny jeans directs attention to my thighs which is a big no-no.
I try to wear tiny little shirts so I can tell myself how cute I would look with a thigh gap in them :)