Wearing heels while tall?

chanel19

Runt
May 13, 2012
I am 5'9 and love adorable heels, but some girls give me a hard time and I get so insecure. Like last week, they were not superhigh but medium, and there were these two girls who were maybe 5'4 so saying 'you do realise you look like a giraffe?' I was like '??? You wear heels all the time' she said 'well we can Cause we arent giants'. I didnt know what to sqy but it kind of got stuck in my head.. I figured out I was taller than many guys with those heels and got insecure.. Any tall girls here that wear heels that inspire me lol? :p

Well, I'm not tall, but what about all the models wearing heels? They don't look like giraffes to me. ;)

They're probably just jealous of how long your legs look in those heels ;) don't let what they say get you down. And any boys bothered or intimidated by the fact that you're taller than them will be ones you know to stay away from.

Sure, why shouldn't you wear heels if you want to?
A friend of mine is 5'10 and she wears them all the time...sure, it makes her taller than most people, but she feels comfortable in her own skin and doesn't bother what other people are thinking. :)

I'm 5'8 and rock 7 inch heels all the time. Instead of hunching over looking like an awkward giraffe, act like you own it. Have some confidence! It's all about your stance/posture/attitude!

I think tall girls should wear whatever damned shoes they want! Why should you change? Tall girls look amazing and tall girls in heels look double amazing.

I think you should do what you want - it's others with a problem not you.

In saying that, the opinion most girls seem to have is that if you are a
skinny tall girl wearing heels: "is she a model? she must be omg"
average weight tall girl wearing heels: "wow she's reaaaally tall"
chubby tall girl wearing heels: "woaah a giant"

Reactions: 1 user
I am 5'9 and love adorable heels, but some girls give me a hard time and I get so insecure. Like last week, they were not superhigh but medium, and there were these two girls who were maybe 5'4 so saying 'you do realise you look like a giraffe?' I was like '??? You wear heels all the time' she said 'well we can Cause we arent giants'. I didnt know what to sqy but it kind of got stuck in my head.. I figured out I was taller than many guys with those heels and got insecure.. Any tall girls here that wear heels that inspire me lol? :p

There comments reeks of jealousy and insecurity :rolleyes: You should rock your heels and look fabulous :cool: anytime you want and especially near them :sneaky:

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your kind words and giving me some hope, haha! Maybe I'll wait until i'm skinny to wear them :)

I'm 5ft9.5 and I wear 7-8" heels all the time, and I never go anywhere in shoes shorter than 4". When I hear huge heels I get dirty looks from girls all the time. Because they're staring at my legs.;) A) They know if they tried to wear my shoes they'd break their necks and B) My legs look far better than their fat short pudgy legs do in their boring flat shoes!:p

i'm 5'5 and when i see tall girls wearing heels the only thing i am is seriously jealous. so don't listen to bitches like that ;)

as a short person i can say that they are definitely jealous of you! they probably feel even shorter than they are when they see you :)
you should'nt feel the least uncomfortable, let other people (man or woman) deal with their insecurities. i think tall girls in high heels rock! ;)

You got it = Flaunt it
No use trying to please others, and not doing/wearing what you want.

I love it when really tall girls wear heels - like when they're 6ft. It's so cool. I like to wear them but only when I'm around other girls who are otherwise I lose confidence because I'm being starred at.

I'm 5'11 and I wear 5 inch heels all the time, when I was younger I had an issue with my height and never wore heels but as I've grown older and more confident the heels got higher :) It's just jealousy, they know they can never look like you no matter how hard they try so they have to try to pull you down. Enjoy your heels, stand up straight and embrace your height-imagine how graceful you must look gliding along! x

definitely wear heels!! I'm not tall (5 5) but I absolutely love the look of tall girls wearing heels. You'll look so ethereal.

i'm 5'9" and I wear high heels all the time, even though it makes me taller than my husband. I love being tall. I also think the other girls are envious of your height.

Darling don´t let them get you down because you´re taller then they are! I´m also 5'9" and of course I wear heels when I like. And I get nasty looks and comments as well of course and some women have written HATE in their faces when they look at your legs. Its a pity that certain women always have to act like that, but well..just ignore it. Its not worth it to worry about. In the past I was also insecure about it, but these days I don´t care anymore. I like the way I look in heels and I think all tall girls should wear them if they like :)