Wearing heels while tall?

At the weekend I was walking around in heels and it happened that I stumbled a bit over a branch that was lying on the street. Luckily after more than 10 years practice of walking in high heels it wasn´t a big thing, I know how to stay on my feet usually. But guess what? Behind me on a wall sat 3 chicks (its somehow needless to say that they were small and chubby) and one said to the other "Oh I wish she would´ve fallen down". I turned around and gave them my biggest smile :lol: I know why I´m usually always listening to music.

Though some ladies out there are really mean in those moments I´m just happy that I am not like that and hopefully have better karma :lol:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm nearly 5'11 and I still wear heels if I'm having a night out on the town. It's a great pick-up technique, it delivers your boobs right to eye-level guaranteeing at least a few drinks ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm 5'7" and the only people who've ever been pissy about me wearing heels are guys I've been dating/seeing who are a similar height to me. Apparently it's "emasculating" to be seen with a girl who's taller than you (even if she's wearing 4" heels!!). Pathetic, really!

I can actually understand... If I was boy, and the girl I was dating was taller than me, I wouldn't feel like ''the man'' anymore.

I can actually understand... If I was boy, and the girl I was dating was taller than me, I wouldn't feel like ''the man'' anymore.

I tend to agree. I also am not really attracted to men shorter or younger than me - I guess subconsciously it makes them seem less masculine to me.

I think that this is especially true if you are normal weight/fat and tall. If you are skinny, you can look delicate and it is better.

Yes that's true, but it's very hard to pull off. The taller you are, the skinnier you have to be to counterbalance your height.
But at karlie kloss' height for instance (6'1) , no matter how thin you are, you're too tall to pull off the ''delicate and frail'' look.

Of course it's better than being 6'1 and disgustingly fat, then you'd look like some horrible monster.. :p

I'm 5'11" and wear 3-4 inch heels more often than not to work. I enjoy being taller than my coworkers. I think it takes confidence to pull it off, and in the workplace confidence=success. I have an attention commanding presence, if I do say so myself. :). I don't wear heels too much in my off time, as I tend to be a little more casual when I'm not working. I agree with the sentiment that anyone who is against tall women wearing heels is jealous or insecure.

Do it up ladies. As a shorter girl with a tall sister, I can admit that they look so good. Long legs accentuated with heels is super beautiful. So don't let anyone tell you that you are too tall.

My drunk friend once said that he loves tall men because its like climbing a sexy mountain. Goofy, but I'm sure you understand what he meant. It's gorgeous and men love it. They just don't like being short because women idolize men who are taller than themselves. Wearing a pair of great heels to accent your legs is perfectly fine by myself and every man who seems to ogle you.

Dancing/At Dances: wear regular shoes/nice flats, or take off your heels when you are there - its easier to dance, and guys don't want girls that are taller than them.

Work/Social Events: wear them! If you are skinny and tall, everyone's just going to look at and envy you ;)

I'm 5'9 (175cm), and all of my heels are really high, around 15cm, so when I'm in heels, there's nobody taller than me, but that doesn't stop me from wearing them from time to time, when I'm with my as-tall-as-me friends, and we just want to have a girls night out, then I'm all for high heels and even higher confidence level, because they really boost your attitude, and ofcourse, they make my legs as long as the eiffel tower :)

I'm 5'9 (175cm), and all of my heels are really high, around 15cm, so when I'm in heels, there's nobody taller than me, but that doesn't stop me from wearing them from time to time, when I'm with my as-tall-as-me friends, and we just want to have a girls night out, then I'm all for high heels and even higher confidence level, because they really boost your attitude, and ofcourse, they make my legs as long as the eiffel tower :)

I love this.:luv: ^

If I was tall if anything my heals would probably be higher than they already are.

btw there is nothing sexier than a tall girl just owning her height ;)

@FutureFullOfBones, thank you so much :)
No matter what my height is, high heels make me walk better, look better and feel better, so why should I deny that to myself just because I'd be taller than most of the guys?! And still, I'm not searching for a midget, I'm searching for a tall, handsome guy with whom I could own the place. That's just my philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
All this tall-girl confidence surrounding heels is awesome! :) I've been a heel-lover since I was probably 9 or 10. I didn't start to become taller than the other girls until about 8th grade, but by then I loved heels too much to stop wearing them just because they drew a little attention. I'm 5'10 now, and regularly wear heels that are at least 4 inches. Boots, sandals, flip-flops . . . if they have a heel, I'll wear them.

I'll wear them to the market, while I'm out and about, to Walmart (I love the looks that I get, haha) - and usually wear shorts with them as long as the weather permits. ;) I used to feel a tad bit awkward, but then I started recently thinking: "Screw it, I'm tall, I might as well look taller." They say that you should accentuate and highlight your best/most-unique features . . .

@FutureFullOfBonesAnd still, I'm not searching for a midget, I'm searching for a tall, handsome guy with whom I could own the place. That's just my philosophy.

THIS. My thinking, exactly. If heels make you confident, but don't wear them because you don't want to wear them around a guy and make him look short because it's uncomfortable for him . . . well, maybe he's not the right guy.

THIS. My thinking, exactly. If heels make you confident, but don't wear them because you don't want to wear them around a guy and make him look short because it's uncomfortable for him . . . well, maybe he's not the right guy.

I once had a guy get annoyed with me because I wore heels to a date. We were the same height, so it made me taller than him.

Personally, I love tall girls in heels. I once saw a girl in Russia who must have been close to 2 meters tall, and she was working those heels. It looked awesome!

There is nothing more intimidating to me than a tall woman wearing heels, they look so hot, and confident. It makes me feel insecure about myself, ha-ha! Seriously though, tall girls who have the guts to strap on some high heels are awesome. I don't know why any guy would get annoyed with a tall, sexy woman who wears high heels, like wtf, don't ever be with a douche bag like that.

I really want to post my friend's instagram but I can't obviously. Anyway, he's maximum 5'6 and he is friends with lots of tall women and he has no shame about it. In pictures he is smiling and laughing and acting normally.
He doesn't try and hide his height or select pictures of him sitting down.

Needless to say, he is very popular among the ladies because of his confidence. His past 2 girlfriends were 5'10 (and stunning).

So this thread is old ... but I'm going to comment anyway! I'm 5'10" and I love wearing (comfy) 4 inch heels to work (I'm a school teacher). It kind of makes me feel all powerful when I'm a good foot taller than most of my students, so they always have to look up at me :sneaky: I also like wearing them out, because it means that if a guy is taller than me when I'm wearing my heels, I'll be able to wear them around him and still be the short one, which is a nice change sometimes.