Wearing heels while tall?

I wish people would give me a break with their criticism. I can't really walk in heels because I'm tall and rarely want to stand out that much. But I can never learn to walk in them if I never do (and I really want to nowadays). Once I heard some girls saying 'well I buy only shoes I can walk in' behind my back. OH SORRY you b******. I didn't have to wear 7 inch heels since my birth because I'm like 4 ft tall V__V

:nopity:

Wear them! I'm 5'9'' and after feeling awkward around all of my average to short friends i've finally embraced being taller, infact it's one of my favourite things about me :)

Seriously, being tall is not a bad thing at all, so flaunt it. It makes you stand out, in a good way!

I think you should do what you want - it's others with a problem not you.

In saying that, the opinion most girls seem to have is that if you are a
skinny tall girl wearing heels: "is she a model? she must be omg"
average weight tall girl wearing heels: "wow she's reaaaally tall"
chubby tall girl wearing heels: "woaah a giant"

You absolutely hit the nail on the head, I have a friend who is 186 cm (6'10) and she is really chubby... she kind of looks like a giant in heels. In high school I had another friend who was 183 but only between 50 kg and 58 (fluctuating between winter and summer) and she looked stunning like a model.

I love my heels!!! Being 5'9 I embrace my tallness. If people have an issue with my height I'll usually tell them they should have drank their milk and maybe they could have been tall like me lol

I know that this is an older thread, but this is a topic close to my heart.
Living in Britain, there are a lot of short women (average around 5'4 I think), and men also (average 5'9.......).
I am 5'11 and wear heels every day apart from being in the lab (I take flats with me and change at uni/work. No point in looking like a chemist from afar!)
People stare at me like I'm bonkers. Girls even point fingers. But I just take all of that as compliments. I'm not as thin as I want to be yet, but I stride with confidence and sure turn some heads.
The girls that point or giving me a hard time are usually the ones with the boyfriends that can't stop looking at me... ;)
So wear whatever you want, 99% of people are just jealous of how amazing, tall and skinny you look :)

I'd rather look like a giraffe then belittle people and make them feel bad like those bitches.

I'm 5"9 and so are we of my friends we all wore heels on a night out and these boys made a reference about Land of the Giants and asked to take a photo with us. He obviously wished he was as tall as us haha. I'd never dream of calling some random boy short and ask to take a photo! Hideous.

Umm...yes! I'm 5'9 and I don't consider a heel to be a heel unless it's 4+ inches. My fiancé is 5'11 so I tower over him when I wear heels but I grew up with my mother telling me never to be ashamed of my height- plus he says it makes him feel like he's with a model :luv:

Totally agreed! I'm 5'9 too and love to wear heels, or let's say at least not totally flat shoes also during the day, and I don't see a reason why I shouldn't just because I'm tall anyways. The only problem there is, that with heels I am pretty tall, and that's sometimes a problem for guys, if they are smaller then...and for me too, btw. Because that's one of my requirements: he has to be taller than me ! ;)

I'm 5'8", which is not really that tall but for some people I'm a giant. I have a lot of friends who are 5'4", but they just smile whenever I'm wearing heels, complimenting me on my shoe choices. They might make jokes like whoah is it cold up there? But it's all in good fun, so I don't mind.

And I really don't care what anyone who isn't my friend says XD

I agree with everyone else! I'm 5'10" and I wear 4-5 inch heels when I go out. At first, I was sort of uncomfortable by all the stares I got, but I soon realized the attention kind of secretly feels nice :oops: and I love being taller than other people, especially guys, it just sort of makes you feel powerful! haha. I used to get rude comments from girls who were way shorter than me, but I ignore them because I think its really their insecurity/jealousy!

I agree with everyone else! I'm 5'10" and I wear 4-5 inch heels when I go out. At first, I was sort of uncomfortable by all the stares I got, but I soon realized the attention kind of secretly feels nice :oops: and I love being taller than other people, especially guys, it just sort of makes you feel powerful! haha. I used to get rude comments from girls who were way shorter than me, but I ignore them because I think its really their insecurity/jealousy!

right,that is why!! :)

This is actually something i battle with myself all the time.. None of my friends are taller than 5'3 MAYBE 5'4. When we go out, I almost ALWAYS wear heels and I feel soo giant. Im not even that tall (only 5'8), but with heels on, compared to my friends, i just feel HUGE.

I'm also 5'9" and I'm wearing heels all the time. I couldn't care less about what other people might think. And to be taller than guys... their insecurity is not my problem. If a guy should feel insecure about this, that guy isn't interesting to me anyway.

I'm 5'7" and the only people who've ever been pissy about me wearing heels are guys I've been dating/seeing who are a similar height to me. Apparently it's "emasculating" to be seen with a girl who's taller than you (even if she's wearing 4" heels!!). Pathetic, really!

I'm 5'8 and I love to wear tall heels (and my boyfriend is 6'5 so he is still taller). It makes me feel powerful and elegant to wear heels.

I'm 5'7" and the only people who've ever been pissy about me wearing heels are guys I've been dating/seeing who are a similar height to me. Apparently it's "emasculating" to be seen with a girl who's taller than you (even if she's wearing 4" heels!!). Pathetic, really!

I don't think 5'7'' is that tall. It's actually the perfect length for wearing heels in my eyes!

I'm 175 and I love wearing high heels, it makes my legs look longer and skinnier. In general I don't care what some random people might think, if they have a problem with me... well, not my issue. And from my experience, the only bad comments usually come from insecure, jealous girls (at least I've never received any negative attention from men :rolleyes:). I think that being "too tall" is a bit like being "too skinny"- the people who say it are usually the ones who lack those things.

I'm 175 and I love wearing high heels, it makes my legs look longer and skinnier. In general I don't care what some random people might think, if they have a problem with me... well, not my issue. And from my experience, the only bad comments usually come from insecure, jealous girls (at least I've never received any negative attention from men :rolleyes:). I think that being "too tall" is a bit like being "too skinny"- the people who say it are usually the ones who lack those things.

THIS!! :highfive:

I wear heels whenever I can - I'm already kind of tall, but I feel more elegant and skinny wearing them :)