Vogue Australia

Feb 13, 2012
hades
I'm kind of proud of Vogue Australia, i think theyve been doin a good job featurin models (especially compared to us vogue whats goin on anna wintour), which is the only reason why I'm letting it slide that they put Delta on the July cover
724051-1_n.jpg

718787-1_n.jpg

713503-1_l.jpg

712907-1_n.jpg

712905-1_n.jpg

663039-1_n.jpg

656419-1_n.jpg

abbey lee :luv:
6034-1_l.jpg

Each month I get so excited to see what gorgeous model is featured but my jaw dropped when I saw Delta. I was so disappointed. And I thought she looked horrible in the photos in her feature story.

THESE. Should never have been printed. I haven't read the July one, but the second one was the most disappointing Vogue I've ever read, one of the photoshoots was just awful and looked like it had been put together by a bunch of boho teenagers. I loved this one though:

Georgia-May-Jagger-for-Vogue-Australia-DesignSceneNet.jpg

309723104f586afa_Georgia_May_Jagger_by_Kai_Z_Feng_Editorial_-_Vogue_Australia_December_2010_.preview.jpg

Georgia+May+Jagger+by+Kai+Z+Feng+%2528Editorial+-+Vogue+Australia+December+2010%2529+6.jpg

VOGUE+Australia+December+2010+-+Georgia+May+Jagger+by+Kai+Z+Feng+01.jpg

Georgia+May+Jagger+Vogue+Australia+Dec+2010.jpg

Georgia+May+Jagger+by+Kai+Z+Feng+%2528Editorial+-+Vogue+Australia+December+2010%2529+2.jpg

Georgia May Jagger comes out really well on camera I think :luv:

^agreed she looks lovely, and dont get the july issue, i had a bad exam today and thought id cheer myself up be gettin vogue and they only had the aussie delta one so i just bought it anyway, im regrettin it now waste of money and has not improved my mood like i hoped :/

I actually just remembered one of the first magazines I ever bought was Vogue Australia, and it wasn't a couple years later that my fashion knowledge brought me back to it and realized Anna Selezneva was on the cover of it. I really want to find that again, because I know what you mean about US vogue being not so fantastic anymore.....:( Flare too! ugh

I wish they would stop this "healthy initiative" (because it's bull, designers are never going to want to hire fat girls, and models are never going to stop smoking, so it'll never happen) and just bring it back to the fashion already!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I know what you mean about US vogue being not so fantastic anymore.....:( Flare too! ugh

actually i still prefer us vogue over our vogue, i just get really annoyed cause its too celeb focused now, and im fine with it occasionally for someone special, but what was up with jlo bein featured talkin about that music show she judges?? :wtf: i just think theyve lowered their standards a lot which is a shame considerin their power, australian vogue on the other hand i feel is makin an effort but obviously its harder cause theres a smaller market here and they dont have as many resources at their disposal

I wish they would stop this "healthy initiative" (because it's bull, designers are never going to want to hire fat girls, and models are never going to stop smoking, so it'll never happen) and just bring it back to the fashion already!!!

right on! and i dont get why they think models are not healthy? ok sure their will power makes them resist a lot of food and some of them smoke, but if you think about it the 'healthy girls' they talk about probably have some unhealthy binge issues and im sure some of them would smoke too, so why focus on 'healthy' because its so hard to find people who arent unhealthy in some way and its not a health magazine its a fashion magazine

I love how they're so loyal to the Australian models that do well internationally. Hope they give Montana Cox a cover. She's gorgeous and had an amazing first season

tumblr_m5xhplzeGL1qj7budo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m5xhqfxgQX1qj7budo1_500.jpg

I think that magazines that market themselves as fashion magazines should only use models for their covers. Celebrities are all well and good, and I do love a good celeb cover but for Vogue I think models are what we want to see.

I think that magazines that market themselves as fashion magazines should only use models for their covers. Celebrities are all well and good, and I do love a good celeb cover but for Vogue I think models are what we want to see.

I totally agree-if I want to read about celebs/see pictures of them I'll buy something else!

actually i still prefer us vogue over our vogue, i just get really annoyed cause its too celeb focused now, and im fine with it occasionally for someone special, but what was up with jlo bein featured talkin about that music show she judges?? :wtf: i just think theyve lowered their standards a lot which is a shame considerin their power, australian vogue on the other hand i feel is makin an effort but obviously its harder cause theres a smaller market here and they dont have as many resources at their disposal

right on! and i dont get why they think models are not healthy? ok sure their will power makes them resist a lot of food and some of them smoke, but if you think about it the 'healthy girls' they talk about probably have some unhealthy binge issues and im sure some of them would smoke too, so why focus on 'healthy' because its so hard to find people who arent unhealthy in some way and its not a health magazine its a fashion magazine

Exactly!!! I'm pretty more people in this world are unhealthy than healthy (probably including those people who came up with the freakin "healthy initiative"...such hypocrites).

Vogue Australia is doing a collector's edition model series right now. It's exclusive to IMG Australia, so they're basically featuring 5 different supermodels signed to IMG Australia on 5 different covers. Lara Stone was on the March cover, Miranda Kerr was on the April cover, and Karlie Kloss is on the May cover.

oPPkcsW.jpg

7YssGn3.jpg

aeLABJB.jpg

Curious as to who the other 2 models will be. Since there are rumors of Gemma making a comeback and it was implied that there would be more than 1 Australian featured in the series, I'm wondering if Gemma will get a cover. Unfortunately, I think it's highly likely that Kate Upton might get a cover too, with all the hype around her and because she looks like she'd appeal to the Australian market. There might be backlash if all 5 models are white, so maybe one of the remaining covers will have Alek Wek, Du Juan, Liya Kebede, or Joan Smalls, since those are the only ethnic models signed to IMG Australia who are established enough to be included. Personally, I'd love if they used an old-school super like Lauren Hutton or Stephanie Seymour, but I don't see that happening since Lara, Miranda, and Karlie are all very modern.

Miranda's cover is so unfortunate. I find it very stilted and akward. It also left me wondering "what is she wiping off her top lip?"... :sneaky:
I would be thrilled if one of the covers featured Gemma :luv: but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

This was in the April issue.

The Sweetest Thing
Photographer: Will Davidson
Styling: Jillian Davidson
Hair: Alan White
Make-up: Kelli Stratton
Models: Cassi van den Dungen and Lucas Pittaway

pT6TS3x.jpg

DOEP7f5.jpg

TJeJFNp.jpg

ecNDqCc.jpg

LSpAJMu.jpg