Vintage thinspiration!

S

syl

Thought I start a thread to post pics of vintage skinnies that inspire us!

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the 60s...among other things, this was the time when being skinny really came into vogue for the first time! Of course, Twiggy was one of the most famous embodiments of this trend, but there were many other great models that deserve attention!

To start off, I'll post some pics of the amazing German model Veruschka von Lehndorff...I think she has a very interesting look!

000000178558-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

000000198280-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fit.jpg

000000187936-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

veruschka2.jpg

Photos-Model-1960s-Veruschka.jpg

Model-Muse-Veruschka.jpg

11003034_ori.jpg

000000178562-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

Do you have any vintage beauties that thinspire you?

And some more pics of the lovely Veruschka...

000000184513-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

000000182197-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

american_vogue_september_15__verushka__penn__3.jpg

000000143060-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

000000184510-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

000000198281-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fullsize.jpg

000000184514-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fit.jpg

000000178564-veruschka_von_lehndorff-fit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread! I love vintage fashion its so chic! :)
british_vogue_september_15th_1966_coddington_bailey5.jpg

44725161.jpg

6a00e554e97d5c88340115710a32bb970c-800wi

I have to include Twiggy :luv:
6a0120a6a93724970b0120a863066e970b-800wi

Edie :luv:

Attachments

• Edie4.jpg
    Edie4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Edie2.jpg
    Edie2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Edie.jpg
    Edie.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 77
There's something so elegant about the models from past decades. They're more classy and less "beachy" etc. Or maybe I'm imagining things?

There's something so elegant about the models from past decades. They're more classy and less "beachy" etc. Or maybe I'm imagining things?

agree.

they have a less 'processed' appeal. it's beautiful and perfect, just what skinny represents too, in my opinion.

but i could be imagining as well.

Great pics, gurls!

And I completely agree with what you said about vintage models...I reckon so many of us can't be under the same delusion ;)

I love these pictures! Good idea to start such a thread.

It makes me laugh how people always say, "todays models are too skinny, back in the day they looked uch curvier"... yeah, right. These pictures may prove you wrong.

Also, I enjoy seeing vintage skinnies, because I actually can believe what I see. Oh, those days without Photoshop!

When I find some good ones, I´ll add some Audrey Hepburn photos, she´s also a nice skinny and classy woman.

I love these pictures! Good idea to start such a thread.

It makes me laugh how people always say, "todays models are too skinny, back in the day they looked uch curvier"... yeah, right. These pictures may prove you wrong.

Also, I enjoy seeing vintage skinnies, because I actually can believe what I see. Oh, those days without Photoshop!

When I find some good ones, I´ll add some Audrey Hepburn photos, she´s also a nice skinny and classy woman.

Yes, I'm also not sure whether models ever looked much curvier...perhaps they had a more hourglassy shape, but their waists were (if the stats given are to be trusted) 20-24 inches for chrissake, which is really skinny for today's standards! Plus, clothes also add to the impression a lot...for example, 50s models are considered much more voluptuous than models from the 60s and later because they wore clothes that accentuated the bust and hips, but many of them were actually very slim...take the dazzling Suzy Parker for example:

suzy_parker-vogue-75.jpg

Looking forward to the pics of Audrey, she's always a joy to behold, a very nice kind of skinny...though sadly, this skinniness was largely a result of a malnourished World War Two childhood. Interestingly, however, Audrey considered herself to be a ˝fake thin˝! :wtf:

Reactions: 1 user
220px-Audrey_Hepburn_screentest_in_Roman_Holiday_trailer.jpg

Others are about to come, I just figured out how to post pics :/

She's not that famous, her name is Dana Wynter. She was in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (I know it sounds stupid, but it was actually quite good. Nothing like the title really...) Okay I hope this works, I suck at technology.

Dana_Wynter_actress.jpg

61445422.jpg

dana-wynter-fashion_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous thread! I like vintage thinspo because it is, in a way, much more easy to relate to. The images aren't photoshopped to death, and the models generally look more 'genuine', if that makes sense.

I adore Grace Kelly... especially in Rear Window, her dresses were so pretty :luv:

prince-rainier-and-grace-kelly.jpg

grace-kelly-style-icon-exhibition.jpg

grace-kelly14.jpg

Grace_Kelly.jpg

grace-kelly.jpg

Even though she isn't really skinny, more slim, she has so much class. Love her! :bow:

Uschi Obermaier ;) German model during the 60s&70s. She was a sex symbol as well so I suppose that´s why its hard to find her with more clothes on :D But she was definately a slim sex symbol, no big boobs and super round hips or whatever...

tumblr_lyxo44tzeZ1r9z1zfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lw7zxfyDFS1r7tqi0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2rl5xws391rr02ajo1_500.jpg