Victoria's Secret Models' Diet & Work-Outs (From UK Vogue)

NewLeaf

Worker Bee
Jan 23, 2012
London, UK
I'm surprised noone beat me to doing this post. In the new issue of UK Vogue (May, Charlize cover) they have a feature on Victoria's Secret, what with them opening stores here (finally) in a couple of months, and they have diet/work out regimes alongside the article :luv: though I think most of it refers to how they get ready for the show specifically, but a lot of them stay in shape year round as they're always doing VS promo as well as other gigs (fashion week/editorials etc) so it's a good idea of what kind of things they do consistently, bar Adriana... ANYWAY, I'll type it all out in case anyone's interested :)

Doutzen Kroes
Exercise: Rope-jumping and yoga 3-4 x a week, and shadow boxing 4 x a week, in addition to running around after her 15month old son
Trainer: Michael Olajide, a former number-one middleweight boxer
Diet: A healthy balance. Kroes almost always cooks her own food - soup and salad nicoise for lunch; grilled fish and roasted vegetables for dinner. She has always eaten organice. In the run-up to the show she cuts out all carbs and sugar. (ERM not that there's anything to cut out??) "I think your diet accounts for 70% of what you look like. You can work out like crazy, but you have to have your diet in the right place."

Adriana Lima
Exercise: Weightlifting, boxing and rope-jumping twice a day
Trainer: Michael Olajide
Diet: Ten days before the show, Lima replaces solids with protein shakes and drinks a gallon of water a day (during the 48hr countdown to the show, she resumes normal drinking quantities)

Candice Swanepoel
Exercise: Boxing and pilates several times a week. During the last 10 days before the show, the routine is daily
Trainer: Justin Gelband. "He actually found me after the first show I did in 2007. He called the agency and said that he could do a lot with my body. I've worked out with him for over 4 years."
Diet: "I love steak. I eat a lot. My metabolism has gone crazy, so I guess I'm pretty lucky." (PFFT YEAH OK)

Miranda Kerr
Exercise: As well as yoga and pilates, Kerr trains 5/6 days a week with leg weights, sliding discs and resistance bands.
Trainer: Justin Gelband
Diet: Very specific. Her day begins with hot water and lemon or a green juice, then a smoothie of coconut water, goji berries, chia seeds and protein powder, and an hour later, oatmeal, or eggs and avocado. For lunch, chicken salad with sweet potato, avocado, feta and baby spinach. Grilled fish with vegetables for dinner.

Alessandra Ambrosio
Exercise: Pilates and yoga 3x a week, and intense 10-day sessions of the Brazil Butt Lift class, devised by her trainer. "It isn't hard to stay in shape. I think I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago, but it takes a bigger toll - I get back pain!"
Trainer: Leonardo Carvalho
Diet: Vitamin supplements, energy juices, salads for lunch and vegetables with chicken for dinner. A ban on chocolate 3 days prior to the show.

Lily Donaldson
Exercise: Pilates, yoga, swimming, and aqua-running
Trainer: Heather Culton
Diet: Eggs and bacon for breakfast. "It's protein! I prefer fried eggs, but when I'm in training I have them poached with a lot of salt and pepper. I'm big into food. I love sushi, too. I watch what I eat at least a week before the show, but I do not cut down on quantity - I'm just more careful with my choices."

So a lot of the things here I think I've read before anyway, but thought it'd be useful to share and observe. Candice seems to be sticking to not giving any real info on her diet :lol: :rolleyes: but interesting point about her trainer, as she did noticeably trim down a lot over the years, but something tells me food is a HUGE part too which she doesn't seem keen on talking about at all. It seems like the 'lighter' the model, the lighter their work-outs too, no?...

Candice Swanepoel

Diet: "I love steak. I eat a lot. My metabolism has gone crazy, so I guess I'm pretty lucky." (PFFT YEAH OK)

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

(Sorry, but this was necessary)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm surprised noone beat me to doing this post. In the new issue of UK Vogue (May, Charlize cover) they have a feature on Victoria's Secret, what with them opening stores here (finally) in a couple of months, and they have diet/work out regimes alongside the article :luv: though I think most of it refers to how they get ready for the show specifically, but a lot of them stay in shape year round as they're always doing VS promo as well as other gigs (fashion week/editorials etc) so it's a good idea of what kind of things they do consistently, bar Adriana... ANYWAY, I'll type it all out in case anyone's interested :)

Doutzen Kroes
Exercise: Rope-jumping and yoga 3-4 x a week, and shadow boxing 4 x a week, in addition to running around after her 15month old son
Trainer: Michael Olajide, a former number-one middleweight boxer
Diet: A healthy balance. Kroes almost always cooks her own food - soup and salad nicoise for lunch; grilled fish and roasted vegetables for dinner. She has always eaten organice. In the run-up to the show she cuts out all carbs and sugar. (ERM not that there's anything to cut out??) "I think your diet accounts for 70% of what you look like. You can work out like crazy, but you have to have your diet in the right place."

Adriana Lima
Exercise: Weightlifting, boxing and rope-jumping twice a day
Trainer: Michael Olajide
Diet: Ten days before the show, Lima replaces solids with protein shakes and drinks a gallon of water a day (during the 48hr countdown to the show, she resumes normal drinking quantities)

Candice Swanepoel
Exercise: Boxing and pilates several times a week. During the last 10 days before the show, the routine is daily
Trainer: Justin Gelband. "He actually found me after the first show I did in 2007. He called the agency and said that he could do a lot with my body. I've worked out with him for over 4 years."

Miranda Kerr
Exercise: As well as yoga and pilates, Kerr trains 5/6 days a week with leg weights, sliding discs and resistance bands.
Diet: Very specific. Her day begins with hot water and lemon or a green juice, then a smoothie of coconut water, goji berries, chia seeds and protein powder, and an hour later, oatmeal, or eggs and avocado. For lunch, chicken salad with sweet potato, avocado, feta and baby spinach. Grilled fish with vegetables for dinner.

Alessandra Ambrosio
Exercise: Pilates and yoga 3x a week, and intense 10-day sessions of the Brazil Butt Lift class, devised by her trainer. "It isn't hard to stay in shape. I think I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago, but it takes a bigger toll - I get back pain!"
Trainer: Leonardo Carvalho
Diet: Vitamin supplements, energy juices, salads for lunch and vegetables with chicken for dinner. A ban on chocolate 3 days prior to the show.

Lily Donaldson
Diet: Eggs and bacon for breakfast. "It's protein! I prefer fried eggs, but when I'm in training I have them poached with a lot of salt and pepper. I'm big into food. I love sushi, too. I watch what I eat at least a week before the show, but I do not cut down on quantity - I'm just more careful with my choices."

So a lot of the things here I think I've read before anyway, but thought it'd be useful to share and observe. Candice seems to be sticking to not giving any real info on her diet :lol: :rolleyes: but interesting point about her trainer, as she did noticeably trim down a lot over the years, but something tells me food is a HUGE part too which she doesn't seem keen on talking about at all. It seems like the 'lighter' the model, the lighter their work-outs too, no?...

Thanks for sharing. Working out would be so much easier if I also had a personal trainer :).

Is that really going to make a difference?

Anyway, thanks for sharing, it's interesting to get an insight into their diets.

In nearly every (which amounts to like, maybe three, I'll admit) interview I've seen of Alessandra, she says she never works out. Ever. And eats junk food. And now these facts come out?

More of the same problem I have with people like her and Candice: Just be straight-forward. We don't believe you anyway. Plus, if you're honest, you won't have to worry about keeping your story straight.

In nearly every (which amounts to like, maybe three, I'll admit) interview I've seen of Alessandra, she says she never works out. Ever. And eats junk food. And now these facts come out?

More of the same problem I have with people like her and Candice: Just be straight-forward. We don't believe you anyway. Plus, if you're honest, you won't have to worry about keeping your story straight.

Really? In the interviews I have seen with Alessandra she always says she likes being outdoors and staying active. She says she runs, does yoga, surfs, paddle boards...

Candice Swanepoel

:rolleyes:

Miranda Kerr

“And, if things really get down to the wire (and I'm feeling a bit rahndee) the occasional jizz diet.”

Lily Donaldson

I have worked with Lily many times. “Doesn't cut down on quantity?” :lol: That gets a 10 on the lie-meter. She's a HUGE instigator - she used to start starving contests, for fuck's sake.

It seems like the 'lighter' the model, the lighter their work-outs too, no?...

Def. Most of the smallest girls don't work out at all... afraid of bulk.

• Jizztastic
Really? In the interviews I have seen with Alessandra she always says she likes being outdoors and staying active. She says she runs, does yoga, surfs, paddle boards...

Well it looks like I need to start watching more interviews, huh?

It seems like the 'lighter' the model, the lighter their work-outs too, no?...

Yes...
I've never read an article about a fashion model's diet. It's always V.S. or fitness models... & the reason for the hush is well... very obvious of course.

I have worked with Lily many times. “Doesn't cut down on quantity?” :lol: That gets a 10 on the lie-meter. She's a HUGE instigator - she used to start starving contests, for fuck's sake.

If you aren't eating anything in the first place, you don't ever have to cut down.... That's probably the one true thing she says.

:rolleyes:

“And, if things really get down to the wire (and I'm feeling a bit rahndee) the occasional jizz diet.”

Love you for telling the truth! I knew that those diet descriptions had to sound too good to be true. Now if only someone will spill the dirt on Candice.... :sneaky: