Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012

Maud was an epic fail. She's trying too hard to be a "cutie" like most of the PINK girls but she just turned out to look scared.
Maud-Welzen-s-scary-Alice-Victoria-s-Secret-2012-Fashion-Show.jpg

I love babydoll models, but for VS, I prefer when models are fierce and Tyra/Rosie/Gisele-ish. Even if it is PINK.

It just looks so much better:

Magda (2012)
Magdalena+Frackowiak+Victoria+Secret+2012+7zHH4IyGmEVl.jpg

Queen Poly (2006)
Victoria+Secret+Fashion+Show+Runway+VwBbZk4NgZHl.jpg

Abbey (2009)
show+%28350%29.jpg

Frida (2012)
tumblr_md99zzugQB1qac31uo1_500.jpg

Please, VS, make models do THAT because when they pull the "Aw I'm so fun and cute!" look even girls with strong runway presences like Karlie look uncomfortable

Granted, I don't work in fashion, but that kinda sounds like bullshit. A long-term VS contract, along with a long-term beauty campaign, is one of the most coveted jobs a model can get. I'm sure models who work for VS (walking in the show, shooting for catalogues, etc) and the people who benefit from them (agents and agencies) care a whole lot about VS. Even just walking in the runway show pays a whole lot more than a typical HF runway show.

Granted, I don't work in fashion, but that kinda sounds like bullshit. A long-term VS contract, along with a long-term beauty campaign, is one of the most coveted jobs a model can get. I'm sure models who work for VS (walking in the show, shooting for catalogues, etc) and the people who benefit from them (agents and agencies) care a whole lot about VS. Even just walking in the runway show pays a whole lot more than a typical HF runway show.

True, still I think the confession was about people from high fashion, designers, and very high fashion houses and how they probably look at VS like its not on the same league as them. For models it must be amazing and totally career forward, but maybe it's not the same for the brand in general, the status it gives models when they are booked on their shows can be amazing because of the commercial appeal of the brand and the show, but maybe the status the house has among high fashion brands its not the same. I don't work in fashion either so I really don't know, that is just my interpretation of something that may not even be true (that blog is not 100% true) but I thought I'd post it because it is interesting to know all opinions :)

True, still I think the confession was about people from high fashion, designers, and very high fashion houses and how they probably look at VS like its not on the same league as them. For models it must be amazing and totally career forward, but maybe it's not the same for the brand in general, the status it gives models when they are booked on their shows can be amazing because of the commercial appeal of the brand and the show, but maybe the status the house has among high fashion brands its not the same. I don't work in fashion either so I really don't know, that is just my interpretation of something that may not even be true (that blog is not 100% true) but I thought I'd post it because it is interesting to know all opinions :)

Yeah I agree with that, but I don't think designers who work for blue-chip brands would even think about comparing their work to VS. Like, the idea of the 2 being comparable is so ridiculous it probably never occured to them. It'd be like comparing their fashion house to Walmart or Target :p

Found this in my magazine last night! It kinda made me laugh!

They said it was the most gruelling, difficult show a model could ever do.

If you can get hold of Grazia, read it because it was a pretty funny article about what the models go through to get in shape a month before the show.

I'm pretty sure they start a lot further than a month and I'm also pretty sure there's not that much more work to do than what they already do?

IMG_01371.jpg

Found this in my magazine last night! It kinda made me laugh!

They said it was the most gruelling, difficult show a model could ever do.

If you can get hold of Grazia, read it because it was a pretty funny article about what the models go through to get in shape a month before the show.

I'm pretty sure they start a lot further than a month and I'm also pretty sure there's not that much more work to do than what they already do?

IMG_01371.jpg

If they work so hard then why are half of them fat? I think being a small name but successful model working a fashion week somewhere works a lot harder.

If they work so hard then why are half of them fat? I think being a small name but successful model working a fashion week somewhere works a lot harder.

It's probably because for the rest of the year they don't watch/exercise as strictly as they do prior to the show.

The most infuriating part of this 'fashion show' is reading all of my friends' tweets and statuses.

Literally copying and pasting them from my feed:

The girls
Debate, who eats more the Angels or an Ethiopian tribe? #VSFashionShow
Not watching the vs fashion show. I'll just end up crying about how I look like shit and they're all gorgeous.
wish i had a butt like these models #noassprobz
This asain bitch needs to go...now.
Pretty positive my leg weighs more than all of these models put together #TeamFood
ok but just imagine being one of those girls......eating cellery and drinking water 24-7... god forbid they ate a chicken wing

The guys
no one cares about how low your self esteem is
You all should stop tweeting about dieting... You have to have a hot face to be a model also
Ladies, you are all Victoria Secret models in my eyes
All the guys that fucked these girls in highschool are probably like "god damn did I really hit that?"
Why isn't Rihanna a Victoria Secret Model!?!?

Shut up. :nopity:

Reactions: 1 user
Surprisingly I wasn't thinspired by them this time unlike last year where I actually watched the VS show while exercising.

You must be in highschool??? These quotes are HILARIOUS but I can't imagine anyone 18+ saying it :lol:

The most infuriating part of this 'fashion show' is reading all of my friends' tweets and statuses.

Literally copying and pasting them from my feed:

The girls

The guys

Shut up. :nopity:

omg
HTML:
TinyOwl
dyyyinggg!!

I just....SO. MUCH. THIGHS.

I think Adriana, Erin, Babs, and Lily looked the worst.
Candice didn't do it for me like she normally does.

I loved the silver screen section the best, everything was so pretty!!!!
Karlie, Magdalena, Constance, and a brunette who's name I cannot think of looked good. Magdalena was so fierce!

Interesting television, that's all :grin: