Vera-Ellen

Ginger_Red

Rising Star
Dec 10, 2012
In the woods, USA
I'm sure a lot of you have seen "White Christmas," and I looked up Vera Ellen to see if she had been discussed here, but didn't find anything. She reportedly had a 17" waist during the filming of this movie, and is known in Hollywood as "the tiniest waist in Hollywood." Just by looking, her waist doesn't look like it is 17in to me, but she is still teeny. She is now thought of to have suffered from anorexia, which was unknown at the time, but her friend, Bill Dennington, had the following to say on the matter:
Vera-Ellen was a friend for 20 years until her death. I was in L.A. and had lunch with her 2 weeks prior to her death. If you’ve read David Soren’s book Vera-Ellen: The Magic and The Mystery you would have seen my personal photographs of Vera-Ellen. The photographs were taken in the 60’s and 70’s and she looked fine. All of her life she wore something around her neck, a necklace,a choker, a scarf, a collar, etc., etc. It was her “trademark” like Van Johnson wore red socks. I saw her neck many times it was lovely…..like Audrey Hepburns. Hate that people think of her as “the dancer with anorexia” and not just the FABULOUS DANCER WHO HAS BEEN SO OVERLOOKED !!!!!!!!!!!!

annex-vera-ellen-white-christmas_01.jpg

Vera21.jpg

I adored her in "White Christmas", and while watching the movie I always loved her body, and I thought her waist was pretty small.

vlcsnap-2010-12-17-16h14m13s153.png

1104_059203-p.jpg

79516749642391273_Wb8KMpkX_c.jpg

27wznd1dxs6h1dxw1.jpg