Undressed Skeleton Rant

This is interesting. I had no idea who this girl was before I stumbled across this thread yesterday. Now I looked at her site and agree with most of what you all are saying. But I also noticed some better recipes and I think that this past post she put up reflects that she gets what she is doing wrong. Somewhat.

I think that her recipes are good for people who are seriously addicted to sugar and are needing to start their weight loss journey..aka herself. But it sounds like she's realising that this isn't "healthy" for a lifestyle choic nor is it good for the long run.

That being said....let me just have a minute to vent here but this is the PERFECT example of how kids in the States have this unhealthy addiction to processed foods! The fact that you can't simply enjoy an orange for what it tastes like...the sweet tangy flavour...you have to put sugar-free jello on it?! And syrup in eggs?! The fact that these even have to be presented as a weight loss strategy, short-term or no, just irks me to no end!

I think she looks awesome, but her food is majorly gross and her writing is godawful! I still follow her, though. Just not her advice! There's a bunch of controversy with her site now that she's "tumblr famous" or whatever...check out the Get Off My Internets thread on her if you're curious or want backstory. Pretty interesting!

^^^^ Thankksssss. From the looks of it, she was not always healthy but likely did SGD along the way. Whatever, she sure is rah-rah about the whole thing.

What's going on with her and food coloring? I don't see the point in putting pink coloring in hummus... It's already perfect and nutritious itself!
I have to admit I do follow her but I think I do it for the same reason I buy celebrity gossip magazines, I like knowing what people do and blahblahblah... I can't help it!
:lol:

I think she looks awesome, but her food is majorly gross and her writing is godawful! I still follow her, though. Just not her advice! There's a bunch of controversy with her site now that she's "tumblr famous" or whatever...check out the Get Off My Internets thread on her if you're curious or want backstory. Pretty interesting!

I can't find the thread! Is it possible you could post the links?

Thank you. :kiss:

Frankly the truth is the US is just annoyingly gorgeous & skinny. Thank god I know better, am older & wiser so her blog can't bother me that much because not many of her tips work for me, I'm more in to lower carb grain free diets like paleo & was never skinny like I am now on the crap she eats. It's her genetics, nor that she's so healthy.

I'm also really annoyed at how bad her writing is. It's like she never proof reads anything. Sometimes I don't even know what she is trying to say.

Attachments

• tumblr_m3rdhjm7bq1qgeygd.jpg
    tumblr_m3rdhjm7bq1qgeygd.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 113
This is probably the meanest thing I've ever said on a forum but come on, look at her mom. She's not skinny & one day neither will TLM be.

This is probably the meanest thing I've ever said on a forum but come on, look at her mom. She's not skinny & one day neither will TLM be.

So if your mom is fat you might as well give up on trying to be skinny, you're destined to be fat anyway? :wtf:

So if your mom is fat you might as well give up on trying to be skinny, you're destined to be fat anyway? :wtf:

I don't think thats true. my mom is actually very skinny, 5'11 around 130 lbs and she's almost 60 now. but the thing is, we don't seem to be very genetically similar, I'm 5'6 for crying out loud!! I mean its great thats she's thin and all, but we are not the least bit alike in body shape/bone structure, face size/shape its actually pretty funny. I resemble my grandma in being shorter/smaller bones.

I don't think thats true. my mom is actually very skinny, 5'11 around 130 lbs and she's almost 60 now. but the thing is, we don't seem to be very genetically similar, I'm 5'6 for crying out loud!! I mean its great thats she's thin and all, but we are not the least bit alike in body shape/bone structure, face size/shape its actually pretty funny. I resemble my grandma in being shorter/smaller bones.
I don't think so either ;) although I'd be really happy it it were true. My mom is really slim and can eat anything she wants. But we're no clones of our parents, so you can't really tell. And there are so many other factors apart from genetics.

I'm the same as @leila, nothing like my mum. She's much shorter than me and while she's definitely not fat, she has an entirely different body (the same body as the rest of the women in my family, actually) -- shorter, broad torso, very pear-shaped, with a tendency to put on muscle. Meanwhile, I'm at least five inches taller than them, naturally on the thinner side, and I struggle to put a pound of muscle on my body!

I do look a little awkward at family gatherings. Hello, adoption? :hmm: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the same as @leila, nothing like my mum. She's much shorter than me and while she's definitely not fat, she has an entirely different body (the same body as the rest of the women in my family, actually) -- shorter, broad torso, very pear-shaped, with a tendency to put on muscle. Meanwhile, I'm at least five inches taller than them, naturally on the thinner side, and I struggle to put a pound of muscle on my body!

I do look a little awkward at family gatherings. Hello, adoption? :hmm: ;)

I don't want to go off topic, but are you saying you're naturally skinny? Now I'm afraid I think 'if this girl on SG can become skinny, so can I' when all the time a lot of you are naturally skinny!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to go off topic, but are you saying you're naturally skinny? Now I'm afraid I think 'if this girl on SG can become skinny, so can I' when all the time a lot of you are naturally skinny!:(

Taralynn got super skinny and obviously it isn't natural to her. Look at her before photos! "Naturally skinny" only gets you so far ;)

Taralynn got super skinny and obviously it isn't natural to her. Look at her before photos! "Naturally skinny" only gets you so far ;)
no of course not, you're right. :grin: so there is still hope. But I also refuse to believe that it's possible to become that skinny on a diet like the one she promotes on her blog.

no of course not, you're right. :grin: so there is still hope. But I also refuse to believe that it's possible to become that skinny on a diet like the one she promotes on her blog.

I kind of understand her BS. If I had that many followers looking up to me I would want to feed them the healthiest info possible (ignoring her pandemic causing recipes). If she really lost weight following a super low calorie diet I understand how she would be secretive about that because she doesn't want to influence naive followers into potentially health damaging dieting. It must be hard to balance between what she promotes and how she really lost so much weight and stays thin.