Underage models

Silent Night

Community Duchess
Feb 8, 2012
UK
@Skinny2012 made a post about an underage model, Hailey Clauson, and what sort of images she should be in over in her thread, and I came across this stuff about a 10-yr-old French model called Thylane Blondeau when I was reading about Hailey.

There are zillions of images her if you Google search. Here's a short article with a slideshow at the end:

http://fashionista.com/2011/07/is-t...odel-the-next-big-thing-or-is-it-just-creepy/

What do you think about her age and the type of shoots she's doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
This photo is just all around creepy & has a scary mood to it, if that makes sense:wtf: The dress, the pose, the makeup look horrifyingly unnatural on her. She reminds me of the movie called "Orphan" :run::run:

The shoes look ridiculously larger than her. It's as if they photoshopped the shoes to a few sizes larger.
tumblr_logij9jFyb1qmlbgwo1_500.jpg

On the other hand, this photo is just adorable.
tumblr_loknt7NyMf1qmlbgwo1_400.jpg

Nevertheless, having children pose like the first picture for an adult magazine is just too far, inappropriate & very sad!

Reactions: 1 user
waaay too young imho :wtf:
a little girl dressed up in mom's chlothes posing with her pets should not be shown in a sexy/erotic way, this is creepy...
give her 4-5 years and she'll be a beautyful model, but now: back to the playground with her :(

(i don't know anything about her personality though, maybe she loves modeling, maybe she#s kinda forced to it by her parents, but anyway: sexy pics are a 16+ thing for me)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also not okay with that pic, never mind the cute rabbits:

Thylane-Lena-Rose-Blondeau-01.jpg

I mean heavy make-up and gold stilettos for a 10 or 11 year old just creeps me out... imo the parents are totally irresponsible....

I wonder how she's going to feel about these images when she's an adult and actually knows what sex is. If I knew that my mum and dad had even looked at a photo of me at age 10 lying on a leopard-print bedspread wearing gold stilletos and a fuck-me look I'd feel very, very upset, and if I knew that they were there at the time and thought it was fine I don't know how I could understand that.

Imo the pose and expressions in those two provocative shots are really inappropriate, and I don't know if it's worse to think that this kid knows what it means, and is fine with it, or that she doesn't know what it means, and her parents think it's ok to make her do it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
I am not okay with this either. She is a pretty and sweet little girl but she should not have been put in shoots like that. I think if you are going to use child models you should make them natural and portray them as they are supposed to be like children. The make up and high heels are extreme and too old for her.

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely not okay. When I look at those images, I think of Lolita. I think it is completey unacceptable and irresponsible to portray a child in such a sexual manner that she cannot herself even comprehend. Why can't children be left to be children? Youth is so short; that child should be allowed to savour it while she still can.

Definitely not okay. When I look at those images, I think of Lolita. I think it is completey unacceptable and irresponsible to portray a child in such a sexual manner that she cannot herself even comprehend. Why can't children be left to be children? Youth is so short; that child should be allowed to savour it while she still can.

Mte.

Where are her parents?!

This is how JonBenét Ramsey shit happens. I can't stand parents who would do this.. I can't stand media who would want this. Let her model, but let her model in the taste of 10 year old girls, not high fashion/sexy.

I've been hearing a lot of controversy about child models lately. A lot of people are saying they violate child labor laws. I have to admit it seems like a tough life for a little girl...

Her parents are semi-celebrities (former footballer + tv show host) and I don't really think they care. The mom just seemed nonchalant about it & apparently closed down her facebook account to stop her daughter from seeing all this stuff.
She's posed in similar stuff before & walked for Gautier at age 4-5.
http://jezebel.com/5827092/fashion-industry-salivates-over-creepy-photos-of-10+year+old-french-girl
medium_thylane_2_081111.jpg
medium_thylane_08_080211.jpg

The girl does seem to have talent. But I would agree the way she's being portrayed is really inappropriate. I hate parents who see their kids as accessories, or projects, or little versions of themselves. Let her be a child! Let her play in the dirt and run around and just be free for a few years before she has to go be an adult and have to be worried and overworked all the time like the rest of us. :cry:

a topless pic :wtf: -> mum and dad: are you serious?

btw. something i'm thinking about when i read this:

in my opinion this is what creates EDs in an early age: too much pressure and too high expectations, parents forcing their kids to be something they wish they'd been when they where younger (no mather if it's modeling or a certain occupation or sport)

but it's much easier to blame it on skinny models, isn't it? :rolleyes:

beautiful girl, but way to young for some of these poses. I think the ones with high heels and such are too much. She can do some cute modeling though at that age but keep it cute not sexy.

She's absolutely gorgeous, she could have a serious, successful career if she had just waited until she was 16 or 17, even. But as it is, people are going to be way tired of hearing of her by that point. She won't be "that pretty, fresh new face on the Paris runways", she'll be "that girl who did creepy fetish-y shots at 10".

What about Baby Brooke Shields?

She had an infamous career as a child model/actress, partially because of her role in Pretty Baby at 12.

brooke_shields_pixelated_top_bottom_final.jpg

broo.jpg

brooke.jpg

tumblr_lggoh9NTAM1qgjkoxo1_500.jpg

Brooke-Shields-1975-New.jpg

brooke20_large.jpg

I guess I will be the outcast & say I'm not really bothered by it. Yeah some of it is a bit too grown-up and I wouldn't let my girl do it but I don't really see the big deal... I don't think they are being sexualised (the person looking at the pictures might sexualise it.. that's another thing..) and nudity doesn't have to be sexual.

I remember Kate Moss once said that it was way better to start modelling at 16 rather than at 14 and she regretted starting so young. But this girl, although gorgeous, isn't even a teenager!
tumblr_lpf83u8IgD1ql1gvpo3_400.jpg