Ulyana Sergeenko

Natalie

Grand Dame
Aug 5, 2013
United States
Cross posting here from /r/femalefashionadvice on reddit. I've seen Ulyana's designs mentioned around here in passing, but never a thread on the woman herself. She is described as "a Russian fashion designer, socialite, and blogger, whose quirky style combines ornate, old-world aristocratic influences with her own modern twist."

These photos aren't all from the same point in time, and her weight does fluctuate some, but she has a lot of promise- and looks pretty banging for 34. What do you ladies think?

Apologies if this is inappropriate for the "celebrities" section, mods, feel free to move/delete this if necessary.

YvJ2ux9.jpg

Q1kvpmL.jpg

qw807cN.jpg

UPJsOYE.jpg

W7Y6UQP.jpg

Qwbz7zp.jpg

omWtdYt.jpg

8SKZ5Vb.jpg

98YS5p1.jpg

6AVtwIN.jpg

enM2Ddu.jpg

p3RNbq9.jpg

aA5LLCC.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I love her style so much.
It seems like a style that even bigger girls would look good in, but of course they go for the short skirts and crop tops :eyeroll:

Reactions: 1 user
She really knows how to dress for her shape - no matter what shape she's in. That's pretty amazing.

Though I'm really not into the bustle. Please let's bury that style next to Victoria I.

Her face looks kind of plastic, but her style is fantastic. I love the old world charm.

Reactions: 1 users
I wish she wasn't in celebrities, her creations are amazing and her models are amazing, *moment when you wonder how far human taste has diminished when Oliver Kar-Rousteing has aproximately 10x more followers on Instagram :lol:"

I wish she wasn't in celebrities, her creations are amazing and her models are amazing, *moment when you wonder how far human taste has diminished when Oliver Kar-Rousteing has aproximately 10x more followers on Instagram :lol:"
I'm sorry, you wish she wasn't in celebrities? I don't quite understand why.

@Ellie - I dunno, I think bustles look kind of cool. But then again I am a huge history geek, so take that with a grain of salt XD

@Natalie @Delirium
It's totally personal. I grew up with everyone commenting on how big my ass was (pear-shaped, wide hips...my booty was way worse when I was bigger). I understand for people who are into the outragously-large-jiggly-T&A look, but what is the appeal for you guys?

@Natalie @Delirium
It's totally personal. I grew up with everyone commenting on how big my ass was (pear-shaped, wide hips...my booty was way worse when I was bigger). I understand for people who are into the outragously-large-jiggly-T&A look, but what is the appeal for you guys?
I like the historical feel of it, to be honest. I would never wear something like a bustle, but I enjoy period accurate costumes a lot :) I did theatre for so long that I've really cultivated a passion for things like that.

@Natalie @Delirium
I think it's like corsets for many people. Not everyone would use it as a means to get a smaller waist (waist-training), but just every once in a while to get the old Hollywood glam feeling (or Victorian).
I don't personally like the bustle look. I prefer the "Marie Antoinette" style look a little more, if we're being historical here :p

@Natalie @Delirium

I prefer smaller boobs and asses in real life, but a good dress with a corset and a bustle - it looks good to me. I wouldn't like the silhuette if it was the persons actual body... I just love overly structured clothing. I prefer clothes that shape the body, not the other way around.

Also, like @Natalie I have a boner for things historical.

Reactions: 1 users