Tyra Banks

Super Star
May 11, 2012
She isn't really known for her HF work, but back in her heyday, she had campaigns for D&G (alongside Kate and Nadja), Roberto Cavalli, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Cashmere by YSL, and a few others. She only had 1 Vogue cover though (Vogue Spain). She was more of an Elle + Harper's Bazaar kind of model (but back in the early 90s, I think Elle and Harper's Bazaar were almost as prestigious as Vogue?). She was also a pretty big runway force, walking for Versace, Dior, YSL, Chanel, etc. She had a pretty good HF career, considering Naomi was snatching up almost all the jobs. Although she had a short-lived career in HF because of her early crossover into commercial modeling, she's pretty much the epitome of successful branding and transcending fashion. I'd respect her success a lot more if she wasn't so goddamn annoying. Well, I respect what she has managed to do, but I don't respect her.

Some of her HF work:

L'Officiel Paris
fvhd8p.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Germany August 1992
Pzebl.jpg

Elle Spain October 1992
LFOCS.jpg

Elle Germany April 1993
WD0SA.jpg

Elle Spain January 1994
Usb5f.jpg

Elle US December 1994
ke2eY.jpg

Vogue Spain
OvVFH.jpg

Cashmere by YSL
005cs0.jpg

D&G (she's the one on the right, in both pictures)
svqdT.jpg

Nevt9.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I never really understood how she got into HF exactly (since she's never been super thin), but I think she's gorgeous! I'd be lying if I said she didn't have a killer bod--she does, and she looks very exotic and unique. Her body type is something I could *never* achieve, and I am more of a fan of thin personally on myself, but she is undoubtedly beautiful and probably more relatable/marketable to the public. If I could rock curves like that, I totally would! I think the mistake is lumpy people clinging to that bandwagon...Tyra's curves > other curves. Even though she can be kind of annoying, I find her both very respectable and respectful, and she's extremely positive. She also makes herself accessible to the outside world and is very honest, which makes her overall pretty likable in my opinion. In other words, she seems very genuine which is refreshing. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1h9qajF7vY

This and other crap like it is why I hate Tyra

:nopity:

to the lady at 1:00, boohoo, yes you're beautiful, oh of course you're not fat at all

:nopity::rolleyes:

OMG THIS IS THE REASON I CANNOT STAND HER PERSONALITY. She is so annoying on her talk show because she ALWAYS THINKS SHE'S RIGHT. And she tries to impose her beliefs onto her guests, even interrupting them multiple times when they try to explain themselves. She doesn't bring them onto her show to interview them; she brings them to convert them. She's always playing an amateur psychologist, trying to find some "deeper meaning" for people's actions. It looks like she's trying to make them cry.

Reactions: 1 user
I never really understood how she got into HF exactly (since she's never been super thin), but I think she's gorgeous! I'd be lying if I said she didn't have a killer bod--she does, and she looks very exotic and unique. Her body type is something I could *never* achieve, and I am more of a fan of thin personally on myself, but she is undoubtedly beautiful and probably more relatable/marketable to the public. If I could rock curves like that, I totally would! I think the mistake is lumpy people clinging to that bandwagon...Tyra's curves > other curves. Even though she can be kind of annoying, I find her both very respectable and respectful, and she's extremely positive. She also makes herself accessible to the outside world and is very honest, which makes her overall pretty likable in my opinion. In other words, she seems very genuine which is refreshing. :)

In the 90s, the models were much more curvier than the HF models are today. I think the average size was a 6 (before all the sizes got inflated). Plus, Tyra was only in HF for about 3 years before she had to switch to commercial modeling because of all the weight she gained.

I find her desperately irritating and over the top. I do think she has very striking facial features however and I respect her for managing to make such an irritating personality a financial success....

I think Tyra is beautiful and has gorgeous bone structure and I used to proper bum her when I was younger, but now i'm a little older, I kind of see her differently. Loud, annoying and actually, she looks like a drag queen in a lot of these pictures.

OMG THIS IS THE REASON I CANNOT STAND HER PERSONALITY. She is so annoying on her talk show because she ALWAYS THINKS SHE'S RIGHT. And she tries to impose her beliefs onto her guests, even interrupting them multiple times when they try to explain themselves. She doesn't bring them onto her show to interview them; she brings them to convert them. She's always playing an amateur psychologist, trying to find some "deeper meaning" for people's actions. It looks like she's trying to make them cry.

UGH YES! :hmm: Thankfully, she got what was coming to her for getting so fat :p

I find it hard to see her as a model. To me she'll always be the TV host who sends girls home for not being 'fierce" enough. Lololol.

I met her a few years ago, and although she was larger, her face is still stunning. She is one of those celebs that actually look like themselves in real life. and her personality was amazing, she was fun and chill. she didn't take what she was doing too seriously. A lot of other celebs in her situation just come of as assholes.
yes, her fat pride or whatever is annoying, but I still like her, AND admire her business sense.

Ugh, this video is so annoying - seriously the girl asks what the hope is for her and that she can't compete with actresses and models - here's a solution - eat better and exercise and you can lose the weight. This seems to be a very difficult concept for society to grasp.

Tyra really bugs me too. On her show she is always so loud and dramatic and she can be obnoxious - it gives me a headache. :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1h9qajF7vY

This and other crap like it is why I hate Tyra

:nopity:

to the lady at 1:00, boohoo, yes you're beautiful, oh of course you're not fat at all

:nopity::rolleyes:

She's so annoying to watch. And it's all such rubbish, maybe a couple of years ago there was a pressure to look thin but now it's a complete opposite, being skinny is looked down on and being fat is a reason to be proud :superpuke: I get that she got fat and is to lazy to change it, but really? this? :nopity:

She's so annoying to watch. And it's all such rubbish, maybe a couple of years ago there was a pressure to look thin but now it's a complete opposite, being skinny is looked down on and being fat is a reason to be proud :superpuke: I get that she got fat and is to lazy to change it, but really? this? :nopity:

IKR?! She totally lost any hope for ANTM to actually be something lately. All the girls are pudgy, extra annoying, and even less potential than they used to be.

IKR?! She totally lost any hope for ANTM to actually be something lately. All the girls are pudgy, extra annoying, and even less potential than they used to be.

Omg yes! Ugh, their screeching makes me want to throw the remote through the TV. :smash:Idk if you saw the last season, but the one that won was one of those "I represent all the healthy girls, I have endured so much at the hands of the industry" girls, and the second place was WAY to big to model.

Here's a picture (it goes left to right, 1st, 2nd, 3rd):
reg_1024.antm.ls.111612_copy.jpg

Yeah, clearly they represent the future of the industry:rolleyes:

Omg yes! Ugh, their screeching makes me want to throw the remote through the TV. :smash:Idk if you saw the last season, but the one that won was one of those "I represent all the healthy girls, I have endured so much at the hands of the industry" girls, and the second place was WAY to big to model.

Here's a picture (it goes left to right, 1st, 2nd, 3rd):
reg_1024.antm.ls.111612_copy.jpg

Yeah, clearly they represent the future of the industry:rolleyes:

:wtf: EW. Sorry, but no.....:facepalm: The third place girl doesn't look too bad though?