Twiggy

stars_108.jpg

She should be on Models.com's Supermodels list instead of Adriana or Heidi!

I mean, Adriana is incredibly well known and probably the most famous of the "modern" 21st century supermodels along with Gisele (I believe their peek was when they became Angels) between both the fashion followers and people who aren't interested in fashion.

And Heidi, what has she done? VS, SI and that crappy reality TV show Project Whatever?

But Twiggy is much more iconic than both of them and absolutely everyone knows her, she's the whole face of mod, or even the 1960's (shared with Jean Shrimpton).

She deserves being there just as (if not even more than) Adriana. And definitely more than Heidi.

I totally agree with you. I'm a huge fan of Twiggy, she's my #1 idol and did so many great things. I never got what's it about Heidi. In Germany she does a lot (no great jobs like Astor or Otto) and is well known for hosting Germany's next top model. She's more an entertainer than a model... I don't know if she's famous or does designers in other country (?)

She's definitely a top 1 thinspo since she started the skinny fashion!!

Actually the one who started this type of fashion was the model Jean Shrimpton (she's often called the first super model), twiggy always said that she was her main inspiration to become a model. But Twiggy was the first model coming from a working class family. Pictures of Jean Shrimpton:

lg_5088161_Jean_Shrimpton_in_a_frilly_shi.jpg

jean-shrimpton-norman-parkinson-1960.jpg

jean_shrimpton_lambretta.jpg

031_jean_shrimpton_theredlist.jpg

and there was another one before Twiggy: Edie Sedgwick, but she got banned from the fashion world because of her relation with The Factory:

Edie+Sedgwick+63.jpg

edie.png

edie-sedgwick-sur-le-divan.jpg

edie.sedgwick.jpg

edie-sedgwick_01.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Twiggy on obesity: “I feel strongly that you are what you eat and I do think the obesity problem is a tragedy. They say that what happens in America comes here ten years later and it has. I think it’s a lot to do with fast food and how easy it is to buy it.”

Her solution: “I know people have financial problems sometimes but if one can buy good food and cook it they’ll find it doesn’t always cost more. But it’s whether people have got the inclination or the time. It’s so much easier to buy rubbish. I find that really upsetting actually. The worst thing is fizzy drinks. You see kids walking along the street glugging them down. I watched a program the other night and they were showing four-year-olds with their teeth falling out. We didn’t grow up with that.”

Her own weight struggles: “In my 40s I developed a bit of a middle-age spread. So now I follow a healthy eating regime. Some models starve themselves but I was just a naturally skinny kid. I used to eat everything, even big bars of chocolate, but I could not put on weight. I still have chocolate in my fridge but I’ll only eat one square at a time. And I only allow myself one pudding a month. I don’t believe in dieting, though. It’s so boring.”

http://www.celebitchy.com/393855/tw..._a_tragedy_its_so_much_easier_to_buy_rubbish/