TV can motivate you

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
Yeah i said it. Usually whilst people watch TV they snack or eat a lot more.
My weakness is Gilmore Girls, whenever they eat I wanna eat and actually think I can eat and won't gain weight because the gilmore girls don't. Or my weakness is when i see a show and a skinny girl eating yummy food.

But what about shows that motivate you to not eat/snack
Are there any?
Here's mine

I tend to watch shows with pretty skinny girls so I can have the illusion that I will look that good if I don't eat. These shows actually motivate me to not eat.

90210 - Annalynne McCord. i love her!
Gossip Girl - I think Blake is pretty but she's not that skinny in my opinion but the fact that she has the confidence to wear anything make me wanna not eat.
The Vampire Diaries - Nina debrov is skinny. i like her figure. Plus there's blood so I never eat during the show.
the O.C - When Mischa Barton was skinny I try to aspire to that.
So Little Time - I'm petite like the Olsen Twins so it makes it more realistic that i could be like them. So I don't eat.

How do you guys not eat/snack whilst watching tv. What are your shows and tricks?

FAT PROGRAMMES! i could never snack when watching fat people lose weight. especially when they do workouts, i usually get the mini trampoline out and exercise along with them. i don't know what it is about them that motivates me so much, i think its a mix of reverse thinspo and the thought that if the fatties can do it, so can i! in fact, i will do it better!
and americas next top model, and programmes like that. too much thinspo!

I love Gilmore Girls!
I try to focus on their caffeine addiction instead and watch the show with a big cup of coffee ;-)

My weakness is Gilmore Girls, whenever they eat I wanna eat and actually think I can eat and won't gain weight because the gilmore girls don't. Or my weakness is when i see a show and a skinny girl eating yummy food.

But what about shows that motivate you to not eat/snack
Are there any?
Here's mine

I tend to watch shows with pretty skinny girls so I can have the illusion that I will look that good if I don't eat. These shows actually motivate me to not eat.

90210 - Annalynne McCord. i love her!
Gossip Girl - I think Blake is pretty but she's not that skinny in my opinion but the fact that she has the confidence to wear anything make me wanna not eat.
The Vampire Diaries - Nina debrov is skinny. i like her figure. Plus there's blood so I never eat during the show.
the O.C - When Mischa Barton was skinny I try to aspire to that.
So Little Time - I'm petite like the Olsen Twins so it makes it more realistic that i could be like them. So I don't eat.

How do you guys not eat/snack whilst watching tv. What are your shows and tricks?

OMG! Gossip Girl is like my favourite program! And Americas NextTop Model is like the ultimate thinspo. :3

I turn on Fashion TV and look at the modelson the runway.
They're so skinny I don't feel hungry and get a weird need to exercise.
Also, Man V. Food makes me feel full by just watching all thouse people pig out.

I watch CUPCAKE WARS! Nothing makes me want to eat less than seeing the NOT skinny bakers making cupcakes for the NOT skinny judges and hearing about all those ingredients/calories. I never want to try a single cupcake.

I'm really into The Big Bang Theory...and they eat out a lot. The boys are skinny/nerdy but Penny, Amy, and Bernadette are definitely not...and they are my reverse thinspo, definitely. Never eat much while watching that show.

Kaley%20Cuoco%20Big%20Bang%20Theory.jpg

America's Next Top Model is the best Thinspo. :)

This. Whenever the Gilmore Girls eat, it makes me wanna eat too. 'Oh, they're eating blueberry muffins at Luke's? I want one, too. Oh, they're not getting fat though they eat tons of junk food?! I can do that, too.'
What the hell am i thinking?! :rolleyes:

I love to sit and drink tea while watching TV. It's been ages since I've just pigged out with a bag of junk food in front of the TV. Seeing people eat has never really been a big trigger for me. I eat when I'm hungry and I plan my "cheat" meals. Seeing people smoke always gives me a pang, though. I smoked for quite some time and every time someone would light up on-screen I just felt like I NEEDED one. I quit in December so that feeling is not very strong anymore but every once in a while I get the itch. My TV thinspo:

Hart of Dixie - Rachel Bilson's curves. I die.
Gossip Girl - I know Blake Lively's not skinny but I think she's got a great figure. She's toned, curvy and slender.
REVENGE(!!!) - Plenty of slim ladies on that one.

The Biggest Loser - After watching it, I always get the urge to exercise. I once burned 1020 calories on the treadmill after watching The Biggest Loser. My muscles were ridiculously sore afterwards, but it definitely made me feel so much better about myself.

I'm really curious about how they change their body shape when they get down to the average sizes. Shouldn't they have a lot of excess skin?

It's crazy when they get down there...

It's even CRAZIER when they're big and can push a truck all by themselves!

I'm really curious about how they change their body shape when they get down to the average sizes. Shouldn't they have a lot of excess skin?

It's crazy when they get down there...

It's even CRAZIER when they're big and can push a truck all by themselves!

Some of them do have excess skin by the end of the finale, but not as much as the average overweight person who loses weight. Most of the contestants on The Biggest Loser will not have excess skin because of their hardcore workout routine. They train for hours and the diets they are given helps them build muscle, giving them a nice toned look unlike someone who was to just diet without a lot of exercise.

Some of them do have excess skin by the end of the finale, but not as much as the average overweight person who loses weight. Most of the contestants on The Biggest Loser will not have excess skin because of their hardcore workout routine. They train for hours and the diets they are given helps them build muscle, giving them a nice toned look unlike someone who was to just diet without a lot of exercise.

Just another reason why toning/muscle building is important!! Thanks for answering this. :)

Dollhouse. It only ran for 2 seasons (2009 & 2010) but Eliza Dushku, Summer Glau, and Dichen Lachman make me want to kick some butt and eat celery.

echo4big.jpg

eliza-dushku-summer-glau-dollhouse.jpg

sierra04.jpg

Dollhouse. It only ran for 2 seasons (2009 & 2010) but Eliza Dushku, Summer Glau, and Dichen Lachman make me want to kick some butt and eat celery.

echo4big.jpg

eliza-dushku-summer-glau-dollhouse.jpg

sierra04.jpg
I love Dollhouse and Dichen Lachman!!!!!!!!!

I love Gilmore Girls! I have all 7 seasons and pull them out when I'm sad/stressed/sick. They do make me crave pizza and stuff though but I just listen to Luke give his healthy food lectures and it helps. Plus Alexis is pretty dang skinny in that series so that helps as well.
I also enjoy watching:
Modern Family-I laugh so hard I can't eat plus laughing burns calories!
Gossip Girl-The fashion helps me realize I won't be able to wear great clothes and be fat.
Pretty Little Liars-A couple of them are pretty slim and they're all very pretty.
Biggest Loser/I Used to be Fat for obvious reasons.

This might not be very nice seeing as these people are sick, but hoarders will dampen any appetite I have.