Tumblr's "Perfect Weight" Chart

bisou

Super Star
May 27, 2012
East Coast
So I saw this picture on Tumblr when I was creeping on some random blog...

tumblr_mbns1xf70Z1rhr382o1_400_large.jpg

I know the footnote says "solely on personal preference of a mind of an anorexic"... but I think the "Plain Thin" stats are actual about right, and you definitely can achieve them without starving yourself. Maybe the "Bones" stats are the absolute minimum weight I'd personally want to be.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it entirely depends on the person and should be taken with a grain of salt, but funnily enough, at 5'6" 99lb is my goal weight. :oops:

im 5'9'' and 99lbs is my goal, but i have a tiny frame... this is an interesting pic!

Wow...96 lbs. I haven't been that small since before puberty, but I would look absolutely skinny at 110. It really depends on your frame.

Isn't this just based on BMI? I'm 5'4" but I'd like to be 93lbs... then 88lbs, for that extra bit of oomph!

So I saw this picture on Tumblr when I was creeping on some random blog...

tumblr_mbns1xf70Z1rhr382o1_400_large.jpg

I know the footnote says "solely on personal preference of a mind of an anorexic"... but I think the "Plain Thin" stats are actual about right, and you definitely can achieve them without starving yourself. Maybe the "Bones" stats are the absolute minimum weight I'd personally want to be.

Looks right to me im 5'6 wanna be 100 but maybe ill shoot for double digits!

I'm around 5' 1/5' 2, and I don't think I would ever go under 80 lb...
But I'm glad many of us see beyond just one set number which everyone of our height should have and view ourselves realistically. Some girls my height are under 80 lb and don't look emaciated. Others who force themselves to get that lower weight are going too far.

I'm 5'6" and I've been thinking of changing my UGW to 100 from 105... I think I'll get to 105 before I put that kind of pressure on myself though. Hurry up next few months!

Question for you guys because I'm genuinely curious:

how much do you think body frame should affect this? Do you think frame size should be taken into account with a chart like this, or not at all?

There are lots of charts like this on tumblr based on people's opinions. I don't think you should feel bad if you don't fit into it. Here are some other examples, some that involve body frame like @aliie mentioned:

They all claim to be a "healthy weight" chart but they all differ

tumblr_m9sy6mngKh1rczmy0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2e8e8h2Ie1rt44a1o1_400.gif

tumblr_lqyuiyHQTX1qd220ao2_500.jpg

tumblr_ljzj5lDTQw1qj2mcyo1_500.gif

tumblr_lwvp4qjauo1qgz6q0o1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots of charts like this on tumblr based on people's opinions. I don't think you should feel bad if you don't fit into it. Here are some other examples, some that involve body frame like @aliie mentioned:

Yeah, this is why I think measurements are better than weight, for determining skinny status. I mean, someone with a medium frame and someone with a small frame at the same height and weight will look very different - it's why some people still manage to look healthy skinny, while others, may look actually way sicker than them at a higher way. It's why some people have to get much skinnier than someone else to get their bones showing - they have more fat distribution around a smaller frame.

The more I reflect, the more I think the best comparative measure is body fat percent, since that takes into account larger frame sizes and muscle density.

Last edited by a moderator:
on those "healthy weight" ones, hooray, I'm below the lowest for 5'10" now! And my boyfriend is terribly unhealthy at the same height, according to them...he's 120. :p

But 5'10" and 111? Shit, I wish it were possible. Lowest I've gotten, healthily or disorderly, was 115. And that was impossible to maintain.
120 is my goal right now, but even that's proving really difficult to reach.

Wow, I'm 5'7 - 5'8 and I think at ~100 lbs or even less I'd look totally emaciated. Even at my fattest I had clearly visible collarbones... and I was honestly fat, not like 125 lbs fat... but I have a rather large frame.

My standards are not quite as low as the "plain thin", because i am already boney at my current weight (119 lbs for 5'8). I think 110 is the lowest nice-looking on me. Depends on the age too (I am 33).

To clarify (from my perspective), nobody here is saying you ought to fit this or feel bad if you don't. It's just noteworthy that a lot of members have goals that lie pretty perfectly within the chart.

So please don't feel crappy if your goal is higher! Body frame does make a difference, as does muscle mass and all that jazz.