Tumblr's "Perfect Weight" Chart

Couldn't that be affected by the amount of body fat on you, though? Someone with a small frame could be obese and therefore their measurement would be large. Or someone with a large frame could be very skinny and have a small measurement.

Definitely. That's exactly why i'm not sure of it's accuracy, lol. I guess it's because the wrist and elbow normally don't have too much fat on them. I've done more searching but all the websites use the wrist/elbow breadth measurements.

Thanks @TinyOwl this is super helpful. I'm not sure I'd personally want to be any less than "Plain Thin" on this chart but it's great to have some kind of chart to replace the whole "BMI under 18? Seek medical Attention" things that are out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
That chart is definitely accurate in the mind of an anorexic. When I saw my height (4'11") I was expecting to see 90 - 120 like weight charts typically say, but it said 75 - 79. When I was an anorexic eight years ago, 70 was my golden number. I was obsessed with it. Granted eventually I went 17 lbs past it and hit 53 and looked completely emaciated/skeletal/disgusting, but even then 70 was still this elusive dream to me. I knew I would be happy there, my life would be wonderful, my body would be perfection, etc. As an adult I have never managed to get past 85 lbs. I doubt I'll ever see any lower than that again and that's fine with me. I looked pretty thin at that weight.

That frame calculator has good intentions, but it's more for your actual bone-by-bone thickness. I have a teensy frame by those measurements, with my little bird wrists, but my hips are almost wider than my shoulders. So I suppose I have a small frame stretched out horizontally. :p

OMG these "healty Charts" base on frame sizes... They can't be serious :wtf:
Sorry but if you're 5'10'' and an "Ideal" weight of 160-173 lbs, You'll just look FAT FAT FAT !!! I think I wiil stick with the first chart lol

I think these charts are unrealistic because they dont usually consider frame and muscle vs fat.

I know when im super fit, i look super thin and i weigh a lot. fat is not so compact.

I know its harder and more time consuming, but go by measurements and fat percentage. Its healthier too. I think 'skinny fat' is not very healthy.

"Bones" terrifies me- I, personally, wouldn't be mentally healthy if I went that low. "Plain skinny" is accurate (and barely achievable). The other charts are for fatties...

"Bones" terrifies me- I, personally, wouldn't be mentally healthy if I went that low. "Plain skinny" is accurate (and barely achievable). The other charts are for fatties...

Well, to reiterate, it *was* a chart made by the mind of an anorexic. I also would not in my right mind shoot for the bones side.

Yikes, some of those related to frame vary so much! I always wonder what my frame is really, I've been told that you can see if a person is "big boned" by looking at their collarbones. Do you know if it's true? Some girls have collarbones that look like twigs that can snap at the slightest push, while I have pretty "thick" collarbones (kind of like this: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/240/c/6/collarbones_by_isweartodrunk-d5cr5td.jpg). Does anyone know if it's true that this is an indicator?

I think weight loss truly is a "one step at a time" process. You can't tell if a weight is impossible to achieve until you are reasonably within the range of achieving it. When I first saw this chart I thought it was ridiculous and impossible. But then I made it to my goal weight and realized that it would be easy for me to keep going. I felt great and healthy. When you are truly at the lowest weight that you can achieve without feeling deathly and sapped of energy, you know. But you can't judge until you really start to edge towards that weight. When I was 95 lbs, I still felt incredible, so I thought that it'd be easy to lose another 5 lbs. I was wrong though. I realized that the other side of 95 lbs was too low for me. So now I'm working towards 95 lbs again in a healthy and controlled manner, and I know that that is the perfect weight for me. But until you really are at that perfect weight, above it you feel like you could still lose a few and below you feel like death, you can't measure your weight loss based on what you see on Tumblr or by BMI or by what you think your favorite model weighs.

That was a weird and random rant, but I hope it helps some of you that are unsure of your ultimate goal weight at least. :shy:

What is that about this sentence on some body type/weight pages "Height was measured in 1" heels". I saw it more than once. Why do they do it? Do they subtract that one inch again afterwards or do they keep it? I am confused :shy:

My goal weight is 100 which at my height would be below "bones" according to the chart. However, I have quite a small frame (I mean my bones are small, but I do have wide-ish hips :cry:) so i think I won´t look very bony at 100 :)

A response on Tumblr:

tumblr_mls4ptZmFa1recxzao1_500.png

I like the original chart better. :nervous:

I think weight loss truly is a "one step at a time" process. You can't tell if a weight is impossible to achieve until you are reasonably within the range of achieving it. When I first saw this chart I thought it was ridiculous and impossible. But then I made it to my goal weight and realized that it would be easy for me to keep going. I felt great and healthy. When you are truly at the lowest weight that you can achieve without feeling deathly and sapped of energy, you know. But you can't judge until you really start to edge towards that weight. When I was 95 lbs, I still felt incredible, so I thought that it'd be easy to lose another 5 lbs. I was wrong though. I realized that the other side of 95 lbs was too low for me. So now I'm working towards 95 lbs again in a healthy and controlled manner, and I know that that is the perfect weight for me. But until you really are at that perfect weight, above it you feel like you could still lose a few and below you feel like death, you can't measure your weight loss based on what you see on Tumblr or by BMI or by what you think your favorite model weighs.

That was a weird and random rant, but I hope it helps some of you that are unsure of your ultimate goal weight at least. :shy:

Thank you for this. :) We all have a goal weight, but I am prepared to adjust it once I get there because I know I might not be entirely satisfied so I might continue losing. It doesn't matter what the charts say, what other criteria there is for the "perfect weight", all that matters is that you finally reach that weight where you feel great and still have energy and don't feel like losing any more.

A response on Tumblr:

tumblr_mls4ptZmFa1recxzao1_500.png

I like the original chart better. :nervous:

Haha, this, or plus-sized stats were what I expected to see when I clicked on this link bc it said "tumblr perfect weight."

In my case, I currently fall between the two numbers. My UGW is below the range. Idk what kind of frame I have, but at my current weight, I know I have too much fat on my upper thighs/butt area to be satisfied.