Troll alert!

A

AnastasiaB

Fark.com posted a link to the Daily Fail article and as I read through the comments I saw someone calling for a wave of trolls to start posting on this site.

http://www.fark.com/comments/720119...g-Carls-Jr-burger-commercial?startid=77920552

"C'mon guys, buck up! Get in there and troll the shiat out of those morons! I KNOW Fark has people who could whip them into a frenzy."

I am not sure the best method to prevent them from posting but one way to squash a troll is to ignore him/her because they thrive on attention. So my suggestion would be to just ignore any posts that seem like they are baiting this group. But the mods may want to weigh-in on the best strategy.

@ExtraShot @Skinny2012

I am leaving off SG and AB because I am sure their mailboxes are full!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I think I read that SG is holding off on accepting any new members for the time being...and considering that she checks out everyone who tries joining, I don't think there should be too much of a problem :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think I read that SG is holding off on accepting any new members for the time being...and considering that she checks out everyone who tries joining, I don't think there should be too much of a problem :)

You are correct...we are not accepting new members right now until things calm down. People interested in joining can still request membership via Twitter or Facebook and send verification through there for review.

Reactions: 2 users
You are correct...we are not accepting new members right now until things calm down. People interested in joining can still request membership via Twitter or Facebook and send verification through there for review.

I'm still worried that the pro anas have discovered our forum. :nervous:

thanks SG, i feel 100x better knowing this :)
^^ me too, the fact that people are calling us pro-ana makes me worried we are actually going to start attractin pro-ana ladies, can you imagine if we had more Rhylie's comin here??

thanks SG, i feel 100x better knowing this :)
^^ me too, the fact that people are calling us pro-ana makes me worried we are actually going to start attractin pro-ana ladies, can you imagine if we had more Rhylie's comin here??

More slapping for Skinny Gurl, ExtraShot, AB & me. :grin:

Reactions: 2 users

So?

It they're dumb enough to say garbage, they're more than welcome to get mocked and have their dimwitted virtual faces slapped by one of the :kiss: mods... It'll be fun!

So?

It they're dumb enough to say garbage, they're more than welcome to get mocked and have their dimwitted virtual faces slapped by one of the :kiss: mods... It'll be fun!

As much as I detest the thought of pro-anas on this site, you're right. It will be fun. So much slapping! :smash:

Great choice not to accept newbies atm as a temporary thing.
They won't destroy us, ladies ;)

well if girls with an ED joined maybe they could get real support

and if the wanabe-anarexics joined maybe they could see that there is a balance between happy/healthy and skinny and change their ways

:)

well if girls with an ED joined maybe they could get real support

and if the wanabe-anarexics joined maybe they could see that there is a balance between happy/healthy and skinny and change their ways

:)

I never saw it like that. But good point.:highfive:

I joined as well.

:luv:

@Skinny Gurl, maybe you should consider making the forums readable only by registered members, at least for now?

I don't think that's a good idea. If everything is private it will only confirm people that we have something to hide.... why shouldn't they lurk around and and read some threads? They might even change their mind about us. I could be wrong but i think @Anonymous Bullcock just made the forums less private some days ago.

Anyway i think it's best to be careful with allowing new members right now.

I don't think that's a good idea. If everything is private it will only confirm people that we have something too hide.... why shouldn't they lurk around and and read some threads? They might even change their mind about us.

Well, this is also true. I just hope the people lurking will be able to ignore the fact that we've been tagged as ~pro-ana~ in the Daily Fail and such... though it's probably not that difficult to overlook anything DF writes.