Tory Burch

Xsmall

Super Star
Apr 22, 2012
Chicago
Not only do I love Tory Burch as a fabulous designer, I think she is such a beautiful person. She is trendy (obviously), gorgeous, and thin (thin, not super skinny;)). She just has this look about her that I love! Not to mention she is 46 years old.

Tory+Burch.jpg

Tory-Burch.jpg

110612-Tory-Burch-400.jpg

tory-burch.jpg

tory-burch.jpg

Tory%20Burch.jpg

i also like her and think she is really pretty/cute... she also looks so fresh and natural, and down to earth.
i love her shoes, though i think it's ridiculous they cost twice as much here as in the us:rolleyes:(well it has nothing to do with her as a person, sorry)

I don't really like her anymore.

It's pretty obvious that she makes similar versions of more expensive brands.

Now I wouldn't really mind that. I mean, if she wants to do a more affordable version of something, good for her! But now she's complaining about her ex-husband for copying her (he's now doing a cheaper mass market brand called C Wonder). That's exactly what SHE is doing and none has ever complained. But if they copy what SHE copies it's unfair? Hypocritical much? :rolleyes:

item0.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss01.jpg

item1.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss02.jpg

item3.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss04.jpg

item4.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss05.jpg

Now I wouldn't really mind that. I mean, if she wants to do a more affordable version of something, good for her! But now she's complaining about her ex-husband for copying her (he's now doing a cheaper mass market brand called C Wonder). That's exactly what SHE is doing and none has ever complained. But if they copy what SHE copies it's unfair? Hypocritical much? :rolleyes:

item0.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss01.jpg

item1.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss02.jpg

item3.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss04.jpg

item4.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.burch-sidebar-ss05.jpg

I do agree with you that some of her stuff is "similar" to other designers, but a lot of it is unique too.. I really like some of the designs she uses and her handbags are amazing (IMO).

It really bugs me though that I see so many knock offs and counterfeits or hers floating around these days. It throws off perception of what the quality and look is really supposed to be and eventually her name becomes a name like *shudder* Coach.

I do agree with you that some of her stuff is "similar" to other designers, but a lot of it is unique too.. I really like some of the designs she uses and her handbags are amazing (IMO).

Oh yes I do think that some of her items are unique (the ballet flats she does are adorable, especially the Reva flats. In my opinion flats are her strong point).

The only thing that ticks me off is that she complained that C. Wonder is doing stuff similar to hers when she also does stuff that is similar to other brands. I found that hypocritical.

Never knew how young and slim Tory Burch looks. Good on her!

Hahaha good point! It's like complaining that a cheapo brand copied a pair of Jeffrey Campbells :lol: (and that's coming from someone who owns JC shoes)
Anyway, I'm not a fan of her stuff because of the huge logo everywhere. To me, a pair of Lanvin or Repetto flats are classic, NOT a pair of flats with a massive gold logo. Also, most of the girls I've seen with Tory Burch bags or shoes obsessed with the flashy branding and think that they're so fashionable for having something "designer" :facepalm: (AKA the A&F wearing type who think Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs are "couture" - seriously)

Never knew how young and slim Tory Burch looks. Good on her!

Hahaha good point! It's like complaining that a cheapo brand copied a pair of Jeffrey Campbells :lol: (and that's coming from someone who owns JC shoes)
Anyway, I'm not a fan of her stuff because of the huge logo everywhere. To me, a pair of Lanvin or Repetto flats are classic, NOT a pair of flats with a massive gold logo. Also, most of the girls I've seen with Tory Burch bags or shoes obsessed with the flashy branding and think that they're so fashionable for having something "designer" :facepalm: (AKA the A&F wearing type who think Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs are "couture" - seriously)

I agree! I would like her designs much more if they didn't have that logo stamped all over the place.

In my opinion flats are her strong point

Cute, but so incredibly uncomfortable. I have had them for over 2 years now, and they're still not broken into. :(

I do like Tory Burch alot though, she does alot of charity work as well!

Cute, but so incredibly uncomfortable. I have had them for over 2 years now, and they're still not broken into. :(

I do like Tory Burch alot though, she does alot of charity work as well!

What flats do you have? I really want the Reva flats for work, but I'm on my feet all day so I don't want to buy $200 flats if they aren't comfortable.

What flats do you have? I really want the Reva flats for work, but I'm on my feet all day so I don't want to buy $200 flats if they aren't comfortable.

Yeah, I got the Reva flats, $200.. so disappointed on how uncomfortable they are. But, I did get patent leather ones.. so that might have to do with the discomfort :hmm:

Yeah, I got the Reva flats, $200.. so disappointed on how uncomfortable they are. But, I did get patent leather ones.. so that might have to do with the discomfort :hmm:

Yeah, could be. I really like the tumbled leather, The suede (in black)
.. Or the classic black with a gold emblem. I think I will look at the reviews for all 3 :)

I see a bunch of girls I go to school with, or even just out and about town, with those flats and the backs tucked under/wearing them like a mule, because they can't get them to break in. These were the leather, not patent, so maybe it's a design flaw?

I see a bunch of girls I go to school with, or even just out and about town, with those flats and the backs tucked under/wearing them like a mule, because they can't get them to break in. These were the leather, not patent, so maybe it's a design flaw?

Hmm, so far the best way I've found to break into shoes is to stuff the stubborn thing with a somewhat damp cloth, then let it stay overnight, and wear it the next morning for a few hours (2). Then get dry cloth and stuff it in again.

This is coming from someone with giant feet and have alway needed to break anything in. Socks also help.

Hmm, so far the best way I've found to break into shoes is to stuff the stubborn thing with a somewhat damp cloth, then let it stay overnight, and wear it the next morning for a few hours (2). Then get dry cloth and stuff it in again.

This is coming from someone with giant feet and have alway needed to break anything in. Socks also help.

To break shoes in, I put on a pair of damp, thick socks and then the shoes, and run my blowdryer to help mold the leather to my foot. Not sure if it works for synthetic shoes, but it should for leather or patent.

I don't really like most of her designs, but I must say this: her PR skills are phenomenal.

I received a personal postcard from her after I did a feature on her, which was the first time any designer did that for me.

532651_10150942766422054_1115792766_n.jpg

P.S. Now everybody knows my real name. Meh.

I got them, too.
Tory-Burch-Reva-Flats-With-Golden-Logo-Black-TBRF-026.jpg

But I think they are very comfortable. Not at first though but I now I could wear them all day long.

I don't really like most of her designs, but I must say this: her PR skills are phenomenal.

I received a personal postcard from her after I did a feature on her, which was the first time any designer did that for me.

532651_10150942766422054_1115792766_n.jpg

P.S. Now everybody knows my real name. Meh.

Hey, congrats :highfive: That is really awesome!