Too skinny?

I think you're going to find a lot of different limits for different people. It varies with body type and obviously occupation. The models on this website have obligations to be a certain size so naturally, their skinny will be SKINNY (I envy them).

As for girls like me who simply want to become better than average and skinnier than average, i'll be happy once i have a good thigh gap between my legs. I'm guessing that will probably put me somewhere around 95-98 pounds :)

It's interesting to see how much this varies, but I can't say I'm surprised either! It has to do with so much more than just your height... your frame size, proportions and muscle mass also dictate a lot. I'm 5'3" and my lowest weight was 111 lbs - not even small compared to many of the girls on here, but I have a small verging on medium frame size, and naturally curvy and muscular legs - I can lose all the weight I want but my butt will maybe lose 1/2 an inch, and it's not fat - it's just natural muscle. So if I let myself go too low, I'd basically be a stick with a huge ass. Not a good look. :wtf:

So I think for me, not being a professional model (did the height give it away? :lol:) my aim is more skinnier than most in a day-to-day kind of way, still looking sort of athletic, but not too much so... I kind of like the idea of being a liiiittle softer, just enough that people might wonder how I got so thin when it doesn't look like I work out a TON, you know? That's just me. :) Based on what I looked like at 111, I'd say I would maybe go down to 105 or so.

For me it depends o the person and how their body frames and overall health is affected. If someone who is 5'10" wants to be 85lbs there's a problem there.

I'm majoring in nursing and being super skinny comes with A LOT OF health risk, and if you don't feel it now you will in the future and that's certain.

But it is very possible to remain healthy with a low bmi!!! But that's if you make sure to keep your bones and muscles strong. So protein, calcium, potassium etc. are vital for keeping a super skinny life style :) And it can be done.

And making sure your muscles are toned, and making sure they don't deteriorate will keep you looking great longer. You age slower.

Being fat or obese can be deadly, but so can being super skinny. So I draw the line when YOUR body type can't sustain itself from it's body weight. Dying from cardiac arrest is not worth having unrealistic expectations for your body.

i'm curious: what do you think differs between the storage patterns and the lowest weight?

for me personally it's a very individual question about the lowest weight - sometimes the same weight looks on one person wonderful, whereas on an other person (same height) it looks akward and unhealthy. i think it depends a lot on the posture, the confidence and also on dressing...
for me personally it's quite low, i guess, if i ever go to 100 or under 100 lbs (i'm 5'5'ish) it would be not too low, because i'm really small framed. my only concern is, that my upper body will look like a skeleton whereas my legs are only normal-skinny... even when i was at my highest weight (it was around 130 lbs) i had a flat stomach and thin arms.

my lowest weight is 45.9 kg, i think. i had a body fat percentage of 13-14%. i looked terrible (i have an ED) and very very very unhealthy but there were still a lot of HEALTHY girls skinnier than me. you could see a lot of bones but a lot of mass too.

For me it depends o the person and how their body frames and overall health is affected. If someone who is 5'10" wants to be 85lbs there's a problem there.

I'm majoring in nursing and being super skinny comes with A LOT OF health risk, and if you don't feel it now you will in the future and that's certain.

But it is very possible to remain healthy with a low bmi!!! But that's if you make sure to keep your bones and muscles strong. So protein, calcium, potassium etc. are vital for keeping a super skinny life style :) And it can be done.

And making sure your muscles are toned, and making sure they don't deteriorate will keep you looking great longer. You age slower.

Being fat or obese can be deadly, but so can being super skinny. So I draw the line when YOUR body type can't sustain itself from it's body weight. Dying from cardiac arrest is not worth having unrealistic expectations for your body.

I just tried to give you reputation points, and it wouldn't let me because, apparently, I've already given you too much! So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for all the super-sensible advice you give on the forum! It's nice to read tips for taking care of your body health-wise as well as weight-wise. you rock.

I don't know what my limit would be because I have never been skinny. My GW for now is 115 (I'm 5'4) but I have a feeling I won't be satisfied with that. I will have to see when I get there. At least with such a good support group I have the confidence now that I KNOW I'll get there. :luv: It just takes a lot of time.:nopity: Did anyone else go from a higher weight and wasn't satisfied when they got to their GW?

A BMI of 16 is the absolute minimum for me. Otherwise my face looks too gaunt. I have really low body fat anyway, even with a BMI of 17 my gym advisor told me my body fat was in the single digits. So below 16, I don't look good.

I just tried to give you reputation points, and it wouldn't let me because, apparently, I've already given you too much! So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for all the super-sensible advice you give on the forum! It's nice to read tips for taking care of your body health-wise as well as weight-wise. you rock.

Oh thank you so much!! <3 :) I love this forum everyone understands each other without the other person judging!!! But since I want to be a nurse to take care of people and it warms me to help whomever possible, I need to be strait forward. Like I said what healthy is to one person might not be healthy for another. All depends on you!! But it's worth a shot to find out your limits!!!

Good luck in your goal hun! <3

I don't know what my limit would be because I have never been skinny. My GW for now is 115 (I'm 5'4) but I have a feeling I won't be satisfied with that. I will have to see when I get there. At least with such a good support group I have the confidence now that I KNOW I'll get there. :luv: It just takes a lot of time.:nopity: Did anyone else go from a higher weight and wasn't satisfied when they got to their GW?

Not exactly my goal weight but what I thought an awesome weight for me was before I got to the weight and turned out to be not so great :lol:

Last year I wanted to be 125, and now that I'm 121, damn was I wrong :wtf: I'm huge!!! But I'm 5'2" :nopity: I want to go down to 102 and I really believe it will look good on me. :p

Standing at 5'9" with a more athletic build, about 120lbs is the lowest I would go I think, I was at about 110 once when I was younger and not as tall and it looked relatively skeletal, not good. I think I need a certain amount of muscle and I wouldn´t mind losing another 5lbs of fat, but I wanna keep my lean muscles and even have some more at certain places, so I don´t think I will end up lower than 120 ever, maybe I stay at 129, I don´t care about the weight itself so much anymore at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user