Tony Abbott and his girls :smash:

Feb 13, 2012
hades
I debated whether this belonged in Takedowns or Celebrities. I decided to put it in Celebrities because I figured it would make a more interesting thread here...

Australia has a new Prime Minister. I hate admitting this. But this creep is Australia's new PM:
772686-tony-abbott.jpg

447735-tony-abbott.jpg

In the lead up to the election, his strategy was to keep his real beliefs and policies silent, and simply trash his opposition and make promises of boosting the economy (that benefit mining, business, high income earners etc). His daughters appeared by his side often and the media went crazy for them. Many Australians think his daughters are hot.
a3d1a43228b9b5949bd4ca3def275aea.jpeg

Maybe it is unfair that I am making a thread for the daughters of a politician, and putting it on SGF. But I also think it was unfair that they deliberately used their looks and their ideas to boost their fathers popularity and downplay real issues. They made news appearances, gave interviews, did magazine photoshoots, made public appearances, took to twitter, basically they were everywhere in the media. So, I figure if you are going to put yourself in the media spotlight so much to help your Dad boost his image (as opposed to his aptitude to look out for an entire country). Well, then we can discuss that image here.

So what do we think of his daughters?
Do you agree with all the comments about how hot they are?
188256-frances-and-bridget-abbott.jpg

abbott-daughters-729-620x349.jpg

4876834-3x2-940x627.jpg

264114-tony-abbott-039-s-daughters.jpg

tony-abbott-family-2.jpg

808839-130826-tony-abbott.jpg

Well, it was a smart strategy to feature Tony's daughters so heavily in the campaign. Tony Abbott has said some horrendously sexist comments in recent times, so showing that his daughters support him was necessary to try and prove to the Australian public that he wasnt so sexist after all.

Examples of his views on women:

4. ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’

5. ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

6. ‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’

7. ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’

Leaving politics aside and focusing on his daughters appearance etc..I think they are reasonably attractive. They are young, dress well, and have pleasant looking faces. I think many people referred to them as being hot, but in a relative sense, being:
1) tony is pretty fucking ugly so it's amazing his daughters aren't as ugly as him
2) compared to other women in politics, they are pretty good looking.

If they were singers or actresses they wouldn't be thought of us particulalry attractive, but for the daughters of a politican they certainly score quite highly.

I confess I didn't really pay attention to what they said during the election.

In terms of the skinny gossip view: they could definitely stand to lose some weight, but they are in the normal/healthy range and I do like that they promote exercise and healthy lifestyles. I like that tony does as well. John Howard (former PM for those non-Aussies) was always photographed power walking every morning (at 60 years old). I want to scream and shout at the fatties that say they don't have time to exercise: IF THE FUCKING PRIME MIMISTER CAN FIND TIME TO EXERCISE, WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU????

In one word: No.

They look plain plain plain. And are quite chunky. Maybe they look "hot" after 8 hours of hair and makeup and some very well structured garments? Saying that, the blonde one is by far the better looking one. The other one has quite an unfortunate face.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I love that you made this thread! Everyone thinks they are so hot and I don't understand it!

Everyone thinks they are so hot and I don't understand it!
Exactly. I made an offhand comment about how his girls weren't that pretty, just done up at appearances...Then I got accused of being jealous of how hot they are. But they just aren't hot, I mean there's NO way I'd swap bodies/faces with Bridget (blonde) and Frances (brunette).

There is absolutely nothing special about them. I know people who have done coke with them in seedy clubs - hardly 'daddy's angels'.
LOL at how they all wore white for this acceptance speech, so orchestrated.

lol blond's prettier then the brown haired gal
meh

faces are good looking, but not anything close to SG standards in terms of body

Can you imagine the media circus if they actually were skinny enough for us to approve though? They would be called anorexic across the board. For politicians' daughters I think they are fine, and this is the first I've heard of them

As a politician, he is going to make Australia look foolish on a local and global scale and set us back decades on a local and global. He, his political 'techniques' (including use of his daughters in his campaigning) and his political stances all disgust me.

There is absolutely nothing special about them. I know people who have done coke with them in seedy clubs - hardly 'daddy's angels'.
LOL at how they all wore white for this acceptance speech, so orchestrated.

Wow, they should have got pictures, would have been worth a FORTUNE

I don't know how these girls can live with that man...or be related in any way. I hate being associated with him by country, let alone birth.
Self-appointed "Minister for Women", coming from a misogynist, exploiting his average, chunky, daughters in order to further his mission in f***ing up Australia.

I obviously vehemently oppose this man, his values that he's already implemented and I think its disgusting that these girls are supporting their dad. Politics is not about your family, so I'm baffled as to why these girls could have any sway on the Australian population and I think its crooked that its actually allowed in politics.
Unfortunately, it is a popularity contest, and unfortunately Australians like average girls...an example of the famed "tall poppy syndrome".

Ugh. Get me out. :spazrun:

Unfortunately, it is a popularity contest, and unfortunately Australians like average girls...an example of the famed "tall poppy syndrome".

Explain "tall poppy syndrome", it sounds interesting. I've never come across this phrase.

I don't know how these girls can live with that man...or be related in any way. I hate being associated with him by country, let alone birth.
Self-appointed "Minister for Women", coming from a misogynist, exploiting his average, chunky, daughters in order to further his mission in f***ing up Australia.

I obviously vehemently oppose this man, his values that he's already implemented and I think its disgusting that these girls are supporting their dad. Politics is not about your family, so I'm baffled as to why these girls could have any sway on the Australian population and I think its crooked that its actually allowed in politics.

Ugh. Get me out. :spazrun:

Hopefully Malcolm turnbull will replace him soon!