Tomboy/ Adrogogynous Fashion

T

TheBellyMonster

I've been really interested in finding clothes that suit my more boyish style. I do like to be Gorky sometimes, but for the most part I'm pretty boyish and it suits me well because I considered myself adrogogynous. But I was wondering if anyone here dresses boyish or similar to a boyish style or is even influenced by menswear.

Some pictures below of my favorites styles rocked by skinnies:
y4utabab.jpg

uduqu7eh.jpg

sa8yhyge.jpg

huhemuvu.jpg

8u2ejypy.jpg

ega3emem.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I love it but I believe you have to be super super skinny to pull it off and look cool and be comfortable.

My favorite tomboy-style has got to be Freja's. She is so amazing and her style is simple and cool. Plus she almost always wears black as I do so I can relate

2010-10-06-18-00-40-8-freja-beha-erichsen-the-danish-supermodel-is-alw.jpeg

la-modella-mafia-Freja-Beha-Erichsen-x-Saint-Laurent-Fall-2013-photographed-by-Hedi-Slimane-4.jpg

the-launch-of-chanels-the-little-black-jacket.jpg

Freja-Beha-Erichsen-x-Mother-Denim-Capsule-Collection-4.jpg

tumblr_m5o1vfYq5w1r9zqxgo1_500.jpg

la+modella+mafia+Freja+Beha+Erichsen+stylin+2.jpg

God I just love her :luv:

Reactions: 1 user
I almost always wear a collared shirt and jumper with skinny jeans and sometimes a tie. I wear some men's shirts and jumpers too and frequently riding-style boots. I do sometimes wear heels, though, but always quite plain in style. If I wear a skirt it is tight not flared, and almost always mini (except for a kilt-style mini skirt). I don't feel I look very feminine, (thin lips, no boobs, big feet etc) even though I am wide-hipped, so I don't generally wear feminine styles or fabrics. I feel silly in them.

Dressing this way isn't really deliberate, I have just never liked feminine on myself and found if I bought such garments they languished, unworn, before being purged from the wardrobe.

A lot of model street style appears boyish to me which I think is a reaction against the huge amount of time they spend being styled at work! Also it's comfortable, relatively warm and easy to put androgynous items together from a capsule wardrobe, significant when one is traveling a lot.

I go through phases of wanting to look super girly and feminine with flowy, pale dresses, and wanting to look chic and boyish with lots of greys and browns and blacks, but androgyny is my first love.
You definitely do have to be super skinny to pull it off, though. A lot of it is about minimizing more feminine traits (hips, boobs), so it's a lot easier to wear less layers and have the right aesthetic when you're thin, than when you're heavier and have to wear more to cover it up. Plus, baggy, masculine cut shirts look absolutely terrible if you have a larger chest. I think Freja has the look down beautifully. :bow: She makes it look so easy and natural.

Freja is amazing and I definitely agree that you do have to be super skinny to rock the look. I myself have never felt "feminine" in the sense (whenever I wore dresses I did so because of family suggestion) but I have also never been super skinny (just average) so it looks a bit awkward -__-

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Plus, baggy, masculine cut shirts look absolutely terrible if you have a larger chest.

Exactly! That is what I meant with looking/feeling comfortable. That type of clothes are not comfy at all when you have big boobs, stomach-fat and well general fat actually :lol: They become baggy or too tight.

I loooove this fashion but my body is so hyper-feminine (very wide hips and large butt) that I just look like some gross white-trash woman. my figure is not suited for mens/androgynous fashion hmm. one day.

Agyness Deyn always inspired me with her bold, rock, boyish style
3e988948a0e8ee1ef3be44ef394ec25d.jpg

55b967c9ef78c645d82af5752e8e69d3.jpg

Agyness8_std.jpg

9526a7e641bb6dda8e840e63e31625f7.jpg

517678-agyness-deyn-se-prendrait-volontiers-580x0-3.jpg

Agyness+Deyn+spotted+walking+out+New+York+PUqzKKA1sxJl.jpg

be75338e.jpg
english_supermodel_agyness_deyn_enjoys_the_british_summer_weather_in_primrose_hill_1908736.jpg

click here for more (x)

Alexa Chung has a tomboy style sometimes too

GettyImages-501493162.jpg

alexa-chung-alex-turner-asos-exclusive-pacific-coast-news3.jpg

tumblr_m3fhmpsHfP1qmtsp8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n13x1vtWqN1rarw77o1_500.jpg

alexa-chung-tomboy-style_1060x644.jpg

I am a feminine girl but when i'm inspired to dress like a tomboy, i directly inspire myself from a guy, like Matt Hitt for instance

335full-matthew-hitt.jpg

AllSaints-May-2015-Mens-Look-Book-Matthew-Hitt-001.jpg

large.png

tumblr_lzd28foTP41qateoro1_500.png