Thinspiration Movies & Shows

I like movies about dancers or ballarinas, like Black Swan and Center Stage.

Does anyone of you know a great documentary about dancers/ballarinas?

Thinspo+0016+%25285%2529.jpg

I love this documentary with Svetlana Zakharova and Uliana Lopatkina. It is called Prima Ballerina.

The movie "in time" with justin timberlake had some amazingly beautiful thinspo.

'The Best Little Girl in the World' is a classic thinspo movie, it's usually in the same list as 'For the Love of Nancy'...

The actress for the latter actually suffered anorexia, which is so so sad.

Girl Interrupted has always got me. Winona *swoon* :luv:

Plus, Angelina in that movie is totally my first g/f. Scary witch that she was. But so damn gorgeous and mesmerising, in her weird, sad way. Angelina is rail-thin in that film.

Plus, also has Britney Murphy playing a girl with an ED (and who is sadly being abused).

I'm watching the devil wears prada right now and there's this scene where Andrea comes up and tells Emily:

A: You look so thin.
E: Do I? (with the most desperately happy face)
A: Yeah
E: Oh it's for Paris (fashion week). Well I'm on this new diet, it's very effective. Well I don't eat anything, and when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese.
A: Well it's definitely working.
E: I know, I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

:lol::lol: Gotta love her.

Gorgeous Emily Blunt in this movie.
blunt-deevil.jpg

From my post in the thread Best Skinny Chick Flicks? cause I'm a laze ass and I don't want to write everything again:

The Devil Wears Prada- Models and fashion industry. Nuff' said.
Roman Holiday- Audrey Hepburn with that tiny little belt that shows off her 20" waist.
Breakfast at Tiffany's- Audrey Hepburn and her tiny arms in Givenchy
Sabrina- Audrey Hepburn and her collarbones in Givenchy
Funny Face- A musical about fashion and models and magazines in Paris and New York with Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, Kay Thompson and Givenchy designs. That's like mixing rainbows with bunnies, unicorns, pretty colors and smiles and baking it all together into a low fat, low sugar, low calorie pie of happiness.
Clueless- Alicia Silverstone at her thinnest in Calvin Klein. Anything better? As if!
The Phantom of the Opera- Emmy Rossum looks so tiny there!
The Black Balloon- Starring Gemma Ward when she was still skinny!!! And the plot is really lovely and made me cry.

From my post in the thread Best Skinny Chick Flicks? cause I'm a laze ass and I don't want to write everything again:

Breakfast at Tiffany's- Audrey Hepburn and her tiny arms in Givenchy
:highfive:
If you want to have another cookie... watch the first ten minutes of Breakfast at Tiffany's... then probably stuff that cookie into your mouth in shame after you realize you'll never get a chance to look that good in Givenchy :lol:

Reactions: 1 user
I like movies about dancers or ballarinas, like Black Swan and Center Stage.

Does anyone of you know a great documentary about dancers/ballarinas?

Thinspo+0016+%25285%2529.jpg
Ballerina (2009) is about the Russian Ballet and it's really inspirational and excellent <3

Just seconding the recommendation for Ballerina. And I loved that the ballerinas they interviewed were of all different heights, so that shorties like me don't end up feeling left out! Of course, I'm never going to train as much as they do so their bodies are still pretty unattainable. Just beautiful, though!

I fell in love with the trashy, fucked up, junkie, prostitute, crazy, bad girl look. :lol:

tumblr_mdyadiYeYq1rwkc5bo1_400.gif

Black Snake Moan

reese-witherspoon-freeway.jpg

Freeway

tumblr_mdlfd9eEPn1rxwv7eo1_500.gif

tumblr_mco08vtO0r1qd3dyzo1_250.gif

Natural Born Killers

tumblr_me3xi5lZqU1rtvhmho1_400.jpg

Girl Interrupted

500full.jpg

Spun

Enter-the-Void.png

Enter_the_Void_800i.jpg

Enter The Void

It's weird how many examples I could find. :wtf:

I love kates secret, secret between friends, best little girl in the world,dying to dance, for the love of nancy, hunger point.

@EliseMacabre I agree, I feel like if you are skinny and look trashy, you look like a badass. but if you're fat and trashy, you look like lady gaga...

Last edited by a moderator: