The Veronicas

Apple

Rising Star
Jan 16, 2012
USA
Jess and Lisa are twin sisters from Australia who form the band The Veronicas. I liked them a lot when I was younger and they have gotten increasingly smaller as time has gone on.

z218071256.jpg
blog190308_veronicas3.jpg

the-veronicas11.JPG

images

images

images

Jess is said to be 5'2'' and Lisa is 5'1''. Finally short girl thinspo!

I think they are funky and fun. I love their style and their music and basically I have girl crushes on both of them :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow I love their rock star style. Very cool, and very thinspiring!

Ah! I used to love the Veronicas when I was younger. I'm going to have to start listening to them again for a nostalgic flashback :) And, I'm short, so yea! for short girl thinspo!

I'm all for short girl thinspo, but I really, really don't like their style. They always look so cheap and trashy. And I remember when I was a little girl and they used to be popular in Australia, there was controversy because apparantly they'd hooked up in front a a bunch of people to look cool or whatever. I don't know if it was true or not, but a lot of their popularity seemed to rely on lesbian/incest rumours...

So I'm dragging this thread out of the dark ages but I came across this on buzzfeed today...View attachment 12117

What do you girls think?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tahliaprit...groceries-also?utm_term=.moMVmedWm#.ntlVR3vdR

I loved the Veronicas & expect nothing less from them. And I'm stoooked that they're making music again~

But I don't believe that they eat all of that in one day (2 bags of tortilla chips? 2 tubs of hummus?). The ambiguity is misleading. So say they're single servings- okay yeah, then that still clocks in at a 200 calorie snack, plus a can of black beans each (624), plus a can of chickpeas each (729), plus two bananas each (220), and two avocados each (463). That's not even half of everything on that list. They're suggest that they eat all of that in a day; they say they'll send another one tomorrow. Obviously no one actually is going to believe they eat all of that in a day so maybe I'm taking this too literally, but what I'm saying is that they're suggestion is meant not really to inform, but to mislead. This grocery list would last me a week.

Reactions: 2 users
But I don't believe that they eat all of that in one day (2 bags of tortilla chips? 2 tubs of hummus?). The ambiguity is misleading. So say they're single servings- okay yeah, then that still clocks in at a 200 calorie snack, plus a can of black beans each (624), plus a can of chickpeas each (729), plus two bananas each (220), and two avocados each (463). That's not even half of everything on that list. They're suggest that they eat all of that in a day; they say they'll send another one tomorrow. Obviously no one actually is going to believe they eat all of that in a day so maybe I'm taking this too literally, but what I'm saying is that they're suggestion is meant not really to inform, but to mislead. This grocery list would last me a week.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did the mental calorie calculations as I was reading down the list. Lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I loved the Veronicas & expect nothing less from them. And I'm stoooked that they're making music again~

That is what actually jumped out at me, I should have made it clear in my post. I mean who goes through a bottle of olive oil in a day?!

So I'm dragging this thread out of the dark ages but I came across this on buzzfeed today...View attachment 12117

What do you girls think?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tahliaprit...groceries-also?utm_term=.moMVmedWm#.ntlVR3vdR

Based on how they used to look I cannot imagine they eat all that in a day I think it was just a response to the asinine comment while making it look like they eat a lot (I used to love them but haven't seem them recently...have a feeling they aren't eating that much though!)

Resurrecting this thread because they're receving so much shit lately for their bodies.

They performed topless recently (at the ARIAs) and apparently deserve to be attacked for being svelte?

58408dfccc7bb_jessportrait.jpg

To be honest I'm not a fan of their music or anything, but I'm payimg attention as they're good role models for taking the bullshit skinny-hating with nothing but grace, claws out.

584dfc34e7837_89lisa1.jpg

• Love
Resurrecting this thread because they're receving so much shit lately for their bodies.

They performed topless recently (at the ARIAs) and apparently deserve to be attacked for being svelte?

58408dfccc7bb_jessportrait.jpg

To be honest I'm not a fan of their music or anything, but I'm payimg attention as they're good role models for taking the bullshit skinny-hating with nothing but grace, claws out.
They look amazing in most photos, but that first photo definitely makes the weight loss look unnatural on them. Something about their makeup looks a little gaunt, and the silhouetted look plus the gleam on the shiny pants pretty much draw your eyes to their hipbones before you even notice their faces.

They look amazing in most photos, but that first photo definitely makes the weight loss look unnatural on them. Something about their makeup looks a little gaunt, and the silhouetted look plus the gleam on the shiny pants pretty much draw your eyes to their hipbones before you even notice their faces.
I see that, but I personally love the angularity, especially with the pseudo-costuming.

The public definitely agrees with you though!

I think people are too quick to judge the thinness as unnatural, and I personally believe that restrictive, healthy eating enhances longevity and slows cell turnover with numerous positive health impacts. They are very thin, but not wan, weak, or sickly seeming to my eyes.