The Veronicas

Discussion in 'Celebrities' started by Apple, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apple

Apple Rising Star

Jess and Lisa are twin sisters from Australia who form the band The Veronicas. I liked them a lot when I was younger and they have gotten increasingly smaller as time has gone on.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jess is said to be 5'2'' and Lisa is 5'1''. Finally short girl thinspo!

I think they are funky and fun. I love their style and their music and basically I have girl crushes on both of them :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  2. dumbbrunette

dumbbrunette Guest

Oh wow I love their rock star style. Very cool, and very thinspiring!

3. jmfrost

jmfrost Guest

Ah! I used to love the Veronicas when I was younger. I'm going to have to start listening to them again for a nostalgic flashback :) And, I'm short, so yea! for short girl thinspo!

4. Phoebe

Phoebe Rookie

I'm all for short girl thinspo, but I really, really don't like their style. They always look so cheap and trashy. And I remember when I was a little girl and they used to be popular in Australia, there was controversy because apparantly they'd hooked up in front a a bunch of people to look cool or whatever. I don't know if it was true or not, but a lot of their popularity seemed to rely on lesbian/incest rumours...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sun Chaser

Sun Chaser Rookie

• Like Like x 1
  6. heroinchic

heroinchic Worker Bee

7. Kit

Kit Super Star

I loved the Veronicas & expect nothing less from them. And I'm stoooked that they're making music again~

But I don't believe that they eat all of that in one day (2 bags of tortilla chips? 2 tubs of hummus?). The ambiguity is misleading. So say they're single servings- okay yeah, then that still clocks in at a 200 calorie snack, plus a can of black beans each (624), plus a can of chickpeas each (729), plus two bananas each (220), and two avocados each (463). That's not even half of everything on that list. They're suggest that they eat all of that in a day; they say they'll send another one tomorrow. Obviously no one actually is going to believe they eat all of that in a day so maybe I'm taking this too literally, but what I'm saying is that they're suggestion is meant not really to inform, but to mislead. This grocery list would last me a week.

• Like Like x 3
  8. khaleesi

khaleesi Worker Bee

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did the mental calorie calculations as I was reading down the list. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sun Chaser

Sun Chaser Rookie

That is what actually jumped out at me, I should have made it clear in my post. I mean who goes through a bottle of olive oil in a day?!

10. skinnieminnie

skinnieminnie Rising Star

Based on how they used to look I cannot imagine they eat all that in a day I think it was just a response to the asinine comment while making it look like they eat a lot (I used to love them but haven't seem them recently...have a feeling they aren't eating that much though!)

11. Ellie

Ellie SkinnyGossip Royal

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kit

Kit Super Star

If you can pull off leather pants, let alone a leather body suit, I probably will try to hit on you when you come around

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. marieebo

marieebo Grand Dame

It's cute that they lost weight together and are mantaining, I wish I had a friend willing to do this with me lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ellie

Ellie SkinnyGossip Royal

You have literally the entirety of SG! :flower:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gracilis

gracilis Grand Dame

Resurrecting this thread because they're receving so much shit lately for their bodies.

They performed topless recently (at the ARIAs) and apparently deserve to be attacked for being svelte?

[​IMG]

To be honest I'm not a fan of their music or anything, but I'm payimg attention as they're good role models for taking the bullshit skinny-hating with nothing but grace, claws out.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  16. gracilis

gracilis Grand Dame

17. Ellie

Ellie SkinnyGossip Royal

They look amazing in most photos, but that first photo definitely makes the weight loss look unnatural on them. Something about their makeup looks a little gaunt, and the silhouetted look plus the gleam on the shiny pants pretty much draw your eyes to their hipbones before you even notice their faces.

18. gracilis

gracilis Grand Dame

I see that, but I personally love the angularity, especially with the pseudo-costuming.

The public definitely agrees with you though!

I think people are too quick to judge the thinness as unnatural, and I personally believe that restrictive, healthy eating enhances longevity and slows cell turnover with numerous positive health impacts. They are very thin, but not wan, weak, or sickly seeming to my eyes.

19. LisaBabyMJ

LisaBabyMJ Rookie

Vegan? Cool same here, and around my height and size too!

20. Natalie

Natalie Super Star

Their collaboration with Ruby Rose is to die for, tbh. Skinny lesbians yasssss :ijizzed:

• Love Love x 2