The Spring Breakers

Coffee_Girl

Worker Bee
Jan 23, 2012
Poland
Have you seen it? What do you think?
I'm not asking about the girls' bodies, that has been discussed many times.

I personaly liked it, although it made me feel uncomfortable. But from what I heard many people hated it so much, they they left in the middle of the movie.

I saw a preview for it the other day.. it looks disturbing to me.

I really want to see it. But I only want to see it because Ashley Benson is in it, I love her in Pretty Little Liars. I also like Selena Gomez but don't know how she is as an actress. The movie seems strange and definitely not my kind of movie but I've heard some pretty good reviews about it. I think it's one of those movies where 50% will like it or 50% of viewers would just hate it.

Spring Breakers is a very odd movie... it's like this huge ode to the ridiculous lifestyle of gangster, drug-dealing rappers and the violence that all these gangs bring to Miami. The whole movie is ridiculous, it's embarrassing to watch at points... the worst girls you can imagine, no taste... and then James Franco acting like an insane Riff Raff or whatever, it makes you cringe.

But it's all just part of the movie. They know what they're acting is absolute madness. There are so many scenes of James Franco just rambling on and on, mainly about "all his shit" and tanning oil, "for suuunnn tannin". I mean, it's ridiculous.

I love it, though. Very well executed. The music (not my taste) was really on point and and a couple scenes were just... so good. I really liked it.

Recommend :nod:

Reactions: 1 user
I personally loved it. I absolutely love Harmony Korine. His style definitely isn't for anyone as it is a bit artsy, but then again, one of the reasons why this movie got such a negative response from mainstream audiences is that it was an art house movie marketed to the same crowd that would see Project X for the partying thing.

I really want to see it. But I only want to see it because Ashley Benson is in it, I love her in Pretty Little Liars. I also like Selena Gomez but don't know how she is as an actress. The movie seems strange and definitely not my kind of movie but I've heard some pretty good reviews about it. I think it's one of those movies where 50% will like it or 50% of viewers would just hate it.

It definitely is one of those movies. I think part of it is the medi attention. Up to this point, when people wanted to see Korine's movie, they went to see Korine's movie. They knew what to expect, more or less. With this movie, many people go to see Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, or Vanessa Hudgens movie. Judging from posters and the girls' previous roles they're bound to be disappointed. I'm not trying to discourage you, just prepare to feel a bit disturbed by it.

Spring Breakers is a very odd movie... it's like this huge ode to the ridiculous lifestyle of gangster, drug-dealing rappers and the violence that all these gangs bring to Miami. The whole movie is ridiculous, it's embarrassing to watch at points... the worst girls you can imagine, no taste... and then James Franco acting like an insane Riff Raff or whatever, it makes you cringe.

But it's all just part of the movie. They know what they're acting is absolute madness. There are so many scenes of James Franco just rambling on and on, mainly about "all his shit" and tanning oil, "for suuunnn tannin". I mean, it's ridiculous.

I love it, though. Very well executed. The music (not my taste) was really on point and and a couple scenes were just... so good. I really liked it.

Recommend :nod:

I think your review is spot on :)

Reactions: 1 user