The September Issue

V

Victoria

Okay, its not exactly a movie, more of a full length documentry. But still, i really enjoyed it and i know a lot of you girls are into fashion :)

Its about the making of the september issue of Vogue.

you can watch it here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jpkfbe0gC4

enjoy! :kiss:

I saw this when it first came out with a friend who is studying fashion design. It was entertaining. Did anyone else get annoyed when the redhead kept whining that she didn't rise up the ranks as far as Anna Wintour? (sp?)

I saw this when it first came out with a friend who is studying fashion design. It was entertaining. Did anyone else get annoyed when the redhead kept whining that she didn't rise up the ranks as far as Anna Wintour? (sp?)

This one didn't stay in my mind, but what bugged me was how everyone dealt with Wintours' tirany. It felt like the film-makers intentionally did not show the reason she is the leader, because she just seemed like a terrible, pathetic, evil woman to put up with...for no reason besides discouraging artists.

PS. Funny part was how the fat redhead had only salad leaves for lunch as if she did it all of the time. Note to her: your body tells the truth, lady! :lol:

I ended up watching this again a few days ago. A friend of mine studying fashion design had never watched it. Maybe I hadn't been paying attention to the end (I tend to quickly lose interest in things and can't pay attention for long) but the end has a VERY sad feeling to it. When Anna is talking about her family and how her siblings don't value her work she seemed so defeated. Then the close ups of her during meetings and discussions. She seems to shut people out once it gets confrontational or too personal. She seems very uncomfortable with human emotion. I found it very touching that the film crew found a way to show her insecurities even though she tries so hard to be a blank sheet.

Love this documentary! It is a great look into the fashion world but @leigh I definitely agree, Anna does seem sad. She really wants her daughter to join her world but her daughter thinks its silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm link's been removed due to copyright infringement. Any more links, please? :)

PS. Funny part was how the fat redhead had only salad leaves for lunch as if she did it all of the time. Note to her: your body tells the truth, lady! :lol:

If you're talking about the 'fat redhead' with the really frizzy hair, that's Grace Coddington. She's an extremely intelligent and creative woman and used to be a model. She was involved in a car accident in her 20's which disfigured her face, and right now she's in her 70's and can hardly be expected to maintain a wonderful figure. Sorry, I'm not meaning to attack you (I just read it and it sounded like that), just giving you some information which might help you understand what she's really like :) Here's a picture of her when she was younger:

british_vogue_august_1962__grace_coddington__carapetian.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
^ Grace is a fashion icon, humble and so creative.
I love her because she loves cats so much, she even published a illustration book of cats and fashion :)