The real deal?

ForeverDirtx

Rookie
Apr 15, 2012
Hi girls, I need some advice! I've been contacted by someone on Model Mayhem wanting to shoot, its paid and I'm considering it, but I'm curious..

http://www.modelmayhem.com/1724166

On his profile he has images hes taken, apparently for Vogue. Pardon my suspicion, but are these real, or has he just stuck "Vogue" on any old picture?

I like his style of work, but if he were lying about that it would seem pretty odd, and I figured you girls would know!

Thanks.;D

those don't look like real Vogue covers.... but i've only read American vogue and he says he's from Ireland. Maybe some of the other girls can say for sure?

Be very careful about meeting with this person. The first time you go to a shoot or meet him, bring a male friend or two.

those don't look like real Vogue covers.... but i've only read American vogue and he says he's from Ireland. Maybe some of the other girls can say for sure?

Be very careful about meeting with this person. The first time you go to a shoot or meet him, bring a male friend or two.

Yeah, they're nice pictures, but something looks.. Not quite right. And yeah, I'll be bringing my boyfriend along, especially since he wants to use one of my animals in the shoot so I'll need an extra pair of hands anyway!

Vogue has a section on their website where you can upload photographs - or something- so that's why there's the logo on the bottom. Lots of amateur photographers do it but it amounts to nothing. They definitely haven't shot for vogue but there's no obvious reason why you shouldn't go through with the photoshoot :)

Vogue has a section on their website where you can upload photographs - or something- so that's why there's the logo on the bottom. Lots of amateur photographers do it but it amounts to nothing. They definitely haven't shot for vogue but there's no obvious reason why you shouldn't go through with the photoshoot :)

Ahhh I see. Yeah, will probably go ahead with it. If he were expecting it for free I wouldnt bother, but hes paying so I suppose so. The only photographer I work with unpaid is Aska because its always fun and interesting.>w<

I never heard of him, also though, most pro photogs will never allow boyfriend, parents, friends, on set.

Yeah, as @1919 said, it's just uploaded to Vogue's website. They made it so they would end up choosing the best photographer and having them to shoot for Vogue, but nothing has happened yet, and it's been a while. Why don't you go to agencies first? My agency is horrified whenever any photographer has an MM account..

(Eavesdropping on my bookers conversations, while I'm there, hilarious)

Last edited by a moderator: