The ones to watch [New Faces]

She's not really one I want to watch but I've been noticing her on so many runways this season. But I've noticed her in an unflattering way. Every time she's walking down the runway I think of Hatchet-Face from Cry Baby. Am I the only one who sees it?
View attachment 15391 View attachment 15392
That's a bit far-fetched and harsh imo, I find her interesting and captivating, she even looks pretty, but to each their own of course!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Looking at these girls makes me wonder... what's it like being so ethereally beyond beautiful at such a young age? :luv: I think we can safely say most of us "grew" into our looks with time/weight loss. It's really such a different world. Some people are just genetically blessed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
That's a bit far-fetched and harsh imo, I find her interesting and captivating, she even looks pretty, but to each their own of course!
It is harsh, I agree. I think it's the one highly arched eyebrow that makes me think of that character. I was looking through her photos and it's not as bad in still pictures. It's mainly the runway face I don't care for.

• Agree
Looking at these girls makes me wonder... what's it like being so ethereally beyond beautiful at such a young age? :luv: I think we can safely say most of us "grew" into our looks with time/weight loss. It's really such a different world. Some people are just genetically blessed.
I think a lot of girls who are tall/skinny/unusual-looking (model qualities) get made fun of or targeted for those same reasons, possibly out of jealousy.

My experience having been a (commercial) child model (who stopped at 15ish when everyone else got taller): People would apparently approach my mom in stores and tell her, "Is that your daughter? She's gorgeous," but I definitely didn't feel abnormally attractive when I wasn't in print. I was terrified to tell people I modeled, because I was scared they'd think I was stuck up. So people at school knew, but I'm pretty sure no one treated me differently. Wasn't made fun of for being ugly, though, and aside from my fat days I'm fairly confident in my appearance.

Plus, no matter what you grow up looking like, beauty standards are as such that you can always find something to be insecure about. If you grow up skinny, someone's going to call you flat-chested; if you grow up with boobs you get harassed more by men. You can have the face of an angel and someone's going to give you grief that your hips aren't perfectly proportioned, or your teeth aren't totally straight, or your nose, or your thighs...I think very few girls really grow up to be totally secure in their appearance.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Lex Herl. 17 year old from Madison, Wisconsin
QLusDcI.jpg

e2xODdZ.png

WDVmoct.png

k5pPEMP.png

F/W 2017 so far:
kTWpOn8.jpg

Calvin Klein
bU5k8mX.jpg

Wang
ydE9TTn.jpg

Proenza Schouler
sJEDWwY.jpg

Victoria Beckham

^These are really wonderful examples. Lex jumps out to me. As a model she can make nearly any outfit look cool and sophisticated. Maybe time for her own thread?

• Love
  • Agree
^These are really wonderful examples. Lex jumps out to me. As a model she can make nearly any outfit look cool and sophisticated. Maybe time for her own thread?
Okay -- I think she is superb.
5PG51HU.png

here is Birgit with photos, she really seems to be a high-in-demand these weeks. Face yeah, body okayish ?
mtnEnWB.jpg

JwWd8lV.jpg

qTRWVac.jpg

oXZUGJy.jpg

• Agree
She's not really one I want to watch but I've been noticing her on so many runways this season. But I've noticed her in an unflattering way. Every time she's walking down the runway I think of Hatchet-Face from Cry Baby. Am I the only one who sees it?
View attachment 15391 View attachment 15392

Interesting face, but she's no Natalia Vodianova that's for sure :) Kinda don't like the trend of weird looking models. I'm all for more conventional beauties like Lauren de Graaf (I'm mad that she isn't doing so hot atm, to me she deserves to be everywhere).

I feel Franny Cowap coming
signed with IMG, she walked Gucci last shows and she just shooted Gucci make up campaign (insider secret for ya)

_GUC0489.jpg

b0fae85c-43fb-4bb7-bb66-881b78adcc9e_thumb.jpg
03ad5e74-37b2-454c-ae33-2ae56d17029e_thumb.jpg
7430e238-a94e-48cf-9d83-252d39d83db0_thumb.jpg
ffc.png

Manuela Miloqui

Her arms look tiiny
_RAB0674.jpg

KIM_0076.jpg

_VAL0577.jpg

FxmHoCsK.jpeg

6GM4t0f.png

anyone know what the last poster is referring to? Found this in the "Model Casting F/W 2017" thread on Tfs.