The Obama Deception

@71000

It's absolutely feasible and totally within the realm of possibility, if not the absolute truth.

I wish I knew as much about the fashion industry as you do, instead of knowing as much as I do about politics. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
@71000

It's absolutely feasible and totally within the realm of possibility, if not the absolute truth.

I wish I knew as much about the fashion industry as you do, instead of knowing as much as I do about politics. ;)

That's good to hear. I thought I was just being delusional. I guess the Illuminati really does control everything :p But what I don't understand is how in the world they're going to pull off the "New World Order" without people revolting, and exactly how the New World Order will change the lives of everyday people. Maybe we'll all be brainwashed, or maybe we'll all be living under martial law. And the religious undertones of the conspiracy is fascinating too because it kinda correlates to the end of the world prophecies in the Bible. To be honest, it seems too unreal, like something out of a book. But at the same time, it seems totally possible because parts of the conspiracy are gradually taking place, like the formation of the North American Union, the European Union, the African Union, the Union of South American Nations, the promotion of a "world currency", etc. But THEN AGAIN, it seems like the unionization of nations is inevitable because of the desire for world peace and globalization, and is therefore not part of any actual conspiracy. Hurts my brain :lol:

Aw thank you :) But I've always been jealous of people who understood politics, especially with elections being last month.

I don't want to start a thing here, but you'd be much better off learning about politics by reading some 20th century history and keeping up with the major news outlets. Keeping my own political opinions out of this, I can tell you right off that

-there are no plans for forced national service. Democrats occasionally toss around the idea of expanding the Americorps program and offering better educational incentives for young people who sign up, but there are no plans for making everyone do this. And even if there were, it would be nothing worse than a return to the draft, which was in force for much longer than it has not been.

-warrantless wiretaps were a Bush initiative, not an Obama one. Obama has just not stopped them, which a lot of his supporters are a bit peeved about.

-FEMA trailers and FEMA camps have also been around at least since Bush. Some of the Katrina survivors are still living in them.

-The tax policies that Obama has proposed are actually comparatively kind to the middle class. For the impending fiscal cliff, he's asking that taxes not go up on families making under $400,000 a year, while taxes would go up on families making more. This is meant to protect middle class incomes (and, arguably, a good chunk of the income of the top 5% or so of earners) while the higher taxes on the wealthy are used to reduce the deficit.

-deciding that it should be illegal for civilians to own high capacity gun magazines or certain types of highly destructive guns in no way infringes on second amendment rights. We already prohibit civilians from owning certain military grade guns, so it would just be extending existing gun laws to cover some additional types of guns and gun accessories.

-The only people who are really getting pensions these days are workers in the public sector. Pensions mostly vanished from the private sector during the eighties and early nineties. Everyone in the private sector is pretty dependent on Social Security, which Obama has said repeatedly that he plans to protect by not privatizing it. I'd say that both Democrats and Republicans are a little peeved that Social Security is underfunded and no one has a real plan for fixing it, but so far there are no plans to dismantle it. Bush tried to during his second term, and people started screaming bloody murder, so just about every politician is staying away from talking about it seriously because they know they'd get voted out of office for doing so.

I get that this isn't a political forum, so I'm going to shut up in a minute. But these conspiracy theories are always floating around, and just about all of them are based on misinformation, cherry-picked facts, and illogical interpretations of facts. And it drives me crazy when people compare the US government to Nazi Germany because the comparison is incredibly insulting to people who lost their families, their homes, and their livelihoods to the Nazis. In fact, I'd say we're much farther from Nazi Germany in 2012 than we were when we were actually fighting the Nazis because we no longer have Jim Crow laws or allow employment or lending discrimination.

It doesn't matter where you get your news--CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Guardian, Time, Newsweek, the National Review, or the nightly network news--just please pay attention now and then so you know when people are bullshitting you. If anything, it's people's apathy and lack of information that scares me the most about the direction of the country.

Reactions: 4 users
-You are probably right on the forced military service considering spending is down on national defense, and higher on social welfare programs than ever before.

-True on the wiretaps. I don't think discontinuing them though was ever on Obama's agenda. Nor was bringing the troops home. Although he promised this before the first round.

-True again on the FEMA camps.

-I love how the whole fiscal cliff wasn't mentioned until after the election. As well as the Petraeus "scandal" , and the scandal being nothing to do with an "affair." I'm not sure what the tax policies are that are being proposed. I just keep hearing about the fiscal cliff and what dire straits the county is in. I did hear Obama just returned from vacationing in Hawaii, so maybe it can finally be wrapped up.

-I'm not a big believer in gun control, basically because I don't think such thing exists, except to disarm the law abiding citizen. Military style weapons are hardly ever used in crime when a gun is involved. Legislation will never prevent a tragedy like Newtown. Nor is it going to prevent street criminals from using them. It's people like my brother-in-law who owns a very successful computer business and transports high dollar equipment that can't get a pistol permit.

-I work in the public sector, so I'm getting a pension. I have no idea how the private sector plans for retirement. But there is no reason American citizens should worry about Social Security "running out". The system is only on the verge of a breakdown because the government tampered with it, borrowed against it. We also hand out Social Security Disability to scammers who never paid a dollar into the system, but get to collect if for life.

-As far as getting your facts from the media, please. Didn't anyone notice how the election coverage was so one-sided? It was so pro-Obama I couldn't believe my eyes and ears at times. This is how I see the parallels between Nazi Germany and the US government. It's control of information and censorship. And the more "politically correct" we become, the more we are censored. There are no more independent journalists, just the robotic reporters we get from news outlets like CNN, Fox and what have you. The apathy of the country scares me too, like when we are complacent to sky high gas prices and are fed lies about world events such as Benghazi. As a country we are eating it up with a shovel and it baffles me.

This thread is so relevant to my life right now :lol: I got in trouble with family today when I started talking about my beliefs on the Sandy Hook shooting :run: Note to self: Never discuss politics or conspiracy theories with fam again.

But back to the thread, I don't think it is an OBAMA deception as much as an American politics, or politics in general, deception. Agencies such as FEMA aren't even under the control of the federal government, they aren't federal agencies. This gives them more power to do whatever the hell they want.

But I will just be here waiting for the pandemic they release on all of us to get here. We know they have enough caskets waiting to put us in. Hopefully I will be healthy enough to survive the initial disease and whatever they throw after that. Then I can be one of the 10% who gets the privilege of survivng. :party:

It doesn't matter where you get your news--CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Guardian, Time, Newsweek, the National Review, or the nightly network news--just please pay attention now and then so you know when people are bullshitting you. If anything, it's people's apathy and lack of information that scares me the most about the direction of the country.

Yes!!! Thank goodness for the voice of reason.

Karma for you. :kiss:

I don't want to start a thing here, but you'd be much better off learning about politics by reading some 20th century history and keeping up with the major news outlets.

When I first heard of the Sandy Hook tragedy, I turned to the major news outlets trying to get the details. When the first reports came out, I read with my own eyes that Adam Lanza had used two hand guns and a high-powered rifle had been found left in his car. After the FBI came in and kicked out local police, it was suddenly being reported that an assault rifle had been used in the attacks. Then the outcry by the federal government against these weapons ensued. The media never retracted the initial reports, stating they were wrong or erroneous on the first emerging details, the story just changed. That's it.

@Apple, I don't know if this detail played into the discussion you had with your family, I at least find it odd that this goes largely unquestioned by the masses.

And I agree with Apple that this isn't just a deception solely by Obama but by every president and politican. I mention Obama because the title of the documentary is The Obama Deception. Did anyone watch the whole thing? I'm not saying that I believed every facet of it. I absolutely agree with the whole story behind the bank bail out scandal. Over 90% of voters were against bailing out the banks from the mess that they created themselves, yet the bill passed both through the House and the Senate in record time. We the people vote these politicians in and instead of heeding the wishes of their constituents, they proceeded to pass the bill anyway. This dissuades any doubt from my mind that US government is deep in bed with Wall St. and big business. And then the banks take the money and do what they want with it. CEO's getting the biggest bonuses ever and severance packages like you wouldn't believe. A disgusting display of greed and outright thievery in my mind. All on our dollar...

Another point the documentary had was that Obama received unprecedented media coverage and was portrayed as a savior. Romney did not get nearly as much air time, and was basically disparaged when he did. The media is supposed to be an unbiased source of information. And had they got the facts out to the public on the Benghazi attack, the outcome of the election would have perhaps been different. The Obama Administration actually tried to blame the cause of the attack on an outrage against a video with anti-muslim sentiment. Are you kidding me right now? The attack happened on September 11th at a US Embassy killing four Americans and the US Ambassador to Libya. These people pleaded for more protection after receiving many threats and their cries for help went unheeded. If an attack on a US Embassy that killed Americans on September 11th doesn't scream terrorist attack, then the air planes flying into the WTC on September 11th, 2001 were probably just pilot error. How quickly Americans forget...it is not a "conspiracy theory" that Benghazi was a terrorist attack. It was.

I have no desire to sway one's political beliefs one way or the other. I'm just pointing out the gross indescrepancies in our government and in the media that I witness with my own capable senses. And in an attempt to give credence to my view, through my work I know politics and grimey politicians. I could write a book of epic style proportions...and if the corruption I see goes on at my level, I can't even imagine what they are getting away with on the federal level.

@Apple, I don't know if this detail played into the discussion you had with your family, I at least find it odd that this goes largely unquestioned by the masses.

I wasn't able to get that far :p Once I even mentioned that IMO Sandy Hook was a conpiracy, all hell broke loose. I think people are just too scared to think for a second that the government that is supposed to protect them and tell them the truth is doing the opposite. They have an agenda and resort to very disturbing ways to get it done. We need to convince the public we need stricter gun conntrol? Let's say children are being mercilessly killed. We need the public to support a war in the Middle East? Let's have planes crash into buildings. I too can't believe that people don't question anything, but ignorance is bliss isn't it.

So I applaud people's interest in current events and politics. However there is a lot of crap being spewed and it is important to get your news from multiple reputable sources. I give a side-eye to anyone who says they ONLY watch Fox news or they ONLY watch MSNBC.

You should get your news from more than one source and if you are in the US I highly recommend watching/listening to a BBC news program or some other non-US produced news. You will get an outsiders' perspective of the role the US plays in the world.

Reactions: 2 users
Another point the documentary had was that Obama received unprecedented media coverage and was portrayed as a savior. Romney did not get nearly as much air time, and was basically disparaged when he did. The media is supposed to be an unbiased source of information. And had they got the facts out to the public on the Benghazi attack, the outcome of the election would have perhaps been different. The Obama Administration actually tried to blame the cause of the attack on an outrage against a video with anti-muslim sentiment. Are you kidding me right now? The attack happened on September 11th at a US Embassy killing four Americans and the US Ambassador to Libya. These people pleaded for more protection after receiving many threats and their cries for help went unheeded. If an attack on a US Embassy that killed Americans on September 11th doesn't scream terrorist attack, then the air planes flying into the WTC on September 11th, 2001 were probably just pilot error. How quickly Americans forget...it is not a "conspiracy theory" that Benghazi was a terrorist attack. It was.

I have no desire to sway one's political beliefs one way or the other. I'm just pointing out the gross indescrepancies in our government and in the media that I witness with my own capable senses. And in an attempt to give credence to my view, through my work I know politics and grimey politicians. I could write a book of epic style proportions...and if the corruption I see goes on at my level, I can't even imagine what they are getting away with on the federal level.

:bow: You are so right. Haha, I never thought anyone on here agreed with me on politics. Especially the whole Benghazi thing - don't even get me started on how horribly that was handled, from the idea that the US Embassy attack was caused by that video (first posted in July btw), to the deaths that night, including the ambassador. They did call for backup, there was live streaming into the situation room and everything, and it went on for HOURS. Not only that, but when units nearby asked to respond to the calls for help, they were told to stand down. But of course, media coverage of this was very minimal. (On the other hand, Romney's 47% comments were practically 24/7:rolleyes:).

I agree with you too about not wanting to change anyone's minds - I don't care who you support - however I just wish all the facts could be presented fairly so that people who don't watch the news all the time can make a truly informed decision.

:bow: You are so right. Haha, I never thought anyone on here agreed with me on politics. Especially the whole Benghazi thing - don't even get me started on how horribly that was handled, from the idea that the US Embassy attack was caused by that video (first posted in July btw), to the deaths that night, including the ambassador. They did call for backup, there was live streaming into the situation room and everything, and it went on for HOURS. Not only that, but when units nearby asked to respond to the calls for help, they were told to stand down. But of course, media coverage of this was very minimal. (On the other hand, Romney's 47% comments were practically 24/7:rolleyes:).

I agree with you too about not wanting to change anyone's minds - I don't care who you support - however I just wish all the facts could be presented fairly so that people who don't watch the news all the time can make a truly informed decision.

This really amazed me. I have to be honest, I'm really shocked that a high school student would share these same political views (I checked out your profile ;) ) I also find it refreshing that you're informed, and also that you don't seem to be bursting at the seams with liberalism, which seems to be the common mindset of today's younger population.

I find the media coverage on almost all current events to be extremely unsettling. I almost never hear or see a news report that is objective and that keeps to reporting facts. There is always a biased slant towards ideals I strongly disagree with and that I attribute to the degradation of the moral makeup of society. America is spiraling downward at a sickening pace and I can only pray that I am retired by the time social upheaval takes place since my line of work puts in a place where I will be front and center in dealing with it.

This really amazed me. I have to be honest, I'm really shocked that a high school student would share these same political views (I checked out your profile ;) ) I also find it refreshing that you're informed, and also that you don't seem to be bursting at the seams with liberalism, which seems to be the common mindset of today's younger population.

I find the media coverage on almost all current events to be extremely unsettling. I almost never hear or see a news report that is objective and that keeps to reporting facts. There is always a biased slant towards ideals I strongly disagree with and that I attribute to the degradation of the moral makeup of society. America is spiraling downward at a sickening pace and I can only pray that I am retired by the time social upheaval takes place since my line of work puts in a place where I will be front and center in dealing with it.

Haha, no one my age agrees with me, especially in my area of the country. It makes me really depressed to think about the fact that it just keeps getting worse with time - and the fact is that the party establishment seems to think that the answer is to give in on the ideals/ignore that we have them:rolleyes:, but this just causes the only opinion on these issues that is heard to be that of the biased media, and of the liberals. I think that we just need to explain why we believe what we believe and take a stand - or else eventually everything we believe in will be impossible to get back.

What are your thoughts on this? I'd love to know.

The argument is somewhat convincing, but I'm not sure if I believe it - as much as I don't want to believe it. I can accept it, but along with it I then must accept the fact that the government would condone the mass murder of nearly two dozen children for the sake of rallying anti-gun legislation. Or, I could reject it - yet still be left with the horror of tragedy and in fear of gun violence.

It's really just a lose-lose situation. I, I, I don't know. :eek:

What are your thoughts?

And @Prinnyprinn and @Golden ice, I'm on the same page as you both. :sneaky: I think liberalism is so popular amongst youth these days because of, once again, the media. Liberalism: hip and cool, popular amongst celebrities, in favor of equal rights for gays and minorities. While conservatism is portrayed as: old white men, racists, homophobic haters, in favor of the rich. Or that's at least what I get from my peers. Obviously the portrayals are skewed.

The argument is somewhat convincing, but I'm not sure if I believe it - as much as I don't want to believe it. I can accept it, but along with it I then must accept the fact that the government would condone the mass murder of nearly two dozen children for the sake of rallying anti-gun legislation. Or, I could reject it - yet still be left with the horror of tragedy and in fear of gun violence.

It's really just a lose-lose situation. I, I, I don't know. :eek:

What are your thoughts?

And @Prinnyprinn and @Golden ice, I'm on the same page as you both. :sneaky: I think liberalism is so popular amongst youth these days because of, once again, the media. Liberalism: hip and cool, popular amongst celebrities, in favor of equal rights for gays and minorities. While conservatism is portrayed as: old white men, racists, homophobic haters, in favor of the rich. Or that's at least what I get from my peers. Obviously the portrayals are skewed.

Yay!! Thank God... I was beginning to think that everyone here was totally left-wing. Good to know I have two political allies :sneaky::highfive:.

Yay!! Thank God... I was beginning to think that everyone here was totally left-wing. Good to know I have two political allies :sneaky::highfive:.

:lol: Well I certainly have some left-wing views - especially when it comes to social issues like abortion and same-sex marriage. And I do believe firmly in the separation of the church and the state. But when it comes to the economy and finances, I'm completely on the right side. (And let's be honest, money is what makes the world go round. ;))

:lol: Well I certainly have some left-wing views - especially when it comes to social issues like abortion and same-sex marriage. And I do believe firmly in the separation of the church and the state. But when it comes to the economy and finances, I'm completely on the right side. (And let's be honest, money is what makes the world go round. ;))

I have the same views as you, for this and the Sandy Hook conspiracy. I can believe that the government would fake the shooting in order to raise support for gun control, yet I have a hard time believing that they want gun control in order to strip the public of their ability to revolt when martial law is imposed. And then there's the whole Illuminati aspect of it, where the government will supposedly impose martial law in order to turn the US into a totalitarian government in order to achieve the New World Order. It's like it all sounds so outrageous and most of it is probably just me being overly paranoid in my distrust, because why and how would a secret organization come up with such an elaborate plan spanning hundreds of years? And all that somehow correlates with the end times mentioned in the last chapter of the Bible. It sounds insane! But at the same time I can believe parts of it, because there is so much suspicious stuff going on. I know I sound crazy and naive, but it's because I don't know what to believe because things can be faked, yet things can also be twisted in order to fit certain agendas.