The Man Repeller

Moon

Rookie
Sep 28, 2012
I'm sure a lot of girls who follow blogs know her, but I'd like to share her blog with you. She's one of my favourite bloggers!

Her blog was an overnight succes and I think of her as one of the (more) influential bloggers. She's very original (and surely man repelling, haha.)
Her posts are kind of hard to comprehend sometimes, but she's very funny and I just love the concept of her blog.

Plus, she's pretty skinny. In her copious store, she sells mostly XS, size 24, size 25 and size 0 and 2.
In one post she stated that she used to be 30 pounds heavier than she is now until the age of 17, so she's defenitely not a natural skinny.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure a lot of girls who follow blogs know her, but I'd like to share her blog with you. She's one of my favourite bloggers!

Her blog was an overnight succes and I think of her as one of the (more) influential bloggers. She's very original (and surely man repelling, haha.)
Her posts are kind of hard to comprehend sometimes, but she's very funny and I just love the concept of her blog.

Plus, she's pretty skinny. In her copious store, she sells mostly XS, size 24, size 25 and size 0 and 2.
In one post she stated that she used to be 30 pounds heavier than she is now until the age of 17, so she's defenitely not a natural skinny.

I love her! and her blog! She has this unique sense of humor that I love! And her style, I think it's amazing, maybe I wouldn't wear most of her outfits, but for her, I think it suits. Moreover, she has the personality to wear all the new fashion trends... even when they might be man (and sometimes woman) repelling, but she just stands up for the name of fashion :luv:

PD: sorry for my english, I'm a spanish native speaker :)

Moreover, she has the personality to wear all the new fashion trends... even when they might be man (and sometimes woman) repelling, but she just stands up for the name of fashion :luv:

Yeah, she really knows her fashion, but her style is what makes every trend look so great on her. It's not like she follows every trend and has every ''item of the moment'', yet, she always looks so crazily on-trend.

I'd love to have the guts to match prints like she does. Have you seen the short clips she does? She seems so spontaneous, funny and out there. It really matches her great outstanding style.

Yeah, she really knows her fashion, but her style is what makes every trend look so great on her. It's not like she follows every trend and has every ''item of the moment'', yet, she always looks so crazily on-trend.

I'd love to have the guts to match prints like she does. Have you seen the short clips she does? She seems so spontaneous, funny and out there. It really matches her great outstanding style.

Yes, I've watched them! she's so natural, she's not afraid to be herself and gives a damn about what people might think. She's so crazy, in a good way, and her style just matches her personality! :) Also, I love reading her articles, she has an amazing writing style, and a very unique point of view! Definitely one of my favorite blogs :luv:

I love her :luv:

Though maybe her man repelling isn't that great, considering she is married ;) haha :grin:

Haha, true. It upset a few of her readers, too, when she announced that she was in a steady relationship for years. :p
I would think of her sense of style as society-repelling, lol. The looks people must give her sometimes. :luv: So brave.

Haha, true. It upset a few of her readers, too, when she announced that she was in a steady relationship for years. :p
I would think of her sense of style as society-repelling, lol. The looks people must give her sometimes. :luv: So brave.

I thought the response was so silly, ha. People take the Internet too seriously :rolleyes:

I agree; her styling is more about pushing fashion boundaries and also a bit of tongue-in-cheek commentary.

I thought the response was so silly, ha. People take the Internet too seriously :rolleyes:

I agree; her styling is more about pushing fashion boundaries and also a bit of tongue-in-cheek commentary.

Defenitely. :meh: I was very happy for her and super curious after her wedding, although I think her wedding outfit was kind of ridiculous haha. But in a cute way.

If you read her ''youngest'' blog post, she mostly comments on the street style stars. She's funny and she doesn't take fashion too seriously, so she can have fun with how she dresses. It's really admirable how she doesn't really give a shit.

I do really miss her ''man-getters to repellers''. She's becoming a bit too all-over-the-place with all her articles about waxing and stuff, and I'd like to see some of her older work. :)

Defenitely. :meh: I was very happy for her and super curious after her wedding, although I think her wedding outfit was kind of ridiculous haha. But in a cute way.

If you read her ''youngest'' blog post, she mostly comments on the street style stars. She's funny and she doesn't take fashion too seriously, so she can have fun with how she dresses. It's really admirable how she doesn't really give a shit.

I do really miss her ''man-getters to repellers''. She's becoming a bit too all-over-the-place with all her articles about waxing and stuff, and I'd like to see some of her older work. :)

Aah! I miss them too! Also, the "who wore it better" segments! Haha!

I miss the old format too - it's a bit less user friendly now but maybe that's because I'm on a tablet? :hmm:

Aah! I miss them too! Also, the "who wore it better" segments! Haha!

I miss the old format too - it's a bit less user friendly now but maybe that's because I'm on a tablet? :hmm:

Haha, yeah, those were too funny. And the lessons in layering, I really loved those. :D

I haven't noticed...

Haha, yeah, those were too funny. And the lessons in layering, I really loved those. :D

I haven't noticed...

It may just be because of the way in which I'm viewing the page but it's a bit less user-friendly from my perspective. But maybe that's just me, ha ;)

Still love the blog and stay up to date though :luv:

She's so fresh!! love all her posts! god save the man repeller!

i cant help but think that everyone who skinny shames has probably suffered from an eating disorder and now has to desperately resort to believing that all skinny women are anorexic/bulimic as a way to cope with there own mental illness. it looks like most of the commenters are just "recovered" anorexics who think they have the right to bully thin women.
their thought process is this:
"my brain has never experienced what it is like to eat a healthy amount of food and not get fat, therefore, all skinny people starve. my brain cannot accept what it has never experienced, so i will just resort to believing natural thinness does not exist because it makes me feel better about not being naturally skinny"
and anyway, even if she does have an eating disorder, it is NOT ok to BULLY ANYONE FOR THEIR SIZE REGARDLESS OF THERE MENTAL HEALTH. honestly, bullying someone who is mentally ill is even more disgusting!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I have tried to find her thread but couldn't! I should have known she had one though.

I love her!

anyone know how tall she is?

She had an eating disorder in high school and sometimes I think she might be back into her old habits :/ (speculating by her face at certain times in her history. Looks like a lot of the girls I knew when I was in hospital).

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
She had an eating disorder in high school and sometimes I think she might be back into her old habits :/ (speculating by her face at certain times in her history. Looks like a lot of the girls I knew when I was in hospital).

I was just going to comment this same thing... her bloated face just screams bulimia.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
She had an eating disorder in high school
We literally know this because she opened up about it in her autobiography or something? This is why I can never be honest and tell anyone in real life that I had an ED in high school lol, my eating habits would instantly be scrutinized so much more and my weight would suddenly become exponentially more "problematic."

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
We literally know this because she opened up about it in her autobiography or something? This is why I can never be honest and tell anyone in real life that I had an ED in high school lol, my eating habits would instantly be scrutinized so much more and my weight would suddenly become exponentially more "problematic."

I get where you're coming from (former ED sufferer myself - also loathe to share for the same reasons) ... my comment was based solely on her current appearance and my knowledge of / experience with the stereotypical, puffy-face chipmunk, look of the ana/bul combo girls I've known, esp those who abuse laxatives and water pills in addition to purging. I don't know what her "normal" face looks like as I don't follow her at all. It was simply my gut reaction to the images posted.

I AM sorry if it struck a cord with you... I do understand how sensitive the issue is.

I unfortunately know the scrutiny first hand.

And I was very much just speculating about Leandra. It could be natural for her at this point in her life (age, metabolism, etc). But it wasn’t before so that was the first thing that popped into my head.

If you go back to her IG feed right after her twins were born and you’ll see what I mean.
None of the photos I posted on this thread are the ones that I thought were the “concerning” (for lack of a better word) photos.

But again, purely speculation and not intended to offend anyone nor did I realize I would