The Hunger Games

Z

zer0fat

So this is the new big hype after twilight.... I read the books and i liked them and i just watched the movie but i am really dissappointed. Jennifer Lawrence doesn't fit the description of Katniss Everdeen at all....

However i was shocked when i read lots of racist comments about the fact that Rue is black in the movie.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/320...ames-racism-jennifer-lawrence-twitter-rue.htm

What do you think about this?

Have you seen the movies/read the books?

Reactions: 1 user
The books are amazing, but i would advise everyone to spend their money on a better movie, for example go and see "Shame" (Carey Mulligan and Michael Fassbender are just great together...that's a movie that goes right under your skin and stays with you for a long time...)

I prefer the books, but the movie isn't that bad...still entertaining and way better than the twilight saga with their depressed vampires who sparkle in the sun...

@barbie (fatbarbie sounds so mean^^): it's really worth to see "Shame" although i felt a little bit down after watching it (yes it goes right under your skin!) and i think Michael Fassbender was quite an underrated actor until that movie...

I loved the books, and I liked the movie a lot too. I don't know if I would buy it when it comes out though. But it was definitely worth seeing in the theaters.

And as for the racist comments about Rue.... People need to STFU. I can't believe people are still that ignorant.

Haven't seen the movie, but just read all of the books in english couple of weeks ago. I didn't like number two very much (too much relationship drama and weird social stuff for my taste, and the storyline was a bit too obvious as well), but the ending of the last one made me cry twice, which I really appreciate since I cry very seldom.

The idea reminded me about Battle Royale, but the writer just went much further with it in Hunger Games - sometimes it was a little bit too absurd to me (made it harder to actually lose myself in the story), but I liked it anyway. Many times I wasn't sure if I was annoyed or thrilled, but it still worked. :D

I liked how they hadn't changed the movie too much from the book. Yeah, they added a few scenes by referencing the next few books but I think it gave it a different approach from the book.
Not like Harry Potter where a lotttt of insanely awesome parts were cut out/changed.
Then, Hunger Games is a much shorter book.
Grrr I'll never forgive Rowling for letting them change the end part about the Elder Wand

I haven't read the books or seen the movie yet but I'm curious about all the hype with the movie. I'm hitting the bookstore tomorrow :)

Just curious, who would you girlies have cast for the character of Katniss?

I always imagined her as a younger version of Keira Knightley... but from the actresses that are around at the moment? Hard to say...

I have no idea. I always imagined her to be so skinny (because she was always starving) and I imagined her to be not delicate looking. Skinny and muscular (but not to a gross point)

Yeah
In the book, Harry puts it back into Dumbledore's tomb, in his hand
and in the movie, he breaks it in half & throws it off a cliff - like a TWIG.
:mad:

I thought I was the only one annoyed by that. And really off topic, but I did think it was kind of odd that all someone had to do in the book is disarm Harry/wait for him to die and steal the wand from Dumbledore's grave and the Elder wand would be back.

Sorry, it my dorkness showing?

I have no idea. I always imagined her to be so skinny (because she was always starving) and I imagined her to be not delicate looking. Skinny and muscular (but not to a gross point)

I would have loved Ellen Page for the role: great actress, beautiful face, not too delicate looking! Maybe a little too short, but imo she would have been a better choice than JL!

001ws8dt

ellen-paige-in-purple-long-sleeve-with-v-neck-blazer-person-photo-u1.jpg

Ellen-Page-and-Gucci-Resort-2008-Leather-Jacket-300x382.jpg

100713A1_PAGE_E_B-GR_04.jpg

I thought I was the only one annoyed by that. And really off topic, but I did think it was kind of odd that all someone had to do in the book is disarm Harry/wait for him to die and steal the wand from Dumbledore's grave and the Elder wand would be back.

Sorry, it my dorkness showing?

Lol
Now that you mention it.

^I like Ellen Page too, but I think after she did Juno, can't imagine her doing something like this
Still, they could've auditioned for someone new.

Lol
Now that you mention it.

^I like Ellen Page too, but I think after she did Juno, can't imagine her doing something like this
Still, they could've auditioned for someone new.

Have you seen Ellen Page in Inception? I think she could have pulled it of but i never thought about her.

Thinking about it i would have liked Kaya Scodelario or maybe Camilla Belle...

kaya-scodelario-effy-skins.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HshTMYttcWs/THew34olgQI/AAAAAAAAF7c/QbeF0rms1lw/s1600/camilla-belle-.jpg

Anyway i also didn't like the guys in the movie, especially that bulky guy, Miley's bf....

I prefer the books, but the movie isn't that bad...still entertaining and way better than the twilight saga with their depressed vampires who sparkle in the sun...

Like your description of the twilight movies XD

Have you seen Ellen Page in Inception? I think she could have pulled it of but i never thought about her.

Yes, I have
And I guess she could have pulled it off, but I have a hard time seeing her in that role.

Reactions: 1 users
I love Ellen Page, she is such a great actress! Kristen Stewart and JL could learn a lot from her!