The Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Movies' started by zer0fat, Mar 29, 2012.

1. zer0fat

zer0fat Guest

So this is the new big hype after twilight.... I read the books and i liked them and i just watched the movie but i am really dissappointed. Jennifer Lawrence doesn't fit the description of Katniss Everdeen at all....

However i was shocked when i read lots of racist comments about the fact that Rue is black in the movie.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/320...ames-racism-jennifer-lawrence-twitter-rue.htm

What do you think about this?

Have you seen the movies/read the books?

• Like Like x 1
  2. fatbarbie

fatbarbie Guest

The books are amazing, but i would advise everyone to spend their money on a better movie, for example go and see "Shame" (Carey Mulligan and Michael Fassbender are just great together...that's a movie that goes right under your skin and stays with you for a long time...)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skinny2012

Skinny2012 Guest

I prefer the books, but the movie isn't that bad...still entertaining and way better than the twilight saga with their depressed vampires who sparkle in the sun...

@barbie (fatbarbie sounds so mean^^): it's really worth to see "Shame" although i felt a little bit down after watching it (yes it goes right under your skin!) and i think Michael Fassbender was quite an underrated actor until that movie...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexis767

Alexis767 Worker Bee

I loved the books, and I liked the movie a lot too. I don't know if I would buy it when it comes out though. But it was definitely worth seeing in the theaters.

And as for the racist comments about Rue.... People need to STFU. I can't believe people are still that ignorant.

5. Frogface

Frogface Guest

Haven't seen the movie, but just read all of the books in english couple of weeks ago. I didn't like number two very much (too much relationship drama and weird social stuff for my taste, and the storyline was a bit too obvious as well), but the ending of the last one made me cry twice, which I really appreciate since I cry very seldom.

The idea reminded me about Battle Royale, but the writer just went much further with it in Hunger Games - sometimes it was a little bit too absurd to me (made it harder to actually lose myself in the story), but I liked it anyway. Many times I wasn't sure if I was annoyed or thrilled, but it still worked. :D

6. panthera

panthera Rookie

watched movie today, and it was good! recommend :)

7. AK91

AK91 Guest

I liked how they hadn't changed the movie too much from the book. Yeah, they added a few scenes by referencing the next few books but I think it gave it a different approach from the book.
    Not like Harry Potter where a lotttt of insanely awesome parts were cut out/changed.
    Then, Hunger Games is a much shorter book.
    Grrr I'll never forgive Rowling for letting them change the end part about the Elder Wand

8. classichic

classichic Super Star

I haven't read the books or seen the movie yet but I'm curious about all the hype with the movie. I'm hitting the bookstore tomorrow :)

9. Thin2012

Thin2012 Banned
    Banned

Just curious, who would you girlies have cast for the character of Katniss?

10. fatbarbie

fatbarbie Guest

They changed it? I can't remember that...

11. fatbarbie

fatbarbie Guest

I always imagined her as a younger version of Keira Knightley... but from the actresses that are around at the moment? Hard to say...

• Like Like x 1
  12. aelie

aelie Guest

I have no idea. I always imagined her to be so skinny (because she was always starving) and I imagined her to be not delicate looking. Skinny and muscular (but not to a gross point)

13. AK91

AK91 Guest

Yeah
    In the book, Harry puts it back into Dumbledore's tomb, in his hand
    and in the movie, he breaks it in half & throws it off a cliff - like a TWIG.
    :mad:

14. Cel

Cel Guest

I thought I was the only one annoyed by that. And really off topic, but I did think it was kind of odd that all someone had to do in the book is disarm Harry/wait for him to die and steal the wand from Dumbledore's grave and the Elder wand would be back.

Sorry, it my dorkness showing?

• Like Like x 1
  15. skinnylegs19

skinnylegs19 Guest

I would have loved Ellen Page for the role: great actress, beautiful face, not too delicate looking! Maybe a little too short, but imo she would have been a better choice than JL!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. AK91

AK91 Guest

Lol
    Now that you mention it.

^I like Ellen Page too, but I think after she did Juno, can't imagine her doing something like this
    Still, they could've auditioned for someone new.

17. zer0fat

zer0fat Guest

Have you seen Ellen Page in Inception? I think she could have pulled it of but i never thought about her.

Thinking about it i would have liked Kaya Scodelario or maybe Camilla Belle...

[​IMG]
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HshTMYttcWs/THew34olgQI/AAAAAAAAF7c/QbeF0rms1lw/s1600/camilla-belle-.jpg

Anyway i also didn't like the guys in the movie, especially that bulky guy, Miley's bf....

• Like Like x 1
  18. zer0fat

zer0fat Guest

Like your description of the twilight movies XD

• Like Like x 1
  19. AK91

AK91 Guest

Yes, I have
    And I guess she could have pulled it off, but I have a hard time seeing her in that role.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Skinny2012

Skinny2012 Guest

I love Ellen Page, she is such a great actress! Kristen Stewart and JL could learn a lot from her!

• Like Like x 1