The Hobbit!

Just watched it yesterday, and I liked it. The landscapes are just... I mean... seriously... it´s UNFAIR!!!

And can I say that I have a little crush on Kili? Holy mother of God, I have a crush on a dwarf xD

I loved the movie. I felt it dragged on a bit at the beginning but when they got moving it was really good. I agree, the landscapes are just spectacular

:lol: My friend and I looked immediately looked at each other in the cinema when he was standing in the doorway and were like yessss!. He's quite he looker :luv:
The fact that he's Irish also makes him so much sexier because god knows how scarce good looking men are here

...and some more (apologies for spamming, I'm just trying to cheer myself up here :oops:)

tumblr_mbccjqDjs71qizfmwo1_500.gif

tumblr_mbccjqDjs71qizfmwo2_500.gif

Well hello gurls, let me introduce myself. I'm that girl who's nearly fluent in both Sindarin and Quenia (Tolkien's elvish languages). Biggest. Tolkien nerd. Ever. EVER!

That being said, The Hobbit, WHOA.
Visually perfect.
Also, the music, Howard Shore is the best composer of our time. He's so awesome I forgive him for doing the soundtrack for Eclipse.
The story is changed, but not for the worse, which is kind of strange.
And even though I liked this movie so so very much, I'll never forgive Peter Jackson for being so money-hungry that he stretched the story to make not one, not two, but THREE three hour long movies.

p.s. Yup some of the dwarves were pretty hot. Some even more than that (Kili).

p.p.s. It's lovely that I'm not the only one here who likes this kind of thing. I sort of expected all of you too be way to cool, girly, grown up and not geeky enough for Tolkien. xD

THIS! I never thought I would find a thread about this kind of movie. I am so happy you girls in here also love LOTR and The Hobbit. And the soundtrack!!So calming and beautiful, I love it. I usually don't really notice soundtracks in movies, but this one I knew it was a special case from the beginning.

I also missed the main characters from LOTR a bit, like Aragorn.

Reactions: 1 user
I loved it :luv:

And when they fought the orcs for the last time and Thorin is about to be killed but Bilbo jumps and saves him and Gandalf calls the eagles... Oh God I loved that scene.

To be honest, hope I don't upset anyone if I say this, I thought the decision of Thorin to try to kill Azog when it was clear he had absolutely no chance to do it was stupid. In the book it is not like this. Azog had been killed by Thorin, he didn't survive.

To be honest, hope I don't upset anyone if I say this, I thought the decision of Thorin to try to kill Azog when it was clear he had absolutely no chance to do it was stupid. In the book it is not like this. Azog had been killed by Thorin, he didn't survive.

Waah you spoiled it! :(

LOL jk I love spoilers :lol: I'm reading the LOTR triology first and then I'll go to The Hobbit haha

Waah you spoiled it! :(

LOL jk I love spoilers :lol: I'm reading the LOTR triology first and then I'll go to The Hobbit haha

Enjoy the books!:luv: Glad I didn't write one of those long comments and spoil more things for you, cause when I am excited about something I tend to write a lot :lol:

Aaaah I'm so late on this but I loved it so much. I'm a total Tolkien AND Sherlock geek, so having freaking Martin Freeman as Bilbo was just :luv:

Plus the film is gorgeous, and I loved the unique character of all the dwarves. My favorite was Ori cause he was so cute and precious.

Oh and the addition of Ratagast even if he wasn't in the books was amazing just because it was so perfect.

Note my username? Yeah, I'm a second-generation Tolkien geek (fun fact: my mother once blew off my dad when they were dating because she was in the middle of "Flight to the Ford" in FOTR).

I loved, loved, LOVED "The Hobbit" and saw it in the theater several times. I was geeking out over the backstory as I thought it fleshed out what was really happening. In the book Gandalf appears and reappears for no reason and you don't truly understand the depth of Thorin's antipathy towards elves. That being said, some of the Hollywoodized moments grated (when Thorin accepted Bilbo at the end, some of the fight scenes) but I could overlook them.

I can't wait to see how they deal with Beorn! Oh, and how they design the wood-elves kingdom (with Legolas's obligatory cameo), and SMAUG (eeeeee!), and the battle of five armies - I wonder if we'll get to see the White Council unite against the Necromancer?