The Fat Nutritionist

This is a really good point. Acknowledging that obesity is unhealthy is not, in and of itself, an attack on people who have or prefer overweight/obese bodies on an aesthetic level. When we're talking about health, it's not about whose body is right and whose body is wrong. It's fair game to defend your physical preferences and your right to feel beautiful in your own skin--everyone deserves that--but that doesn't change the medical fact that excess weight is taxing on your body. So even if you're eating healthy fats and fish and avocado and fruit all day, the fact remains: if you're obese you're unhealthy. Even if you like what you see in the mirror. Self-confidence can't reverse heart disease or rebuild your overstressed knee joints.

You are so right. It really bugs me when they eat nuts and hummus and stuff and are still over 200 lbs and claim they eat healthy.

You are so right. It really bugs me when they eat nuts and hummus and stuff and are still over 200 lbs and claim they eat healthy.

I'm with you! It's like they don't understand that moderation is part of of eating healthily. If you don't practice moderation, you aren't being healthy. (Even if eating 3,000 calories of Burger King would be worse than eating 3,000 "good" calories. Make me wanna shout, "Neither one is doing your body any favors, Miss Fat Pride!" ;)).