The Carrie Diaries

M

Monica

Have you heard about the new "Carrie Diaries" show? The series is a prequel to Sex and the City, and will follow the character of Carrie Bradshaw during her senior year of high school during the early 1980s and part of her life in New York working as a writer. The name of the new actress is Anna Sophia Robb, what do you think about her and about this whole prequel?:

the-carrie-diaries-first-image-annasophia-robb-as-carrie-bradshaw-xl2.jpg

and

annasophia-robb-the-set-of-the-carrie-diaries-01.jpg

annasophia-robb-the-carrie-diaries-80s-cutie.jpg

And I don't know whos gonna perform the other 3. Does anyone know?? :hmm:

Have you heard about the new "Carrie Diaries" show? The series is a prequel to Sex and the City, and will follow the character of Carrie Bradshaw during her senior year of high school during the early 1980s and part of her life in New York working as a writer. The name of the new actress is Anna Sophia Robb, what do you think about her and about this whole prequel?:

the-carrie-diaries-first-image-annasophia-robb-as-carrie-bradshaw-xl2.jpg

and

annasophia-robb-the-set-of-the-carrie-diaries-01.jpg

annasophia-robb-the-carrie-diaries-80s-cutie.jpg

And I don't know whos gonna perform the other 3. Does anyone know?? :hmm:

Mmmm I feel sketchy when it comes to sequels, especially when its of one of my all time faves shows. I know its not a sequel per se but a show inspired by and related but with different target audience.

I adore Sex & the city....this looks more marketed to teenagers so I dont think It will make me want to watch it so much....I feel it will be too sugar coated and lacking the razziness and sarcastic humor SATC had. I dont know, teenager shows annoy me lol since well Im 25, but it can be fun as long as it has good writing, its well directed and well acted.... so will see!, also looking at the fashion might be interesting, to see if the styling is as good..

I dont know about the lead girl "young Carrie" kinda pretty but not very interesting (kind of a potato without salt "una papa sin sal" @Monica you'll get me with this saying lol ;)) and def not a thinspo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge chunky calves, and almost as unappealing a horsy face as the real deal. Meh, not a fan.

I dont know about the lead girl "young Carrie" kinda pretty but not very interesting (kind of a potato without salt "una papa sin sal" @Monica you'll get me with this saying lol ;)) and def not a thinspo.

You couldn't say it better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge chunky calves, and almost as unappealing a horsy face as the real deal. Meh, not a fan.

Yeah sadly... I used to be a fan of Sex and the City, but this carrie is so disappointing.. I expected a lot more, image wise... :(

Still, I'm happy they didn't go with Blake Lively, like they wanted to at first. Not just that she's a freaking 6 inches taller than SJP, but in my opinion she can't act for the life of her.

I think this girl has a pretty face, but she could be so gorgeous if she was skinny.

I've seen a trailer for this. It's infuriating. That girl in no way plays a good Carrie, the whole thing looks so cringey:run:

Oh dear, Carrie must have lost quite a lot of weight since she first came to NYC...Especially from the legs ;)

It's flogging a dead horse, though, IMO. After one bad movie and the terrible second movie, there is no way they can revive the spirit of SATC. And SATC without SJP? Come on, that's ridiculous.

I'll watch the pilot but I don't expect much of it.

Oh dear, Carrie must have lost quite a lot of weight since she first came to NYC...Especially from the legs ;)

But it's a well known fact that carrie often bought vogue instead of dinner when she first moved to NYC ;)

But that girl doesn't look like a thoroughbred... :lol::twisted:
Anyway, the show looks stupid. I would never imagine Carrie Bradshaw in any other place that isn't New York. Sorry, but the young Carrie in my mind was born with Manolos and a designer label tied around her wrist. Disappointing.

But that girl doesn't look like a thoroughbred... :lol::twisted:
Anyway, the show looks stupid. I would never imagine Carrie Bradshaw in any other place that isn't New York. Sorry, but the young Carrie in my mind was born with Manolos and a designer label tied around her wrist. Disappointing.

Yeah! come on! even carrie wanted the 80s to be forgotten!